Shave of the Day Thread - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really enjoyed todays shave friends.
I hope you all enjoy yours this "shortened" (in NSW) week!
aLaEANz.jpg

@shavetheman may I ask what razor model is that showing above, and the bloom is making me
t2802.gif
&
t2807.gif
even more!

Date: 04 October 2016 it's TABAC Tuesday!!!!!
t2802.gif

Pre-Shave:
- Shower & Musgo Real Classic Scent Pre-Shave Oil Soap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Tabac Soap
Razor: - Fatip with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
Blade: - Wilkinson Sword from Germany #2
Post Shave: - Alum Block / T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Tabac Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: - Tabac Cologne

Last edited:
Pre: Prorasso Red ( just trying to use this stuff up!)
Blade: Parker 567
Brush: Chubby 2 - Best
Cream: L'Occitane Cade - PIF from @todras
After shave: Mysrol Antisol, PAA - Malboge, Stay Whisker - After Balm

I broke out the L'Occitane Cade sample Todras sent me. Now, I prefer soaps, so it's been quite some time since I have used a cream so maybe I need to work on my technique.. just bear that in mind as you read;

Very good shave today, result wise. Felt great. The Cade has to me, no scent really... I am guessing that is because it doesn't have an fragrance added due to being for sensitive skin? Scent for me is a big part of the shave so was a bit bummed out from the start since it's just some mushy odour of the raw ingredients. On that I did not find a list of ingredients on the web site so I cannot comment on what is actually in there. The smell is not strong so I could ignore it an move on. Lather was thin, but protective, non-drying and a small amount (the usual almond size) gave enough with spares for three passes. Slickness was good and residual glide was above average. Resultant shave was very good although I felt my face was dryer than usual and I had to add some Stay Whisker After Balm before I left the house. This is not normally required.

So, a good product, but nothing to rave about for me since I prefer a good scent and a good dense voluminous lather. I was left with little to no irritation so in that sense... it does work and would be great for those with issues here.

I have quite a bit left in the sample, so if anyone would like to try it out, PM me and I will be happy to PIF to you.

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Beehive Black Synth
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougere
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5)
Blade: Polsilver Stainless(3)
AS: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

What a top shave. The MdC hadn't been used in a while and created lots of excellent protective, slick lather. This black synth brush is really impressive.
The Rocky was a champion again and (for me) on 5 it gives a stunning BBS.

Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Wolfwhiskers Envy White Supreme
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Razor: HG Razor Custom kamisori
Post: alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Ogallala Lime and Peppercorn

Great lather from Mike's today. Been a super long day at work, by the time I got home, I just wanted a comfortable and luxurious lather to pamper me. Getting better with the kamisori, just needed some more skill for under chin.

00X7dmb.jpg

SOTN (5/10/2016)

Pre: Hot shower/Clinique Face Soap/Proraso Sandalwood Pre Shave Cream
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Sharp Edge Yellow Pack (4th use)
Brush: Semogue 610
Soap/Cream: Proraso Red
AS: Thayer’s Lemon/Proraso Sandalwood AS
Balm: Proraso Sandalwood Pre Shave Cream
Fragrance: Tabac Original EDT

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on 'Bren' SS Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson H2 Boar
Soap/Cream: D R Harris Marlborough Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Stirling Sharp Dressed Man

Nice 'hump-day' shave (although is it really hump day after a long weekend?) with the NEW/Bren/Wilkie combo still going strong. The vintage Simmo boar is soap but whips up a great lather from the under appreciated D R Harris (must get the matching A/S).

The Sharp Dressed Man is totally inappropriate for today as I'm doing some cleaning in the office so are in casual gear, should have thought it that, but the scent is great and my wife loves it - always a good start to the day!

Status
Not open for further replies.