Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I’m already taking advantage! I “fixed” the washing machine!
I tell ya, I long for the days of the seperate door switch, on my LG the door switch is magnetic and part of the main PC board... so it no longer has that safety feature and I can wash clothes with the door open, what a time to be alive.
Good to see you're having fun :ROFLMAO:

Dark monday, after quite sunny and hot week :(

razor: mergard (merkur 42c head + handle maggard)
blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock
brush: FS mixt
soap: La Toja stick face lathered
after splash: APR Lixiviant

v6Zch0v.jpg

Have a great week!

wnHT0Mx.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
Simpson CH3
Wolfman
Feather
Saponficio Varesino Stella Alpina
Saponficio Varesino Stella Alpina Balm
AP Reserve General Ledger Aftershave
AP Reserve General Ledger EDP

Great pic @todras - but now it is time for the 75% discount code for all members here for being allowed to tout your own products :D :D :D

mrmCB6K.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Ti
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Thäter 2-band Bulb
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A delightful shave to start the new week. The Ti Baby Smooth is truly smooth, yet very efficient. When I first got the Thäter, I would have never thought, that it becomes so cloud soft. Yet it has tons of backbone and whipped up mountains of stellar Mike's lather in no time.

I hope you all have a great start into the new week (y)

Yes because posting a SOTD is quite obviously advertising that needs to be paid for :D

Anyway @alfredus - I’ve seen Dan’s B/S/T threads - at LEAST 75% off from memory ;)

20171023_173422.jpg

Welcome back, my old friend. The Slim is a damn fine razor and still a favourite with an Aussie NOS Gillette Super Stainless blade. Wonderful retro shave to BBS on a 7.

First time with Avon Deep Woods AS. Excellent STING. Scent is a very light sweet fougere that's inoffensive to all but the most demanding female Cool Water acolytes. Very little in the way of moisturisors so it suits my oily mug.

Razor: Rockwell 6S – 3
Blade: English Wilkinson Sword (4)
Brush: Omega 11126 Boar
Soap: B&M Bay Rum

Fantastic night shave, just a gentle 2 pass with the grain. :happy: Haven’t used the little Omega brush in ages for some reason. I will have to bring it out more from now on.

You sure do get around @Mark1966 !

@Greenpike , your vintage aftershave bottles are out of control! Bravo (y)

My curiosity did get the best of me..
Razor: supply v2 (plate 2)
Blade: supply
Soap: MWF
Brush: commodore

So I decided I had to try it.. I said the second there was any tugging or burn the tech was coming out, 3 passes and the result is a nice close shave, not perfect but a bit of time and this will b a great razor in my books, the angle is a bit different and there is no real audable feedback, blades Could be sharper and the weight would help a lot.
Need more time with it but I like it so far.

37856584392_0ba61f922a_c.jpg

Pre: Warm Coconut Oil
Soap: Le Pere Lucien
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Breidora 11/16" (1/4 hollow)
Just received the LPL from @Bucephalus yesterday (thank you). Gave it a test lather in the tub and thought great!, nice scent, nice lather, I'll give it a run tomorrow. Put it in the scuttle this morning and it exploded into 1/2 bucket of foam. There was so much lather I'm thinking, this is how it begins (the shave apocalypse)......with soap! Took a bit of work to settle the lather down into something more manageable then I was away. Next time maybe I'll just lather in the tub. Nice shave with Breidora.

Anyway @alfredus - I’ve seen Dan’s B/S/T threads - at LEAST 75% off from memory ;)

Yeah, I always try and let things go as cheaply as possible in the spirit of P&C and yes, sometimes a little too cheaply... but that's the effect P&C has on people and I think that's a good thing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.