Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: futur clone
Blade: nacet (3)
Brush: vie-long horse
Soap: haslinger with lanolin

Played this shave super safe as I had to wear my dinner suit, nothing worse than blood on a white collar.

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose balm
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

Shameless re-use of the SOTD photo from yesterday below following the shameless re-use of much the same kit!

A shave so nice, I did it twice (y)

avff7hW.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Paladin
Timeless
Feather
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic Aftershave
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic EDT

Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (5)
Blade(s): Polsilver (3)
Brush: TF Lava Demon 26mm
Soap/Cream: SS "Scramble!"

Still trying to work out this brush .. I may have had it this morning in that I really need to not shed it of water as much as I do the Chubby 2.

The Scramble! is slowly converting me. The lather as with all the other Squadron Soaps I have in wonderful, and the scent seems to be settling somewhat (or I am just getting used to it).

Very nice shave, no nicks, no damage .. bliss!

E3A3D6CC-66CD-4621-81EA-17552F29A868_zpsfvzjip4x.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Sweet Orange/Ylang Ylang
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Brass General
Blade: Feather Pro Super (3)
The General did a brilliant job of negotiating this weeks mess. Tiny bit of weeping on yesterdays nick. This soap kept lapping up water like a thirsty dog. Lathered beautifully but the Ylang Ylang reminded me why this soap will only make an occasional appearance. Others have said they get 15+ shaves out of these blades. I can't see that it's got another dozen in it but we'll see how we go.

avff7hW.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Paladin
Timeless
Feather
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic Aftershave
Barrister & Mann Nightmusic EDT

For me the great thing about this particular thread is that as I progress in this hobby I am seeing more and more razors, brushes and blades being used by you guys that I also own and use. Maybe it just means that I am fast becoming as addicted as you buggers!!!

Preshave: Musgo Real Glyce
Brush: Zenith Manchurian
Razor: Colonial General Brass
Blade: Feather Proguard
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing
Post Shave: Loccitane BAVX balm and Fine American Blend AS
Lovely three pass shave. The General performed flawlessly. The soap while not in the upper echelons of soaps is very good especially at its price.
2017-07-28_08-56-52 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr

I've never shaved in a dinner suit.:ROFLMAO::penguin:

No... neither have I! Come to think of it, I have never done much at all in a dinner suit! No wait... I did partner big Dawn at her Debut Ball! Now that is a monumental standout from my teen years! As a ballroom dancer, she could have got a job making gravel roads as a Wacker Rammer!

For me the great thing about this particular thread is that as I progress in this hobby I am seeing more and more razors, brushes and blades being used by you guys that I also own and use. Maybe it just means that I am fast becoming as addicted as you buggers!!!

Pictures please :)

Just on the PAA Cold Spices splash from yesterday. I went for lunch around half 1, and the lady at the canteen commented on it. So must have a decent sillage and longevity.

Today's Lavanille is just a brilliant deep, dark, sweet hug of a scent. Combined with a vintage PolAg blade in the Rockwell, really laid back end to the week.

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose balm
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

Shameless re-use of the SOTD photo from yesterday below following the shameless re-use of much the same kit!

A shave so nice, I did it twice (y)

That New on the Bren looks really awesome!!

Just on the PAA Cold Spices splash from yesterday. I went for lunch around half 1, and the lady at the canteen commented on it. So must have a decent sillage and longevity.

Today's Lavanille is just a brilliant deep, dark, sweet hug of a scent. Combined with a vintage PolAg blade in the Rockwell, really laid back end to the week.

Do you prefer the vintage polAg or the modern in the Rockwell?

Personally, i like the modern much more. I just get a closer shave with less effort.

Do you prefer the vintage polAg or the modern in the Rockwell?

Personally, i like the modern much more. I just get a closer shave with less effort.
Closer with the modern, but the vintage I find smoother. Preference is the vintage, whereas I like the Permasharp to get a closer shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.