Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Vulfix 403 Pure Badger
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: English Wilky (6)
Soap: D.R. Harris Lavender
A/S: B&M Reserve Cool
Cologne: TOBS St James

Pretty certain I could use this setup daily and still never get bored. Soap is fantastic, razor and blade combo perfect and A/S and scent very enjoyable.

Mergrass (merkur 42c head + maggards handle)
gillete 7 O'clock super platinum
yaqi synthetic
soap: APR General Ledger
after splash: APR General Ledger
after balm: APR General Ledger

xxXpOtC.jpg

First shave with this great combo, and a great Sunday shave :D

Well it’s official I’m a gentleman of leisure :) however you won’t see me unkempt!
Razor: Parat
Blade: Rapira SS
Soap: MWF
Frag: why bother..the Xbox won’t compliment me on it.

I have a ton of books I’d love to get stuck into, games I’d love to play and various other things but this whole unemployment thing leaves me feeling super uncomfortable!
Ever since I have legally been able to I have worked and dispite being paid for like another 2 weeks I just can’t shake the feeling of blergh!!
No worries however I have a second interview with a fantastic firm tomorrow (bow tie or nah?) additionally I applied to a position I held a year or so ago and hated passionately however, being a grown up blows at times :)

Hope you gents have a great one, ill see if I can avoid putting on pants at all today HAHA!!
#LivingTheDream
#NoPantsWeekdays

Well it’s official I’m a gentleman of leisure :) however you won’t see me unkempt!
Razor: Parat
Blade: Rapira SS
Soap: MWF
Frag: why bother..the Xbox won’t compliment me on it.

I have a ton of books I’d love to get stuck into, games I’d love to play and various other things but this whole unemployment thing leaves me feeling super uncomfortable!
Ever since I have legally been able to I have worked and dispite being paid for like another 2 weeks I just can’t shake the feeling of blergh!!
No worries however I have a second interview with a fantastic firm tomorrow (bow tie or nah?) additionally I applied to a position I held a year or so ago and hated passionately however, being a grown up blows at times :)

Hope you gents have a great one, ill see if I can avoid putting on pants at all today HAHA!!
#LivingTheDream
#NoPantsWeekdays
Have a great day @Ferret619 - enjoy the break while it lasts! As Patrick said to Spongebob when he lost his job...think of it as "FUNemployment" and do those things that working people don't have time for ;)

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristrocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS British Wilkinson Sword (7)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 'Jubilee' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Barrister & Mann '42' shaving soap
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann '42' aftershave
Cologne: Barrister & Mann '42' EDT

Since I'm hitting the road (or sky) again today it seemed appropriate! With a picture this time too -

wnHT0Mx.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
Simpson CH3
Wolfman
Feather
Saponficio Varesino Stella Alpina
Saponficio Varesino Stella Alpina Balm
AP Reserve General Ledger Aftershave
AP Reserve General Ledger EDP

37607175690_6e515d7d39_z.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Black Spruce
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Fatboy (Settings, 5,7,9)
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
AS: Pb The Black Spruce
Can't fault the Fatboy. Nice shave. Got no idea what number shave the Silver Blue is up to but it did a great job, comfortable shave. @todras When you requested the Aftershave thread be closed there was momentary panic as I haven't sucked the life out of that thread yet and it's given me a lot of help in playtime. Thanks for your generosity in sharing info there. But of course the thread is just closed for further replies.

Rasor : Parker Variant setting 1
Soap : Arko
Balde : new PolSilver
Afershave : Alum Block ;-)

I am quite happy this morning, i am getting there !.For the first time ever, I had no Alum feedback whatsoever (and no blood of course).I used a new Polsilver instead of the usual new feathers (I used to put a new one for every shave) and I have applied a light buffering technique with the variant at setting 1.That did the trick for today's shave.

It still not a shave as good as the ones I get from a fusion5 power but at least i did not get laugh at by my wife (bloody face).

Last edited:
Date: 23 October 2017

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Wholly Kaw - Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Limited Edition (tallow) Donkey Milk 4x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice Cobalt
Razor: - Muhle R41 v2013 with the iKon Bulldog Handle
Blade: - Gillette Sputnik #2
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Hugo Boss (Original)

Have a great day @Ferret619 - enjoy the break while it lasts! As Patrick said to Spongebob when he lost his job...think of it as "FUNemployment" and do those things that working people don't have time for ;)
Haha I’m already taking advantage! I “fixed” the washing machine!
I tell ya, I long for the days of the seperate door switch, on my LG the door switch is magnetic and part of the main PC board... so it no longer has that safety feature and I can wash clothes with the door open, what a time to be alive.

Pre-shave: Homebrew Oils
Brush: RazoRock Monster
Lather: RazoRock Emperor
Razor: RazoRock Mamba
Blade: Astra SP
Post-shave: Rockwell Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: RL Polo Explorer EDT
How do you rate the mamba? It came up in conversation the other day.

How do you rate the mamba? It came up in conversation the other day.
It didn't feel as aggressive as I thought it would be given the name "Mamba" :) The shave was quite smooth, but I did get some feedback with the alum. I think that with more shaves I will get the technique down pat. The best shaves I've had so far have been with the Rockwell 6C & the Slim Adjustable, and this one fits quite nicely in that mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.