Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the support guys, ive had a bit of a rough time actually besides losing the job, I've lost a mentor and have a rough cold currently.
That said it's all for the best, it's a great shake up and forces me out of my comfort zone and besides the support of my lovely wife, some close friends, internet pals and my fraternity, with all these perspectives I'm confident it'll get plenty of info and make a move for the better.
Good on you @Ferret619. Having a positive attitude can help a great deal in situations like this.

Wholly Kaw Dark Vetiver Soap and Tonic stuff. Brass General and a Schick Proline.

Wholly Kaw blurb
Dark Vetiver — our attempt to take vetiver to the darkest corners with a scent profile that combines cedarwood, benzoin, vetiver, peru balsam on an amber and sandalwood base. A dark and very masculine scent for Fall and Winter.

UKSteve blurb
Try again WK because there’s fuck all dark and masculine about this, it’s not a bad scent but it’s not been ‘taken to the darkest corner’ at all. Goes well with my Guerlain Vetiver Shower Gel, performance is as good as any soap I’ve recently tried.

Thanks for the support guys, ive had a bit of a rough time actually besides losing the job, I've lost a mentor and have a rough cold currently.
That said it's all for the best, it's a great shake up and forces me out of my comfort zone and besides the support of my lovely wife, some close friends, internet pals and my fraternity, with all these perspectives I'm confident it'll get plenty of info and make a move for the better.
That's the spirit, Mate. Sometimes bad fortune have a habit of striking you with multiple warheads. In the words of the great Sir Winston Churchill - "When you are going through hell......keep going!" It is a mantra that has helped me through some dark times. Best of luck with things, and remember that the P&C community is a tight one that is supportive of its members.

That's the spirit, Mate. Sometimes bad fortune have a habit of striking you with multiple warheads. In the words of the great Sir Winston Churchill - "When you are going through hell......keep going!" It is a mantra that has helped me through some dark times. Best of luck with things, and remember that the P&C community is a tight one that is supportive of its members.
Yes indeed, I'm of the opinion that I've had it pretty good in life so I'm due for some trouble, that said the writing had been on the wall about this for ages (not many believed me) and that's why I started a new course, the sad truth is that my industry is dying and my role will be replaced by software in due course so a bit of a pivot into something else is due.

22254927_1705504069462024_3390240444245628517_o.jpg

Brush: Maggards synthetic
Soap: Haslinger
Razor: Gillette, Aristocrat #15
Blade: Rapira

First use of the Aristocrat and very impressed. Aggressive enough to feel the blade but a smooth and easy shave resulting in a 3 pass BBS. A nice weight and, of course, a great looking razor. I think I might be using it for most of OCtober.

Have a great day and I hope you enjoy your shave as much as I enjoyed mine.​

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS British Wilkinson Sword (6)
Brush: Shavemac Americana shaving brush
Soap/Cream: B&M 42 shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: B&M 42 aftershave
Cologne: B&M 42 EDT

Don't Panic! guys - the weekend is here

Date: 07 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Jamestown Gentleman Special Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Super Stainless #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Sensitive Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

BnodteCl.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 28 Boar
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: GBE
Cream: Fauldings Shave
A/S: Masters Lilac Vegetol & L'Oreal bam

Been a long time since I last used Fauldings Shave, it seems I am definitely not missing anything though. Very drying and not at all slick, doubt I'll be using it again.

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS British Wilkinson Sword (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson '46' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre shaving soap (Ver 1)
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Lotion
Aftershave Balm: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre Aftershave Balm
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve les généraux du grand livre EDP

Some days are just APR days ...

Status
Not open for further replies.