Blade: English Wilky
Soap: Erasmic
A/S: Malizia Uomo Vetyver

Ming shi futur
PolAg (1)
RR Bruce synth
Haslinger Sage
Nivea sensitive splash

The ming really is a wonderful shaver but i can only use one side due to the uneven exposure! But still, a very nice and very close shave today! Not sure if I'll bother using it again but let's see.

The sage soap has a very refreshing herbal scent which i love. I actually really appreciate the soaps which are not too strongly scented but enough to enjoy throughout the whole shave.

Back to the splash due to warmer weather.

I read on a advertisement for a Gillette Slim Adjustable to turn another half a turn after the door closes. In another I read to turn it as far as it will go. For mine I reckon it is a good half turn once the doors close properly. For mine it hits a point it will not go further so that is where I put it to!

@Pbgoose second what he said. Close, then firm half turn then stops.
So you should get a milder and less twitchy shave now.

@Pbgoose second what he said. Close, then firm half turn then stops.
So you should get a milder and less twitchy shave now.
Yeah, it was the second shave with the Nacet and I was thinking 'hey, this is a lot better than the first shave with the Nacet'. I'm surprised I didn't have more problems with the Slim before. The blade must've been held tight enough because the shaves weren't twitchy but the changed blade angle with that extra half twist certainly helped the Nacet.

Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem ss
Soap: Haslinger w lanolin
Brush: whipped dog silver tip

Such a great shave, the haslinger is a great soap but I think MWF is better. I can't wait till my 1914 gets here!

Wolfman Guerrilla
Astra SP (3)
L&L Trismegistus
Thayers & Fine L'Orange Noir
TF Custom Berrylicious w/ Quinn MW 26mm knot

The fine has a really simple list of ingredients, with not many skin food type ingredients. However, the performance (I have oily skin already) is great and very nice result. 5-6 hours later still getting whafts of the scent.

6330C10E-4987-4478-AFFC-8D0B82273D91_zpsljxfwttk.jpg~original

Pre: Warm Coconut oil
Soap: Pb Puck No:1 Bergamot/Clary Sage
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Puma 11/16" 1/2 hollow
The boar brush is working well with my soaps. Just lathered up and got a phone call, half an hour later, a bit more water the lather was good to go.

The fine has a really simple list of ingredients, with not many skin food type ingredients

*any

Alcohol, Fragrance, Water, Menthol.

They make really nice fragrances, but I absolutely have to use a balm when I am using their splash else it drys the absolute heck out of my skin.

Razor: Gem 1912
Blade: Gem ss
Soap: Haslinger w lanolin
Brush: whipped dog silver tip

Such a great shave, the haslinger is a great soap but I think MWF is better. I can't wait till my 1914 gets here!

Yup, MWF is way better for me.
The schafmilch is a great soap but i can't tell the difference to the other haslinger soaps, they all feel and perform the same for me (which is great!) just with different scents.

Overall, MWF is significantly better.

Progress long handle
PolAg (5)
RR Bruce synth
Trigodon - calm seas
Nivea sensitive splash

Great shave today! Forgot Trigodon is a veggie soap and i shouldn't have added as much water as i do with tallow soaps but worked out well in any case.

The scent on calm seas is just amazing!!

Yup, MWF is way better for me.
The schafmilch is a great soap but i can't tell the difference to the other haslinger soaps, they all feel and perform the same for me (which is great!) just with different scents.

Overall, MWF is significantly better.

@nav1 I strongly agree with you MWF is a #1 shaving soap and best of all MWF gives a FANTASTIC post shave (y);):happy::smug:

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade:
Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (13)
Brush:
Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'H2" boar
Soap/Cream: Mystic Waters Sardinian Honey shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un côtelette de porc splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Un côtelette de porc balm
Cologne: N/A

Back home, with a cold :( I home it doesn't turn into man flu ..

Lovely shave nonetheless

Status
Not open for further replies.