Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
18673267_1566876616658104_8012033092431826286_o.jpg

Brush: Simpsons, Persian Jar
Soap: Dr Jon's, Savannah Sunrise
Razor: Eveready, 1912
Blade: Gem SS

Having used the 1924 all week I went back to a 1912 (new brass version) for comparison. Fantastic performer, definitely less aggressive than the 1924 but smooth efficient and assured. Which is better? I couldn't say, both great, both efficient, depends on what you like and how you feel on the day.
The Dr Jon's lather is ok but not excellent, scent pleasant enough, the splash seems to give a slow burn rather than the quick sting I like in a splash.

Have a great day. Enjoy your shave.

My first injector shave. It's a very gentle beast but in three passes I had a BBS without even being close to a nick or weeper. A lovely experience.

The Schick is such a wonderful razor. I can also recommend the type G.

The Guerrilla and I are getting now very well along

Great to hear and the images are continuing at a very high standard.

Having used the 1924 all week I went back to a 1912 (new brass version) for comparison. Fantastic performer, definitely less aggressive than the 1924 but smooth efficient and assured.

it is so nice to have the choice in your rotation, the 1914 is another excellent shave.

it is so nice to have the choice in your rotation, the 1914 is another excellent shave.

Indeed, I'm enjoying the variety and comparisons. I have been looking out for the 1914 and waiting for the right one to come along. I believe you suggested in a post somewhere it was more aggressive than the 1924, which should be fun to try.

Razor: red ring
Blade: Aussie spoiler
Soap: the Warden
Brush: silver tip badger

These Aussie spoilers are a nice blade, shame they are no longer available, fortunately Nacet are a tad better IMHO.
Nice shave, clean and close.

fYBax6j.jpg

Occam's Pre
Paladin PK-47
Mergress XL
Feather
Australian Private Reserve Bay City
Australian Private Reserve Bay City Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Bay City EDP

Bay City...in the mountains, two passes, wonderful :)

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade(s): Polsilver (1)
Brush: Simpsons Super Chubby 2
Soap/Cream: APR Mycroft

What a difference one day and a blade change can make!

Started on 3 just in case, but soon moved to 5. I think 4 may be a go to based on the results of 3 and 5.

Smoothest / nicest ever shave I have had so far with DE Razors even with the damage from yesterday!

fYBax6j.jpg

Occam's Pre
Paladin PK-47
Mergress XL
Feather
Australian Private Reserve Bay City
Australian Private Reserve Bay City Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Bay City EDP

Bay City...in the mountains, two passes, wonderful :)
Have to say your bay city range has my interest.. might have to partake

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Shavemac D01 2 Band Fan
Soap: B&M Cologne Russe
Razor: Hamburg Ring 6/8"
Strop: SRD Latigo
Post-shave: B&M Cool Reserve A/S Splash

Delightful Saturday morning. Long run at dawn, cup of tea and a great shave listening to Radio 4's The News Quiz.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 27 May 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Cream/Soap: - Wholly Kaw - Fougère Bouquet Special Edition (tallow) 3x
m0620.gif

Razor: - Colonial Razors "The General Alum. Head" with iKon Bulldog Handle
m0620.gif

Blade: - Kai Captain Titan Mild (Pink) #23
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Lavender' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm

Pre: Kings of Shaves pre-shave oil (found some from God knows how long ago)
Brush: TF Black Synth 26mm
Soap: TTFC Angel's Share
Razor: Merkur Progress (#3)
Blade: Rapira Chrome (4)
Post-shave: Thayers, Myrsol Plastic

Haven't used this preshave in a loooong time. Thought I'd give it a go today, and had a really great shave. Not sure if it was just the extra time you get on the weekend, the stars aligned, or if it was the oil. Either way, will give it more of a go and see how things pan out.

Pre: Kings of Shaves pre-shave oil (found some from God knows how long ago)
Brush: TF Black Synth 26mm
Soap: TTFC Angel's Share
Razor: Merkur Progress (#3)
Blade: Rapira Chrome (4)
Post-shave: Thayers, Myrsol Plastic

Haven't used this preshave in a loooong time. Thought I'd give it a go today, and had a really great shave. Not sure if it was just the extra time you get on the weekend, the stars aligned, or if it was the oil. Either way, will give it more of a go and see how things pan out.

Glad you tried it korbz! I couldn't find it but a conversation a few years ago sung the virtues of a little oil before the lather

Just Like Me / They Long To Be / Clove To Yooooou Shave
20170527_185109.jpg

Razor: Colonial General with Stray Whisker Handle
Blade: Feather Pro (6)
Soap: OSP Bay Rum (first use)
Brush: TF Ash and Gold Synthetic

Thoughts...
- The Colonial General head, which cost me $25USD is the best razor for me by far. I have a better than DFS after two passes and then BBS on three everywhere. No pickups if the soap is good and I'm on my game. And the hair doesn't grow back quickly. This thing is a beast of efficiency and reminds me of the Futur on a high setting. But with far less weepers. And with the ability to actually shave near your nose. I almost pulled the trigger on a brass one today but looking at all the machine marks I decided not to. How much better than this head can it be??? I also think Colonial have made a MASSIVE mistake moving away from the bargain basement aluminium model because I think this could be the default for many, many shavers. I cannot praise this razor enough.
- OSP Bay Rum is a nice clovey Bay Rum and that counts it out for lots of people. I happen to love cloves so that's no issue for me and pairing it with the Clove-a-Rama that is TB's Bay Rum splash I'm a spicey man tonight. The OSP lather is different from other soaps I have - it seems ultra foamy at times but the cushion, glide and slickness are all excellent. The General is a good test of soap and I didn't have any weepers tonight during my relaxing shave.

Last edited:
I almost pulled the trigger on a brass one today but looking at all the machine marks I decided not to.
@Greenpike I'm glad you didn't get the brass general and keep an eye out for the general stainless steel version coming soon ;) and I'm going to get two general when the SS comes out :sneaky::happy:

18699701_1567883053224127_3986802069889825029_o.jpg

Brush: Simpsons Persian Jar
Soap: APR, SAA
Razor: Eveready, Featherweight
Blade: Gem SS

A nice relaxed Sunday shave.
This was my first SE razor, and a great one to start with. If I had to use this same set up every day I wouldn't complain too much.

Enjoy your Sunday​

irMps07.jpg

Occam's Pre
Paladin Lotus
Mergress XL
Feather
Australian Private Reserve Winterfell
Australian Private Reserve Winterfell Aftershave
Australian Private Reserve Winterfell EDP

A Sunday shave, well paced, two passes, thoroughly enjoyable :)

Status
Not open for further replies.