Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (8)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in pure
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap - Spitfire
Aftershave Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Inspired by @Snooze I hit the Special Reserve today.

While it has some of the Pinaud complexity it certainty would not be making claims about the benefits to your skin etc that some other products do. Mind you, it was only $US8.29 (plus tax) according to the Pasteur Pharmcy price ticket on it. A splash I think I will always have in the drawer.

The Squadron Soap I'm really enjoying @SchoolForAnts. Great lather and nice scent to it (although now overwhelmed by the Special Reserve!). We could do a lot worse than having a policy of Aussie only shaving products (y)

I do love the old 'Special Reserve' - its a true classic scent from a time when men were men... a la 'Don Draper' ;);)

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Atlas & Voskhod (6)
Brush: TF Custom "Rainbow Falls" 24mm 2 Band Finest.
Soap: Crown King "The Kiss"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Witch Hazel.
Aftershave/Cologne: Crown King "The Kiss"

One very sweet Sunday afternoon 3 pass shave after a hard weekend working out in the gardens all weekend. Time to put the feet up and enjoy the rest of the night.
Cheers
Tony
cX3C4mS.jpg
I also have this soap+splash. It's sweeter than my usual stock. But I love it and it's one of my wife's favourites.
Nice.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (9)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven - Spiced Mahogany
Aftershave Splash: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

It was another Special Reserve day today here in Canberra so I was wondering what would prepare me for it - and saw the spiced mahogany. Delightful!

In all our excitement about Squadron Soap and Australian Private Reserve it is easy to forget just what a great soap Shaver Heaven was, and we hope will be again. Well done @Anthony (y)

Last edited:
D3FUgst.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Morris & Forndran 3XL
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Eufros Violetas
Chatillon Lux Champs de Lavande Salve
Australian Private Reserve Lavande Violette Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

A cool change, plunging us into Autumn proper. Just ideal for Violets and Lavender. A fantastic shave this morning :)

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 10 April 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Ash Wood 24/55mm
Lather: - Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General" with The Stray Whisker "Howitzer" Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild Blade #1
Post Shave: - Speick Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: - L`Occitane Eau des Baux EDT

:jawdrop: WOW!! I really love the feel of the Colonial Razors "The General" I had the aluminum head came in the mail last Friday, and this baby really shave completely different and very smooth on my skin when I attached the TSW "Howitzer" handle for some extra weight because the head is very light. This is my very first SE razor into my collection and I'm looking forward to used this for a while to see how long the Kai Captain Titan Mild blade will last me before reaching another blade, I must say I'm really impressed with the shave very smooth not a single nicks & cuts anywhere also 100% irritation free shave (y):happy:

Last edited:
All being well tonight is the night :) I think it is 6 or 7 days [maybe a day or two more] since I last took straight to face. A change of medication basically manifested as the face of a 16 year old and is just starting to settle down. Now at my age there are many valid reasons to shave daily, least of which is the horror on the faces of family members as I stagger around the house looking like an escapee from intensive care. A salt and pepper beard adds 20 years at least to the current age. And to think I grew a beard for a while when I was younger. Grey is definitely not the new black.
I have my Russian straight, my boar and my soap ready to go.
Steve

I know just the guy. He does contract work for us. I have thought about designing a razor before as I have the means. Problem will be the cost...
Cost, cost, cost... Always the first point :-(

Can he do it to Wolfman tolerances incl the fit and finish? Can he do it with different metals incl Al, SS and Ti? Is he prepared to do prototypes until the head geometry is perfect? Those are the real issues.

Cost, cost, cost... Always the first point :-(

Can he do it to Wolfman tolerances incl the fit and finish? Can he do it with different metals incl Al, SS and Ti? Is he prepared to do prototypes until the head geometry is perfect? Those are the real issues.

I'm buying one @Sxot :)

I know just the guy. He does contract work for us. I have thought about designing a razor before as I have the means. Problem will be the cost...
I like one along the lines of the "charcoal razors" April fool razor - looked so good (too good to be true as it happened)

Status
Not open for further replies.