Not open for further replies.
282556989b3b718e6ed0d7d0454eac41.jpg

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Thater 4125/2 2 Band
Soap: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Razor: ATT S1
Blade: PSI
Post:alum, witch hazel, TSW After Balm, Stirling Ozark Mountain splash

Nailed it. Brush does need a lot more loading. Rewarded with a thick slick protective coat of lather. Mike's natural soaps are definitely in the line up of my top soaps. @Korbz, get the Thater. I love the size and the shape of the bulb. On top of that, the back bone, density, softness of tips, and handle heft is just right. You will not be disappointed. I'll write up again when I use the brush for a good few times. Surely is a very well made brush.

Y7DxxsQ.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Above the Tie Colossus R1
Feather
Barrister & Mann Cheshire
Australian Private Reserve sachet dé thé après-rasage baume
Australian Private Reserve sachet dé thé après-rasage

I had big plans to wake up and break out the Eufros Fougère and choix Alfredus but it turns out I had sold it all and had none bottled up (using the 1 liter decanting bottles would be too risky in the bathroom) - that's right, I bloody pork-chopped myself on my own birthday :LOL:

Needs must, I decided that I would go with the incorrectly labeled Tea Bag because there is nothing like a bit of tea bagging first thing in the morning using your own aftershave that has a typographical error on the label. Fantastic shave and scent from the Cheshire and I am well chuffed with the exactness of the tea-bag scent, it is almost perfectly aligned to the Cheshire which was my intention - it's earl grey in a bottle. A really relaxed two passes, laughing at the fact I had run out of my own aftershave and had made a spelling mistake on my own label (sachet tha not sachet a the) an overall a very pleasing and bloody funny morning shave.

Have a good one youse blokes (y)

Firstly, Happy Birthday Todras!

2094f432e82e031c3e9d0acfa3b4b855.jpg

Did one pass with the kami, one with the straight and finished with the Rockwell. Kami was interesting and didn't feel quite as keener edge as the constant. The constant was a very comfortable pass. I did get myself on the left cheek, didn't have the razor moving and ended up resting it on the top of my cheek which was silly. Really minor though.

Happy Friday everyone.

Y7DxxsQ.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Feather

I had big plans to wake up and break out the Eufros Fougère and choix Alfredus but it turns out I had sold it all and had none bottled up (using the 1 liter decanting bottles would be too risky in the bathroom) - that's right, I bloody pork-chopped myself on my own birthday :LOL:

Needs must, I decided that I would go with the incorrectly labeled Tea Bag because there is nothing like a bit of tea bagging first thing in the morning using your own aftershave that has a typographical error on the label. Fantastic shave and scent from the Cheshire and I am well chuffed with the exactness of the tea-bag scent, it is almost perfectly aligned to the Cheshire which was my intention - it's earl grey in a bottle. A really relaxed two passes, laughing at the fact I had run out of my own aftershave and had made a spelling mistake on my own label (sachet tha not sachet a the) an overall a very pleasing and bloody funny morning shave.

Happy Birthday @todras Have a great day mate !!

Y7DxxsQ.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Feather

Happy Birthday @todras - great shave to start the day - even if you ran out of your own aftershave ! Hope you have an awesome day mate [emoji513]

Last edited by a moderator:
Y7DxxsQ.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Feather

Happy birthday @todras - glad you had a great shave and wishing you all the best my friend (y)

20161209_SOTD_S_Kaleid_zpstxkcdvwk.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman SB-P WRH2 Stainless
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Paste & Cut LE Protoype Platypus
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

What a beautiful shave - just enjoyable with some fantastic lather (picture here) to play around!

I hope you all have a great end to the week and are ready for PLATYPUS :D :D :D

Razor: Vintage EverReady British 'E' bar SE
Blade: GEM SE blade (6)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Mike's Natural Shaving Soap - Barbershop
Aftershave: APR - White Tea & Ginger (splash)

Great shave with a lovely finish. Thoughts, as they are, about the aftershave here - Australian Private Reserve - Review Thread

Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

What a beautiful shave - just enjoyable with some fantastic lather (picture here) to play around!

Ahhh, the Playtpus.

With a handle design based around the Zumwalt class US destroyers -

300px-Future_USS_Zumwalt%27s_first_underway_at_sea.jpg

the Playtpus is a state of the art shaving platform.

Just be aware of the venomous spur on the male handles - which can cause considerable distress.

Y7DxxsQ.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Feather

Happy Birthday @todras - and it's a Friday, so no excuses for a big celebration!

That is one impressive hunk of stainless steel.

Y7DxxsQ.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Doug Korn D7 TGN Finest
Feather

Happy birthday to a true scholar and,

and,

and,

bloke ...

[doesn't have the same ring really]

999b933ec17e26a8fe5797c82b606a3c.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Antesol and Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Soap: Jabonman Rosa Bourbon
Razor: ATT Kronos open comb M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Spoiler (3)
Balm: Jabonman Rosa Bourbon

My bathroom is enveloped in the intoxicating scent of Jabonman Rosa Bourbon.
The lather formed quickly, but I didn't quite get the consistency right, resulting in a slightly runny lather. A very close three pass shave, but with a wee bit of razor burn.
I continue to be impressed with the efficiency of this razor/blade combo.
Finished with the matching Rosa Bourbon balm, which feels great and has a beautiful scent with good longevity.

Status
Not open for further replies.