fIAWOb6.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Paladin
Timeless
Feather
Eufros Rosas
Australian Private Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

A beautiful shave of roses, wonderful smoky notes from the Haitian Vetiver in Manuel's Fragrance :)

Last edited:
Shower
Feather AC DX non folding
Kai Guarded blade (5)
Lea Stick
Proraso brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

I noticed yesterday later on in the day that my BBS shaves had taken some skin off under close inspection. I blame a combination of getting too aggressive / slack ATG and the veggie soaps I have been using lately. So today was back to the good stuff and just 3 WTG / XTG passes for a DFS result. Very relaxing shave with an very good performing soap. More than enough soap for 4 lathers in a boar brush from one application of the stick...

My moral concern would be with the workers in the factories, I wonder how little they must be paid and under what conditions they work to produce this razor for so little. That might be true of many items that I happily consume so I have no right to the high ground.

While I'm sure there are some sweat shops around with people trapped into working in them, having spent some time in Chinese factories I believe most people are working there because it's better for them than what they could otherwise be doing, sad as it is to say. Generally speaking, if the factory wasn't an improvement over their other options, they wouldn't be working there...

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (10)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'M1'
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap 'Group Captain's Blend'
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' balm

Glorious way to end the [formal] working week!

I can see the 'ring of death' very clearly at the bottom of this soap - it is not long for this world. Another amazing Squadron Soap from @SchoolForAnts - can't wait for the new packaging so I can justify buying more!

It's slowly being rolled out @Mark1966 - as my existing stock in the tins are sold out, I'm replacing it with the new tubs.

While I'm sure there are some sweat shops around with people trapped into working in them, having spent some time in Chinese factories I believe most people are working there because it's better for them than what they could otherwise be doing, sad as it is to say. Generally speaking, if the factory wasn't an improvement over their other options, they wouldn't be working there...

It must have been very interesting to see China and their factories. I hope you're right and purchasing these items alleviates rather than adds to peoples woes.

UYhektJ.jpg

A couple of old friends. The Bengal is from about 1905!

Pre: Nil
Brush: Simpsons #5
Soap: APR - Winterfall
Strop: DIY Roo
Razor: Bengal 7/8

I used to hate floppy badgers but this one I love. It is sooooo soft and sure, has no backbone but I guess experience now allows me to lather with it just as easily as with my other, much larger, stiffer brushes. No scrub-ability here, just soft as a cloud. Lather is still top notch as seen here.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 19 May 2017

Brush: - Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Fan Manchurian White
Cream/Soap: - Palmolive Classic Shave Stick (European version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" SE with iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #19
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Rose Petal' / Lucky Tiger Aftershave Lotion

A veritable smörgåsbord of shaving instruments tonight. I had 3 days growth so decided to pit the Ming Shi 2000 against my Schick Type G and my Bengall straight.
The blade exposure on the Ming Shi and 3 days growth meant with a DE blade there was a definite sense of blade "thinness". The razor head didn't clog with soap and whisker and the noise it made was so much like a full hollow straight. It is outstanding value.
The blade on the Schick "G" - a 70 year old razor - is so much more substantial with no perception of chatter. The Schick doesn't have a clogging problem either.
My Bengall was honed on my Japanese stone and was very keen, it doesn't seem to matter if it is 1 day or 10 days growth with a straight it basically feels the same.
I'm very impressed with the Ming Shi and I love the 100% consistency of the Schick but the result from the straight is a cut above all else.

Day 6, 4th P&C Travelling Box Shave.

Preshave:
Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: Timeless (0.68) & Voskhod (1)
Brush: TF Custom Synthetic.
Soap: Wickham "Imperial Tonic "
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold Water Splash, Witchhazel
Aftershave/Edp: None

A nice clean and very enjoyable shave tonight after dropping the Muhle out of my P&C Traveling Box shaves. 3 pass shave tonight as clean as a baby's bum and no irritation whatsoever :) Glad to have you back on the go Timeless ;)
Enjoy the rest of your night lads and have a great weekend.

Pb6wcPz.jpg

Wednesday, May 17
Brush: Omega Synthetic Hi-Brush
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Edwin Jagger Kelvin
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Lotion: Omega Alum Stick / Mennen Skin Bracer / Nivea Post Shave Balm / Pinaud Clubman Talc

Today's shave was killer bbs. The Edward Jagger Kelvin features the EJ89 head on a handle nearly identical to that of the 34 HD. It is a very smooth and efficient razor but is rarely used as it is a bit too small for my hand. I have also become unhappy with the very concept of the use of Zamak in a razor, believing it unsuitable for use in what ought to be a fine instrument. It is unlikely I will acquire another such razor.

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (11)
Brush: Shavemac 'Americana' DO1
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap 'Group Captain's Blend'
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' balm

Lovely start to the day, a day of contemplation of my second daughter's birthday (and @Maxime D. too it seems - happy birthday mate!) friends caring for their family and loved ones, and a full couple of weeks from tomorrow work wise.

Have a good weekend guys

18527228_1559822180696881_8542847275340428446_o.jpg

Brush: Simpsons, PJ2
Soap: B&M, Seville
Razor: Mingshi 2000
Blade: Mingshi, Super White
Post: APR, Jasmine & white tea, Ginger & White tea, Splash/balm

An enjoyable Saturday shave.
I've been saving the Simpsons for Saturday and Sundays, great brush and lovely lather with the B&M

Second use of the Mingshi and I thought I would try out the blade that came with it, since @RustyBlade was kind enough to include it. Still impressed with this razor, gives a good shave with no drama and adjusts well, it is perhaps a little slippery trying to adjust with soapy fingers, I nearly dropped it. The blade seemed sharp enough but not smooth. Started on #5 but a little too much with this blade so back to #4. Forgot to go to #2 for atg under the nose so a couple of weepers, I can't blame the razor or blade for that.
Finished off with the APR, so nice I just had to go and make a nice cup of tea after

Have a great Saturday and enjoy your shaves​

Soap: The Warden
Razor: aristocrat #15
Blade: Nacet (4)

Another fantastic shave, I have to say the floral notes in the Natio moisturiser work fantastically with the slightly lingering scent of this soap and it really boosts that post shave lanolin feel, awesome for fighting off that winter dryness.

lGx8vIK.jpg

Musgo Glyce
M&F L7
Timeless
Feather
L&L+Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère
L&L+Chatillon Lux TSMFougère Salve
L&L+Chatillon Lux TSMFougère Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve General Ledger EDP

All good on all fronts :)

Razor - Wolfman Guerrilla
Blade - Permasharp (1)
Soap - Eufros Gea
Brush - TF Black Synth custom
Post - Thayers & Gea Balm

Very nice weight and balance to the razor. The handle is short and fat, which is comfortable to hold, and is able to comfortably rest on the ring or pinky fingers when going round the face. Only the first use so not going to comment on performance much, but took to it much easier than the Timeless 95 or 68, with much less blade feel on xtg and atg passes, for only a slight sacrifice in efficiency (though angle may play a part here). Very happy with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.