SDM my favorite. The AS is also killer.

5oywSxT.jpg

Doug Korn D7 TGN
Above the Tie R1 Colossus
Feather
Mystic Water Irish Traveler
Australian Private Reserve suitably attired Australian Baume
Australian Private Reserve suitably attired Australian après-rasage

Getting over the mid week hump after a very late night stuck at the office, always a pleasure to shave with Mystic and this morning was no different. A lovely couple of passes, a nice rinse off then on with my balm and splash that sit perfectly with the soap.

Shave well cobbers, have a great day :)

If you had to do it again would you buy the S-1? Can you compare to the C37?
Hello there fellow slant user(or soon to be)

I haven't used the C37 so I won't be able to provide meaningful comparison.

However, with the S1, it's my favourite slant head. Price sure is a little steep. I'll keep it brief and list dot points on what I love about it.

1) stainless steel. Very solid feel.
2) tolerance is tight. Grips the blade well, no room to move. Translates to a very solid shave feel. It's as if the blade and razor head becomes one piece.
3) effective but doesn't bite. I feel safe shaving with it after a couple of steins of beers from the German tavern. That's a good sign right?

I also have an X3 and an iKon Slant.
Order of preference would be *drum rolls*

S1 > iKon Slant > iKon X3

0dd5c9b1d841f2a9b2c0b7d055bc4ad6.jpg

So I still have both ears and all my blood. Good start. My angle was all over the place and could feel scraping, thankfully the keen edge meant no tugging. Did 2 passes which weren't close, but happy to be building the muscle memory and technique.

I just ordered a tub of GEA and the balm this morning after trying Manuels sample!

The other thing I mentioned in relation to the GEA is coming along very well too, I will be in touch soon about that ;)

2 pass with 5/8" Magnetic Platypus straight. @Sxot I think you have one of these blades? Very good blade with a very keen edge.
Scuttle lather using my Semogue 2000 Boar. The big Boar knots in a scuttle make a major amount of lather.
Finished off with the Macadamia/Lemon Myrtle oil mix.

Yes I do. A gift from my mum!

not_yet.jpeg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: P&C LE Protoype Platypus
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Pre Shave: - Myrsol Emulsion
Razor: - .303 shavette
Blade: - Feather (probably should change it soon)
Brush: - STM 25mm synth
Soap/Cream: - SH 1st Anniversary
Post Shave: - 1) Myrosl Metilsol 2) STM balm

Reflecting on this years shaving, my shave has come leaps & bounds! Found some great products I really like, enjoy and that work for me. Discovered the difference face lathering makes! I now find I'm happy with my shaves 95% of the time, I very rarely get to the end of a shave and say to myself "well that was average"

Last edited by a moderator:
Rockwell 6s
Voskhod
Rudy Vey Shavemac
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "Clubguy" Combo

There is nothing I can say about the Rockwell 6s that has not already been said. Using the 4th plate and you could not ask for a razor that feels so mild and smooth on the face but is at the same time so efficient. I feel like I can be really carefree with this razor and still achieve a fantastically close BBS shave with absolutely no irritation or feedback from the alum. The PAA soap really did produce an awesome lather today which I followed up with the matching splash. What a great start to the day :).

fgahuMv.jpg

Good to know @nsavage about the Rockwell 6S mine is due to arrive tomorrow :) think I might post a before and after shot !! that is if I still have a face left ;)
Start yourself off on plate 3 and take it nice and easy @Tony Forsyth. The razor has a fair amount of heft to it so just remember to let the razor do the work for you, no pressure required. You will love it mate. Very much looking forward to some before and after shots as well!

Soap: Mystic Waters "Coconut" sample
Brush: TSW Synth
Razor/Blade : Rockwell 6S plate #5 with new Permasharp Super

My first use of a Mystic Waters soap - I am very impressed! I usually keep samples for travelling but received about 8 samples when I ordered from MW recently - so gave the coconut a try. Easy to whip up a rich creamy protective layer of coconut flavoured goodness. Fairly mild, pleasant coconut scent, not sure if being a sample affected this. No residual slickness once washed off the face. I was worried would smell like Malibu or Reef Oil but no problems there. Really looking forward to trying the other MW soaps I have now.

Super smooth shave with the new Permasharp in the Rocky.

Good splash of Vigoroso with the menthol kicker and I'm ready for whatever this day can dish up.

Enjoy your shaves and your day Champions (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.