Brush: Simpsons M7
Razor: EJ89
Blade: Wilkinson Super Sword
Soap: P&B Denali
A/S: Ach Brito Lavanda +444

Sword: Ever-Ready 1924 / Schick I-Type
Suds: Palmolive / Nivea Cream / Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aspen

Real combination of items in tonight's shave. I changed razors after the first pass for variety and I went with a nice smelling superlather.

Finished off with some Aspen from @boldsworth - underrated stuff for sure!

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Envy White 26mm
Soap: B&M 42
Razor: iKon X3
Blade: Polsilver Stainless(2)
AS: Floid Suave

A really easy BBS. The 42 is a thirsty soap and created a super slick lather. Lather shots here. I have the iKon X3 on BST but it seems that no-one is interested. After this shave I think I will pull it. It is very similar to the DLC Slant (which I prefer) although a tad less aggressive, but still gave an outrageously good shave. It'll make me a nice travel razor.
Ive only tried a few slants - TBH I wasn't that impressed. Have a classic Hoffritz (old Merkur) slant and have recently ordered the bakelite slant from PAA. Apparently a lot of people feel they work because the twist of the blade gives it extra stiffness compared to regular DE razor - more like a SE blade. What do you think @Psmith ?

Sword: Ever-Ready 1924 / Schick I-Type
Suds: Palmolive / Nivea Cream / Omega S
Salve: Dickinson's Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aspen

Real combination of items in tonight's shave. I changed razors after the first pass for variety and I went with a nice smelling superlather.

Finished off with some Aspen from @boldsworth - underrated stuff for sure!
Good to see some SE use on the SOTD!!! The 1924 is a classy looking SE razor...any pics???:)

Nice choice of Spring soap and aftershave @Nightguard !
What do you think of the Whispers from the Woods soaps? I know the area around Black Springs where the WFTW comes from and would love to support a local artisan if the soaps are worthwhile adding to the collection.
Good stuff. Very good, the scent on this particular soap isn't really to my liking but the lather and all round performance is great.

Good stuff. Very good, the scent on this particular soap isn't really to my liking but the lather and all round performance is great.
Ok thanks - sounds positive! Might try some of the other scents.

Pre: Top Seven emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac 2 Band
Soap: B&M Vetyver Santal
Razor: HG Razor Custom kamisori
Post: alum, Stirling Vetiver Witch Hazel, Eufros Jabonman Vetiver Haiti

Lather held up okay today, not the best but it's good enough. Might try loading more tomorrow again. Will try a different brush tomorrow. Overall, pleasurable shave tonight, still getting used to shaving the under chin area.

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on 'Bren' SS Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Klars Shaving Soap
Aftershave: Mysrol Metisol

Ahhh, Klars :)

Nice start to another rubbish looking day weather wise!

Pre-Shave: Shower
Razor: Maggard Razors MR1 with V2 Open Comb
Blade: Polsilver SI (2)
Soap/Cream: Occams Crushed Lime Shave Cream
Brush: Mühle Silvertip Fibre V2.0
ASB: The Stray Whisker After Balm
Cologne: Davidoff Cool Water
Post-Routine: hot rinse, alum, cold rinse, balm, cologne

First shave in three days after the long weekend. Polsilver in open comb and Occams did a great job. The shave itself was a but rough on the first two passes, but once everything was over I got smooth skin and almost no irritation. A bit of balm and cologne finished the job.

SOTD
EJ DE89
Lavanda Shave Cream
Semogue 1305
The Lavanda was easy to lather about 20c circle mixed heaps of lather this is where it started to go downhill slickness was poor found it very dry under foot of the top of the lather on passes required moisture to top up to avoid tugging on passes post shave feel average. The EJ DE89 with a Vodskhod Blade did a good job.
crc9fCM.jpg

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on 'Bren' SS Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkie (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: SH - Spiced Mahogany
Aftershave: AoS Sandalwood Gel

Weird choices and combination of software this morning, must be the sudden change in the weather prompting this! Lovely day yesterday and horrible today :(

Good weather to head into the office for some law assignment work ...
That Bren handle is so tempting!

Status
Not open for further replies.