Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
5DF26D8E-EDED-4DC0-BA73-DA32020CF6AF_zps9edt60lt.jpg

Pre: Warm coconut oil
Soap: CP Homemade
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Flic 6/8"
The old Flic sings at a different pitch to younger blades. Very distinct more mellow sound when cutting hair but some very nice high notes when stropping.
Wrong choice of soap for this shave. I wondering whether the CP soap should get relegated to DE shaves. I had nicked myself yesterday but so slightly you couldn't see it. The Flic found it today. Now you can see it.

EceTO9w.png

Date: 26 July 2017 is nearly 8:15am in West of London

Brush: - Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf Fan Knot
Lather: - Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick (european version grated into a plastic tub)
Razor: - Parker Variant Adjustable in Satin Chrome (WTG #5, XTG #5, ATG #2)
Blade: - Gillette Silver Blue #4
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel 'Unscented' / Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: - Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male EDT

Yesterday UK mail finally at last the '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf synthetic fan knot from US, I LOVE IT the synthetic fan knot is bloody awesome and you must get one in your den (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
M8krMGC.jpg

Last edited:
Progress long handle
PolAg (6 and out)
RR Bruce synth
LEA Classic - tallow
Nivea sensitive splash

Even at 6 shaves on the blade, i got a very close shave but i could feel it on my skin more, only just though.

The Lea classic soap never lets me down. Just a light load/face lather and the brush was chock full of creamy, shiny lather!

Razor: eclipse red ring
Blade: Nacet (2)
Soap: pbgoose home brew
Brush: vie-long horse

Nice chilled night time shave, couldn't fault the gear here for this shave at all! My prep could have been better but the soap did a great job.
Totally irritation free, really a testimate to @Pbgoose soap making skills

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: FatBoy (9) & Feather (2)
Brush: TF Custom Silvertip
Soap: Sqaudron Soap "Ace"
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold Water Splash, Witchhazel.
Aftershave/Edp: Squadron Soap "Ace"

Nice shave tonight after giving the old Fatboy a run, for those that have not tried the Squadron soaps and splashes you ought too, as you have no idea what you are missing out on. Post shave feel is absolutely awesome !!
Have a good night lads.

VVBKKib.jpg

Preshave : Hot shower face wash with body soap
Razor: Bic disposable 2 blade
Shave Cream : Yego by ziaja ( hand lather )
Blade: See above
Post shave : Cold rinse and apply partners moisturizer and complain bitterly

Firstly we have had our luggage lost between Heathrow and Wroclow Poland which means we have had no cloths or toiletries , most importantly no shave gear, for 24 hrs and counting, and f##k all help from the airline.
The shave cream cost 3.49 zlt ($1:11) it is very similar to proraso red and i am looking forward to giving it a real test with a brush.
As for the razor a rusty bit of corrigated iron may be better.
Post shave feel is like i have gravel rash on my face .
Not looking for sympathy
oh yes i am

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword (1)
Brush: Shavemac Americana DO1
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose splash
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose balm
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fougère Bourbon Rose EDP

Even with a cold and feeling miserable the APR can brighten your day! Great stuff @todras (y)

x4pW74k.jpg

La Toja Pre
Morris & Forndran L7 28mm
Timeless
Feather
Luna - Higo Y Vainilla
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Salve
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Aftershave
Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square EDT

F6A3F602-2B59-4F4F-94F4-221FCA9D574E_zps9y0iyaal.jpg

Pre: Shower
Soap: Pb Bay/Lime
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: 6/8" Friodur Henckels
My face is looking like one of those workplace number of days since last incident reminder signs (0). Nicked my chin then nicked myself changing angles to work around it. Then I dragged the blade across my finger changing hands (fortunately blade facing right way and didn't cut). One of those weeks. Apart from that, great shave. :banghead::)

Pre: Musgo Real Glyce Soap
Razor: Weber Polished Head on Ikon Handle
Blade: Vintage Polsilver(4)
Brush: Epsilon Badger
Soap: Santa Maria Novella
Post: Loccitane BAVX balm and Fine American Blend AS splash
Two day growth mowed down in three passes leaving me smooth and soft. The Polsilver as sharp and smooth on the fourth shave as the first. Remarkable blades.Great shave and great way to start the day.
2017-07-27_09-20-07 by tvrepairzone, on Flickr

Really loving this soap. Seriously do not need to load much (watch Chris's latest video for an idea - youtube a cut above). The Cold Spices is still hanging around now 5-6 hours later. I was a bit worried how the menthol in it would go on a winter's morning (almost regretted buying this over Oud Spice, the non-menthol version). Worried unnecessarily as it was very pleasant (though between my fingers were freezing the whole way to work).

Z75psok.jpg

Pre-Shave: @khun_diddy Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Trying to get back into normality and what better way than to post a SOTD. This was a very soothing shave and the Hucklaration exceeds my expectations already on its first use producing some wonderful Stirling lather.

tccWAQC.jpg

27th of July, 2017

Rockwell 6s
Voskhod
Paladin
Mike's Natural Soaps "Bay Rum"
Australian Private Reserve "Lixiviant"

Great shave this morning with some well loved products. The next APR release scents are absolutely outstanding. I am not great at describing scent profiles so I will simply say that as well as being deep and complex as one has come to expect the upcoming scents are strong, masculine and mature. The after shave base is one of the best going and you can really feel how much good it is for the skin. I can only imagine how good the soaps are going to be and am certain that the EDP's are going to be highly sought after.

It has been far too long since I have posted a SOTD on the forum and I plan on making more time to post from now on.

Last edited:
Rockwell 6S R3
PolAg (5 and out)
RR Bruce synth
SH Cherry Bliss
Nivea sensitive splash

Shaver Heaven Cherry Bliss was an absolute delight today! The scent is so refreshing, nearly like a cherry/citrus soda.

The lather is always great from SH soaps and i look forward to each time one of my several SH come up in rotation.

QAM8OdAl.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 406 Pure Badger
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: Erasmic
A/S: Pashana Original

Under loaded the brush but still managed an excellent shave. Will be very sad to see the end of the Pashana After Shave, love the scent and it's performance as an A/S is fantastic.

Today thursday:

Pre: Alt-Insbruck sample
soap: B&M Sandalwood
razor: merkur 42c
blade: Astra superior stainless
brush: FS mix
post1: the stray whisker after balm
post2: Floid suave

e6PEf8t.jpg

Almost perfect, but... The alt-insbruck pre-post shave scent is not of my taste. Maybe I shall give more tries, but the first one wasn't very pleasant to my nose (very good for the skin, of course)

F6A3F602-2B59-4F4F-94F4-221FCA9D574E_zps9y0iyaal.jpg

Pre: Shower
Soap: Pb Bay/Lime
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: 6/8" Friodur Henckels
My face is looking like one of those workplace number of days since last incident reminder signs (0). Nicked my chin then nicked myself changing angles to work around it. Then I dragged the blade across my finger changing hands (fortunately blade facing right way and didn't cut). One of those weeks. Apart from that, great shave. :banghead::)
Mmmm that's a great picture! Beautiful

Status
Not open for further replies.