Soap: P&B "Spitfire "
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold Water Splash, Witchhazel & TSW Balm
Aftershave/Edp: None

f3pT1Yp.jpg

Sick Day Shave
20170517_153111.jpg

Razor: Colonial General with Stray Whisker handle
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Soap: Soap Commander Vision (finishing sample)
Brush: TF Ash and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- Sick as a dog today so time for a feel good post. I love the punch in your face Aramis and I'm swimming in it. Can even smell it with my blocked nose. Going down the shop for milk and I will take my atmosphere with me.

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (9)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted in TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap 'Group Captain's Blend'
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' balm

Away for work yesterday, back to the Squadron Soap and APR goodness today!

Nice ;)

7CrTqVU.jpg

Occam's Pre
Simpson CH3 SB
Timeless
Feather
L&L Grooming DarkFall
L&L Grooming DarkFall Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Winterfell EDP

Deep brooding Agarwood, Amber, Benzoin & Spice from this weighty Autumn LE Seasonal, Bison goodness for two passes, we are on the precipice of Winter.

Pre-shave soap wash
Feather AC DX non folding
Kai Guarded blade (4)
GFT Rose Cream
Omega 80266
Re-lather and cold rinse

3 pass BBS today with touch ups. I loaded this cream with water in the tub and would have picked up a lot of product. Started with a lot of bubbles but ended up with something creamy but too dry and not particularly slick. When I added water on the face the bubbles started again and things got too thin. It was still a good shave when I left it on the creamier / drier side with decent protection and the lather rinsed off fine so it can't have been too bad. I just really wanted to get more water into it but wasn't able to. The brush was a dream (again).

Last edited:
Yeah, I was thinking about it, and both versions are still on top of all other soaps for me in performance. I find the scent strength on them to be great now, so would be in the same boat as you with the new ones I think (though @Sxot would no doubt like it :) ). Going to do an order for the tobacco and sandalwood I think.

Yup! No complaints on that front from the samples that @todras sent me.

bPuLe3J.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: The Colonial General Aluminium
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild (1)
Brush: Maseto 2-band Finest
Lather: Mystic Water The Brown Windsor
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

First outing with the aluminium Colonial and what a difference the weight alone makes from the heavy Rockwell. Very close shave, but also some weepers.

Another lather nirvana with the Mystic Water soap (picture here) - sadly this tub is now empty...but thankfully I just got 5 other pucks from them :D

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)(y)(y)

1CDE6D67-3B1D-4E32-9A1C-41432F81762D_zpstfsmv2p9.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glicerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus

Soap: Australian Private Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Super Sword (1)
Splash: Australian Private Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose

Only us wet shaver aficionados appreciate it, but sometimes you can have a shave that makes you glad to be alive.
I had one tonight.

After several shaves with the very aggressive ATT H2, I dialed it all the way back to the super-mild Wilkinson Sword Sticky (and yes, still using "old faithful", @Mark1966 ;). However, paired with a very sharp blade (cue a vintage Super Sword), and you still have a very efficient weapon. The Sticky is just so easy to use - you can glide it around with relative freedom, and if it were not for audio feedback, you'd wonder if you've forgotten to load a blade! Three very comfortable passes, and a decent clean-up thanks to the mildness of the razor and the residual slickness of the soap, and I was BBS.

But the star of the show was the soap. I'm not sure if @todras and @Sxot have tweaked the formulation, but it seemed even creamier and slicker than previous APR's. Great cushion, glide, and residual slickness. And the scent! WOW! @todras described it during early formulation as "A beautiful, dirty, deep winter Fougère accented by the smoky Réunion island Bourbon Rose." That just about nails it. I could wax lyrical about the complexity of this scent, but rather than bore you with technicalities, I'll simply state that this is the soap and aftershave that Tony Soprano would use before heading out in a tux to the annual Goodfellas Ball.

18491754_1558711597474606_1346874038269266637_o.jpg

Razor: Minshi 2000s
Blade: Gillette (spoiler)
Brush: Vie-Long Horse/Badger
Soap: Squadron Spitfire

Trying out the Minshi 2000s for the first time, with many thanks to @RustyBlade for his generosity.
Three passes and a nice close shave. Started on #3 but bumped it up to #4 as it was a little mild and it performed very well, down to #2 ATG under the nose. Although the head is large I managed to manoeuvre around my (large) nose, no problem. Pretty impressed, the fit and Finnish is very good, you would have to look pretty hard to find fault. Only time will tell how long they last. I don't know how they can manufacture and ship these for the price they do. Great value!
As to the morality of this clone, if the patent has long run out it may be time for Merkur to start innovating again. My moral concern would be with the workers in the factories, I wonder how little they must be paid and under what conditions they work to produce this razor for so little. That might be true of many items that I happily consume so I have no right to the high ground.

Have a great Friday, the weekend's nearly here!

No picture I'm sorry
Eclipse Red Ring
Gillette Nacet (3)
Squadron Soap-The Warden
Natio Facial moisturiser

I saved up a couple days of growth for this shave and let me say, the soap is excellent :)

Razor: Vintage British Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage Australian Gillette Super Stainless [aka "Aussie Spoiler"] (10)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'M1'
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap 'Group Captain's Blend'
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve 'Un côtelette de porc' balm

Glorious way to end the [formal] working week!

I can see the 'ring of death' very clearly at the bottom of this soap - it is not long for this world. Another amazing Squadron Soap from @SchoolForAnts - can't wait for the new packaging so I can justify buying more!

Status
Not open for further replies.