l5kYJdz.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Simpson Chubby 1 SB
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Stirling Piacenza Shave Soap
Stirling Piacenza Aftershave Balm
Stirling Piacenza Aftershave Splash

Up bright and early for what promises to be another very busy Friday in the lead up to Christmas, was definitely feeling the Amalfi vibe - citrus, rosemary, clarysage and the stirling delivered. Nice and quick to lather, plenty of protection and a great post shave feel. Rounded up with the usual balm then splash prior to jumping in the car for a nice solid hour of peak hour morning traffic.

Enjoy your day you blokes :)

98dc7d1d-a62a-4e7c-9152-96267cb3d861_zpsydql29qf.jpg

Feather AC DX + Feather Pro blade (6)
Lea Stick
Omega 80266
Witch Hazel, Bulldog ASB

Another 1 pass WTG CCS/DFS. I am starting to miss my BBS shaves but these last couple of shaves have been wonderful for my skin - it's as if I haven't been shaving at all! Very impressed with this little soap - either that or my lathering technique is just improving a lot. It held onto an awful lot of water... it just wouldn't break down. It smelled like soap, which I like and post shave feel was great with the lanolin I suspect. Every time I use my Proraso brush I think about getting another one so I can just rotate with the same brush but then I use this one and start thinking the same thing. These boars seem to be the perfect brush for me but I guess I'm going to have to try a badger if I am going to be able to confirm that...

Pre: Nil
Blade: Kirkuboshi 6/8 Full, Square
Brush: T's Turnings "The Joker" handle with 20mm New Forest 3band badger
Soap: Mystic Waters - Spearmint and Eucaliptus
Splash: Barristers Reserve - Cool

3cm long nick on my left cheek today! Still not sure how it happened other than a skin fold in front of the blade... but I'm still not sure how it happened!

Doesn't matter; Pain heals, Chic's dig scars, and glory lasts for ever.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 25 November 2016

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - iKon X3 Slant with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #4
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Clubman Pinaud Aftershave Lotion.......Didn't realized this Clubman gives me a bloody good sting, love the smell of Barbershop

843791483676545b4f8fc196d074544c.gif

Weber PH
Polsilver SI
Doug Korn "Soldier" with Envy White
Stirling Bay Rum

Trying to improve my photo game but not sure that I am doing very well :(. On a positive note another excellent shave. The Envy White knot is everything it is cracked up to be and puches well above it's weight. Last run with the Weber for a little while and it is an outstanding razor and has definitely made it's way in to my top 5 with ease.

37HiHkz.jpg

Weber PH
Polsilver SI
Doug Korn "Soldier" with Envy White
Stirling Bay Rum

Trying to improve my photo game but not sure that I am doing very well :(. On a positive note another excellent shave. The Envy White knot is everything it is cracked up to be and puches well above it's weight. Last run with the Weber for a little while and it is an outstanding razor and has definitely made it's way in to my top 5 with ease.

37HiHkz.jpg
Beautiful picture and setup @nsavage (y)

Cut myself tonight - not shaving but honing a razor after the shave. Wiped the blade with a piece of tissue and well you can guess the rest. My cardiologist will be happy to know my blood thinners definitely work.

Tonight's shave was reasonable. I grabbed an ebay special from awhile back that I didn't get on with and discovered to my dismay the feeling was still the same. The blade shaved well but felt more like a file than a straight razor. 2 pass and a good DFS+ and a solid splash of witch hazel didn't induce a "home alone face". No irritation at all actually, so I will put it all down to operator error.
Boar brush
Home brew soap
6/8" Unknown straight razor
Witch hazel [as punishment]
Macadamia nut oil/lemon myrtle

Cut myself tonight - not shaving but honing a razor after the shave. Wiped the blade with a piece of tissue and well you can guess the rest. My cardiologist will be happy to know my blood thinners definitely work.

Tonight's shave was reasonable. I grabbed an ebay special from awhile back that I didn't get on with and discovered to my dismay the feeling was still the same. The blade shaved well but felt more like a file than a straight razor. 2 pass and a good DFS+ and a solid splash of witch hazel didn't induce a "home alone face". No irritation at all actually, so I will put it all down to operator error.
Boar brush
Home brew soap
6/8" Unknown straight razor
Witch hazel [as punishment]
Macadamia nut oil/lemon myrtle

@bald as - I know the feeling, mate. Just when you relax and lift your guard when removing the burr for the last time, the familiar sting.....

c4a18d03e17bcf576e4baf2d1ba3f36b.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Lime Oil soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Razor Master Toivo
Razor: ATT Kronos Open Comb M2
Blade: Vintage English Wilkie Supersword (4)
A/S: B&M Reserve Cool

3 day growth - 3 pass DFS+.
The Toivo soap is very kind to the skin - makes sense, as Pine Tar has long been used medicinally for skin problems.
The B&M Reserve Cool is probably my favourite of the three variants - the menthol kick is spot on for my tastes.

For me, they feel similar to a Polsilver SI. Maybe a little less sharp. I've only used one blade so far though, and only for 4 shaves so it's early days still.

@Normie keep me posted on Permasharp Super with the X3 (y) I've only had 4 shaves with the GSB on the X3 the blade is already in the disposable tin can

Status
Not open for further replies.