Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree with everything you said. But to me it seems thats not what is happening here. Anyways........:)

Ok @Bozley82 and @lerenau hold up both of you dudes there is a serious miscommunication and misunderstanding right here and it's all @TomG's fault :D

All good gents.

I think you are right @todras, there was some miscommunication (and context) on all fronts. But I think everyone has good intentions.

No harm done. And everyone was quite civil, which I expect in this forum. That's why I like it here. (y)

For what it's worth, I apologise for my contribution. It was a little knee-jerk.

Also Bozley can you please resize your bloody pictures, I browse on a desktop and they are just enormous - its like having the razor and that bloody PAA soap and splash you like in the room with me ffs.

Dont worry mate i feel the same way about that bloody APR logo of yours. Theres been many a time i've had to check the address bar to make sure im still on the paste and cut website and not APR's website.

And seeing as though you asked so nicely, ill have a look at how to resize the images for you. :)

Dont worry mate i feel the same way about that bloody APR logo of yours. Theres been many a time i've had to check the address bar to make sure im still on the paste and cut website and not APR's website.

And seeing as though you asked so nicely, ill have a look at how to resize the images for you. :)

He is a lawyer - that was asking nicely! Be thankful you didn't get served with an injunction :)

Now that we all have that sorted and everything out of our system on this lovely Sunday afternoon ...

... is anybody actually having a shave today?

My face is still feeling pretty darn fine (y)

Thanks for the comments and clarification @todras @Bozley82 @lerenau (y).

I absolutely respect the right to independent opinions of others, and would not challenge that right.
What really got my goat was,as @todras pointed out:
Tom was not referring to my Lixiviant fragrance being described as smelling like stale cat's piss after 2 weeks in 35C temperatures or people not liking fragrances or expressing real opinions (heck we all do that) he was referring to the organised smear review that occurred on a Vendors website

Further, there was commentary on the site that I felt was inappropriate, mentioning that @todras was in the law profession and was thus using over-flowery language in his product descriptions.

My comments were made in this context. I acknowledge that my language was not chosen well in my post - apologies for this.

All good at my end.(y)

I shaved today.

Fatip Grande Nickel
Lord Racer blade (12)
GFT Rose cream
Omega 49
Re-lather and cold rinse

Thought I would try an experiment - take the blade after the Rockwell had finished with it on plate 6 and try it in my OC. The result was surprising - a shave that was on the edge of tugging (I thought a couple of times about just binning the blade) but after 3 passes and 8 hours is still BBS. Quite amazing really although my skin felt a tad "raw" from the process. Amazing result from a blade with this many shaves and no weepers etc. Another support for my theory of increasing aggression as a blade gets more shaves on it.

This cream is a funny one - I loaded too much and couldn't get enough water in it to avoid boat loads of lather. By the third pass the consistency was just about right. Because it feels like a soft soap loaded from a tub the temptation is there to load it like one - but it's a cream!

I think the real take home message people are missing here is that if Lixiviant or indeed any perfume does indeed smell like stale cat's piss, you can't honestly say that it's a very skillfully and indeed inspired and exquisite recreation of the nuance and accords of male feline cat urine.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: You need mad skills to get that done...my hat off to you, sir!

Brush: Maseto Silvertip
Razor: SS General
Blade: Schick P30 (8)
Soap: Old Spice Cream (lime)

A super quick single pass on Thursday (which I'm not counting as a shave) left a decent growth for tonight to scrape off.... I've been "blooming the cream" so to speak ~ leaving the toothpaste sized squirt for 30 seconds in the bottom of the lather bowl covered in hot water. Doesn't make it any worse or better but it sure lathers up faster. 2 passes tonight for a nice clean shave :)

The lonely looking Rockwell is calling out to me but I'm keen to get full uninterrupted use of the P30 blade to establish my baseline, tonight being shave #8 - first proper shave with the blade flipped on the reverse side.

Razor: Vintage British NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney 'Badger and Bristle' shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All splash

Oh man, was this a beautiful shave!

I cannot recall using a Feather with this combination before - it was amazing. Close but smooth, absolutely sensation result.
To be honest I've never been game to use a feather in a NEW. It was always strictly israeli super plat territory, or a personna. I've only used feathers in tech, tech type or adjustables dialed down.

Razor: Vintage British NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Feather (2)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All splash

Oh yes, this was just as good as yesterday!

I find @shavenardo that the Feather often go well in an aggressive razor for me. Sometimes when I simply cannot get a razor working for me I throw in a Feather and - voilà

Such a nice shave, great way to start the working week

J2kcJfA.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Morris & Forndran 3XL
Wolfman Guerilla/UFO GOLiATH
Gillette Nacet
T&S+Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli
Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Salve
Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Aftershave
AP Resserve G'Day Mate! EDP

Thanks for the comments and clarification @todras @Bozley82 @lerenau (y).

I absolutely respect the right to independent opinions of others, and would not challenge that right.
What really got my goat was,as @todras pointed out:

Further, there was commentary on the site that I felt was inappropriate, mentioning that @todras was in the law profession and was thus using over-flowery language in his product descriptions.

My comments were made in this context. I acknowledge that my language was not chosen well in my post - apologies for this.

All good at my end.(y)

All good here to @TomG.

To be clear my original comments had nothing to do with cat piss. So im a little confused as to why @todras brought that up in the first place.
My original comment was more about the chap on that major US retailer talking about the flowery language used in APR's
scent discriptions. To me, thats his opinion that its over the top.

@todras. In future, can you not use vulgar language when talking to me. Whether it be in the form of an acronym or not. I find it highly offensive.

Also i changed the picture size for you @todras, so i hope this meets your requirements. If not just let me know and ill try again.

Now to the SOTD.

I've got a mate thats a jeweller and was talking to him through the week about polishing the Evo. Took it round to him yesterday and he gave it a quick buff. We were a bit short on time so he hasnt finished it. The picture doesn't really show it but this thing is shiny.

bKMvRnQ.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
ASYLUM EVOLUTION XL BRASS
VOSKHOD
TF BERRYLICIOUS/SOC BOAR
SQUADRON ACE
SQUADRON ACE SPLASH

HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT START TO THE WEEK. :)

37811842664_ed50fb9c47_c.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Sudsy Soapery Lavender and Peppermint
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Puma 226
The Lavender and Peppermint contains blue clay which makes for a not at all foamy lather but very rich, creamy and slick. Great for the straight. The Peppermint gives a pleasant mild menthol effect. Touched up the Puma on the hones last night and realised how sharp it is with a tiny slice under the nose. Nice shave.

38496430212_d84f84251c_c.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot shower/homebrew oils
Razor: Restored Gillette Slim Adjustable (#4)
Blade: Personna Blue
Brush: Vintage NOS Victoria Pure Badger
Lather: Eufros Dama de Noche
Post-shave: Dr. Jons Classic AS
Fragrance: Christian Dior Dune EDT

Good to have a clean shaven face again after doing a bit of painting on the weekend :) Hope that everyone has a pleasant week ahead!!!

All good here to @TomG.

I've got a mate thats a jeweller and was talking to him through the week about polishing the Evo. Took it round to him yesterday and he gave it a quick buff. We were a bit short on time so he hasnt finished it. The picture doesn't really show it but this thing is shiny.

bKMvRnQ.jpg

I do like the Evolution shiny.

GLiXVBU.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Weber PH UFO Titan L
Blade: Voskhod (2)
Brush: Doug Korn Epsilon 2-band
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A very ordinary shave today with many weepers. On days like this, one is often inclined to look for the culprit in the gear. But the Weber/Voskhod combo is a tried, tested and loved razor/blade combo for me and the Mike's lather was just superb. So at the end of the day, I have to admit, that it must have been user error - I guess we all have our bad days from time to time...

I hope you all have a fantastic start into the new week (y)

Status
Not open for further replies.