Not open for further replies.
Full_Size_Render.jpg

• Pre-Shave: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
  • Soap: Barrister & Mann Petrichor
  • Brush: Shavemac D01 2 Band Extreme Flat Top 23/46
  • Strop: Kanayama
  • Razor: Herder 77
  • Post-Shave: Alum, B&M Cool Reserve
This blade bites me every time (probably to do with the square tip) but in return I was given the closest shave yet with a straight. The Petrichor scent is growing on me (I think I preferred Chiseled Face Summer Storm more for scent, this seems a little sweet) and the performance is top notch.

PqSud3Z.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Australian Private Reserve Fougere Bourbon Rose
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Took off the top part of my left hand's ring finger with a peeler...so every contact - even with water - hurts like hell. On top of that, it is my dominant hand, so today was a very interesting shave experience. Every water rinse etc. had to be delivered by my right hand - this caused a larger than usual flooding in my shave billabong :D At least I could use the razor with both hands (as I always do) - so the shave itself was actually quiet lovely. The Australian Private Reserve produced a spectacular lather (picture here) - as expected and has a lovely floral scent - the BBS-1 paired with a Voskhod is such a smooth, yet supper efficient and close shaver and the end result was a silky smooth and very happy face! I hope you enjoy your shaves (y)

@Korbz how you're Timeless going and are you getting there enjoying it? have you found your magic DE blade that work with your Timeless or are you going to give up soon.
Rapira Chrome and Astra went alright (Rapira best so far). Permasharp today was rough. Will use Tony's R1 the next couple of days for my comparison review, and if they go well will consider next steps. Will probably try again with Rapira Chrome for a few days though, as happy to buy a few hundred of them if they work. It does give super close shaves, just easy to take off layers of skin for me lol...

Considering the Parker Variant atm since it has become available on our shores.

@Korbz I got mine in US when it got sold out very fast in Australia and I'm not going to sell my Parker Variant Adjustable, I'm choosing the Colonial Razors "The General" as my go razor which I'm unable to give up because I keep on grabbing "The General" when I need a shave. I believe this so call voodoo curse as the Colonial Razors "The General" has got me real bad which I'm unable to break this voodoo spell, even the "All Seeing Eye" can't even break this Colonial Razors voodoo spell as I am now totally trap to the Colonial Razors "The General" :arghh:.............What have I DONE!!!! :confused: because "The General" is a FANTASTIC razor :eek:

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (8)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Spitfire
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve - Un côtelette de porc

Same set up as last Thursday - spooky!

Lovely shave though!

l8Edtvq.jpg

Occams Crushed Lime Pre
Hoffritz 103
Timeless
Feather
Eufros GEA
Eufros GEA Aftershave Balm
Australian Private Reserve The Mail Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve The Mail EDP

A pleasing fragrance, a very enjoyable shave :)

@Korbz I'll reckon the Colonial Razors "The General" SE is going to blow your Timeless razor sky high and good bye very soon :smuggrin::smug: when you'll received your General soon.

A highly doubtful, borderline ridiculous statement.

The materials, level of skill employed in machining and the tolerance in Timeless razors way surpasses a $30 SE made of aluminum and always will. The General is another budget player at an already burgeoning price point. It may be a decent SE, but it is in another class altogether than the hand made stainless pieces and it joins the massive class of sub $50 budget players.

Timeless razors, along with Wolfman and ATT represent a level of tolerance and craftsmanship you will only ever see in a hand turned, stainless steel piece. There is a very good reason that these razors cost substantially more than cheaper razors.

SOTD_zpsrfxldips.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: APR General Ledger
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (2)
Splash: APR General Ledger

Cracking shave this morning. The lather and scent of the APR soap was exemplary, and the Super Silver blade was buttery smooth yet very sharp.
Was at DFS in two passes; 3 passes and a clean-up resulted in a BBS result. Excellent post shave feel.

Q069HBU.jpg

Pre: Hot Spa
Brush: M&F 2XL Finest
Soap: B&M Rhapsody
Razor: MMCP
Blade: GEM Coated

I really want to get a great shave from this razor. I really do. I really want to like it but I can't, I just don't. It's very rough, especially ATG and two passes are not even worth considering. Three passes today, DFS+, but rough like I say. I don't know if it's the blade I don't get along with (it's great in the 1912) or the razor. I'm thinking maybe it's too mild maybe. Really want to try the bullet tip or maybe just give up on them altogether. I'll stick to my 'throats but it's fun trying something different. Might try a new blade in the Flat Top Heavy. I can't actually remember how it shaved now.

Status
Not open for further replies.