Not open for further replies.
Smell Like a Man, Friday Night Shave:

WP_20171110_21_40_44_Pro.jpg

Brush: Maseto Siilvertip 30mm
Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30 (5)
Soap: Old Spice Cream
Post-shave: TSW sampler / Brut

Eggs, beans and lentils are the usual ingredients the boss feeds me if she wants to hear me smell like a man..... but tonight I rolled out the big guns and saved on the 7 hours of required digestion ~ Old Spice and Brut!

5 shaves in and the Schick P30 feels better than the first shave.... I do suspect that I am dialling in nicely to this single edge business.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Cream: Logona Bio Ginkgo & Coffein Mann
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platimum (3)
EDT: Penhaligon's Castile

Thought I'd give this new cream a whirl. I picked it up at a Bio-Supermarket in Germany. Maybe 1.5x the price of the Speick cream next to it, but still dirt cheap when purchasing in the country of manufacture.
The first thing I noticed was how thirsty the cream is. I mean - seriously thirsty! Eventually hit the lather sweet spot, which produced a dense but relatively thin yogurty lather. The scent was very nice - fresh, and subtly herbal. Three passes and a clean-up, and I am genuinely BBS. The most striking thing about the cream, apart from its thirst, was the high level of residual slickness. Certainly the best I've experienced from a cream other than maybe Occams or Musgo Real. It allowed very easy touch-ups without a hit of grabbing.
Curiosity got the better of me and I checked on the ingredients, but they are not giving much away. The front label indicates that it contains ginkgo and caffeine. The rear label is less specific and states the following: "Fragranced with the spicy masculine notes of fine woods. Thanks to its pH value, this gentle, rich creamy formula prepares facial hair for a particularly smooth and gentle shave. A collection of slin-calming plant extracts helps sooth reddened, irritated skin during wet shaving. For a smooth start to the day!" (Jawohl!!)
So if you find yourself in Deutschland, and spy one of the plentiful Bio-Supermarkets, I can certainly recommend this cream.
A warm spring night, so Castile was the perfect scent match.
Now I am getting a little edgy - come on you Socceroos!

Last edited:

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Super Badger
Cream: Logona Bio Ginkgo & Coffein Mann
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platimum (3)
EDT: Penhaligon's Castile

Thought I'd give this new cream a whirl. I picked it up at a Bio-Supermarket in Germany. Maybe 1.5x the price of the Speick cream next to it, but still dirt cheap when purchasing in the country of manufacture.
The first thing I noticed was how thirsty the cream is. I mean - seriously thirsty! Eventually hit the lather sweet spot, which produced a dense but relatively thin yogurty lather. The scent was very nice - fresh, and subtly herbal. Three passes and a clean-up, and I am genuinely BBS. The most striking thing about the cream, apart from its thirst, was the high level of residual slickness. Certainly the best I've experienced from a cream other than maybe Occams or Musgo Real. It allowed very easy touch-ups without a hit of grabbing.
Curiosity got the better of me and I checked on the ingredients, but they are not giving much away. The front label indicates that it contains ginkgo and caffeine. The rear label is less specific and states the following: "Fragranced with the spicy masculine notes of fine woods. Thanks to its pH value, this gentle, rich creamy formula prepares facial hair for a particularly smooth and gentle shave. A collection of slin-calming plant extracts helps sooth reddened, irritated skin during wet shaving. For a smooth start to the day!" (Jawohl!!)
So if you find yourself in Deutschland, and spy one of the plentiful Bio-Supermarkets, I can certainly recommend this cream.
A warm spring night, so Castile was the perfect scent match.
Now I am getting a little edgy - come on you Socceroos!

Curiosity got the better of me and I checked on the ingredients, but they are not giving much away.

Ha! A wee bit of detective work, and here we have it:

Aqua (Water), Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Myristic Acid, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil*, Lanolin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract*, Caffeine*, Sodium Hyaluronate, Potassium Silicate, Sodium Hydroxide,Parfum (Essential Oils), Limonene, Linalool

*aus kontrolliert biologischem Anbau
**natürliche ätherische Öle

There's some good stuff in there, and it was a stand-out performer, for me at least.

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (6)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All splash

Last (?) of my away for a few day trips done - nice to be home. I figured this combination was a little patriotic for Remembrance Day.

r10713831.jpg

Lest We Forget

Date: 11 November 2017 "SOTA"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Barbershop Hop 7x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Fatip Testina Gentile Close Comb
Blade: - Gillette Nacet #2
Post: - Speick Aftershave Lotion / L'Oreal Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm with Birch Sap

Getting too tough to go through with VVCS, but I need a shave so bad to take my mind off on so many issue and is a very long story, and I don't feel like talking and chatting sorry.

Last edited:
DJHCa5G.jpg

La Toja Pre Shave
Paladin Falstaff
Wolfman Guerilla/UFO GOLiATH
Feather
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Salve
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Aftershave
AP Reserve Junos Royale EDP

Razor: Vintage British Gillette Aristocrat #15
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless 'Aussie Spoiler' (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney 'Badger and Bristle' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave Splash: Australian Private Reserve (APR) / Squadron Soap Australians All splash

Not quite the 'bling' of @UKSteve's post or the style of @todras but still a lovely shave with a wonderfully performing combination!

Not quite the 'bling' of @UKSteve's post or the style of @todras but still a lovely shave with a wonderfully performing combination!

Your effort and finesse in formatting the text for your SOTD's so perfectly does not go unnoticed, only an accounting professional could execute the order of operations with such je ne sais quoi!

Your effort and finesse in formatting the text for your SOTD's so perfectly does not go unnoticed, only an accounting professional could execute the order of operations with such je ne sais quoi!

LOL - literally! (y)

Ku1lY4W.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Vicious Sample #3
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Very enjoyable and relaxed Sunday shave with some nice vicious lather.

I hope you all have a superb Sunday (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.