Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very sensible way to get to know the art of the straight. Nice looking blade as well.

Steve
Thanks Steve - Im glad I got used to the shavette - learning curve not quite so steep.

Delta Echo Fatboy and some Ace

rSZZKal.jpg

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless & Voskhod (3)
Brush: TF Custom "ICE FUSION" 26mm HMW.
Soap: APR "Mycroft"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Alu Block, Witch Hazel.
Aftershave/Edp: APR "Mycroft"

Absolutely faultless shave tonight. Tonight's shave was after a few days of not shaving. Soap performed very well as expected and the Timeless made very short work of mowing the whiskers pretty much on the first pass. Loving the scent I still had to have my three pass shave with an awesome post shave feel from the APR Mycroft products which I am really liking and very much enjoying. Got to be happy with that ;)
Enjoy your night guy's and have a great weekend.
Cheers
Tony
azdfoxr.jpg

c980b91fac2a747855baeffe925ee710.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (3)
EDT: Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet

Super silver - super smooth shave.
I like to use the SOC boar to aggressively load from triple-milled soaps such as Penhaligon's.
I'm BBS and smell like Blenheim Bouquet - what's not to love?

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (9)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'M1'
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Spitfire
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve - Lavande violette

Shaves this good are banned in 147 countries globally I understand - poor them

Awesome line-up, Agent 66.

YEVz07.jpg

Pre-Shave
: Shower
Razor: ATT R1 Kronos
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Vintage blade courtesy of @Monsta_AU
Brush: Simpsons Chubby 2 Best
Lather: Shaver H(e)aven Drogon Noir courtesy of @borked
Post-shave: TSW After Balm
A great shave after the Meet Up. Was great to meet everyone. Bring on next month

Those Wilkie French Browns are superlative blades. @Monsta_AU and @Mark1966 brought them to my attention. Like you, I've also used them with an ATT Kronos (M2 and R2 open comb plates) - superb. And of course they are right at home in a Wilkinson Sword Sticky.

18056069_1533106693368430_8166363459053540595_o.jpg

Brush: Vie-Long Horse/badger
Soap: Squadron, Spitfire
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4.4.2)
Blade: Polsiver (3)

Nice relaxed Sunday shave
Great lather and scent from the Spitfire
I'm always impressed by the 6s. If there could be only one, "It's a kind of magic"

Have a great Sunday and a great shave

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (11)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: P&B Spitfire
Aftershave Splash: Pitralon 'Swiss'
Cologne: P&B Spitfire solid cologne

From one 'Spitfire' to the next! Changes planes does not harm the performance :)

Those Wilkie French Browns are superlative blades. @Monsta_AU and @Mark1966 brought them to my attention. Like you, I've also used them with an ATT Kronos (M2 and R2 open comb plates) - superb. And of course they are right at home in a Wilkinson Sword Sticky.
You're not wrong. It was exceptionally smooth for a first use blade. I'm curious to see how it goes for the next 10+ shaves.

WACVAv3.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Boots Manchurian
Timeless
Polsilver Brown 'Vinny'
Chatillon Lux + L&L Grooming Blackberry Blossom Bay
Chatillon Lux Blackberry Blossom Bay Salve
Chatillon Lux Blackberry Blossom Bay Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Bay City EDP

A shave ala Mr. 66's 'counter seasonal', the aftershave heavily mentholated, the salve cooling. Cracking lather from L&L, strewth that menthol woke me up!​

WACVAv3.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Boots Manchurian
Timeless
Polsilver Brown 'Vinny'
Chatillon Lux + L&L Grooming Blackberry Blossom Bay
Chatillon Lux Blackberry Blossom Bay Salve
Chatillon Lux Blackberry Blossom Bay Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Bay City EDP

A shave ala Mr. 66's 'counter seasonal', the aftershave heavily mentholated, the salve cooling. Cracking lather from L&L, strewth that menthol woke me up!​
Ooohhhh nice

This is fairly spot on as I had no intention of making yet another Bay Rum scent, and therefore you will not find any clove or rum in Bay City. What I did want to make was a Black and Red currant fragrance that rested on the finest West Indian Bay oil available, a fragrance that was ideal for autumn and winter. I wanted a scent that had longevity, that had lots of heavy, long lasting labdanum, benzoin and other balsams and that's really what Bay City is about - it works very well as a soap too I am happy to say.

It's definitely not one for kids, and certainly not one that smacks you in the face I made sure of that - I really wanted to avoid a face burner as the market is deluged with coarse, hard hitting face slapper's full of bay oil, rum and cinnamon and quite frankly most of them bore me - the exception being B&M Bay Rum as he uses no clove oil.

I will say it now, if you like hard hitting Bay Rum's that burn this will not be your fragrance. There are a bunch already on the market that do this and do this well. It's called Bay City as it contains Bay Oil and Sydney is a harbour/bay city.

@Snooze I would suggest using Bay City for a few days before deciding on it, there is a lot of nuance below the surface that will emerge during the dry down (10-20 mins after application). It's a very complex fragrance with a lot going on through the multiple accords, but it does have a really bright currant top of fruit and caramel notes.

Not for everyone, definitely for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.