Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: supply v2 plate 2
Soap: executive man
Blade: schick
Brush: commodore

Well I’m off to Mittagong for a training seminar thingo, that said I killed it yesterday and sold my first house!
Nice town house off the plan for a reasonable $915k
Tell ya, when that sucker is built and I get paid in a years time, I’ll be a happy camper.

Razor: supply v2 plate 2
Soap: executive man
Blade: schick
Brush: commodore

Well I’m off to Mittagong for a training seminar thingo, that said I killed it yesterday and sold my first house!
Nice town house off the plan for a reasonable $915k
Tell ya, when that sucker is built and I get paid in a years time, I’ll be a happy camper.

Well done mate!

I'm not sure that the statement ' for a reasonable $915k ' makes ANY sense to me but that is the way it is ...

xpeQ1XF.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
Simpson CH3
Wolfman/UFO GOLiATH
Nacet
L&L Grooming+Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère Salve
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère Aftershave
Chatillon Lux SYLVA EDT

Well done mate!

I'm not sure that the statement ' for a reasonable $915k ' makes ANY sense to me but that is the way it is ...
A nice modest dwelling ;)

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Klar Sport
Razor: ATT Kronos M2
Blade: Personna Lab (1)
EdT: Penhaligon's Endymion

Gave the Klar Sport a first run today. It is a hard soap (looks triple-milled), so I used my SOC Boar to get stuck into it.
The soap comes in a small diameter tin - looks cute, but doesn't make loading very easy.
I to'd and fro'd trying to get it right, but in hindsight, my first pass was probably mainly proto-lather.
2nd and 3rd passes were much better, and a very close shave resulted, but the first pass had done the damage, and I had some irritated patches on my neck.
Myrsol Emulsion to the rescue yet again.
Any Forum members who have experience with this soap, I'd appreciate it if you've any tips to pass on regarding lathering this soap, apart from "Load it like you hate it" ;).

MeLKCZh.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
ASYLUM EVOLUTION XL BRASS
PERMA-SHARP
YAQI 26MM TUXEDO FAN
TABAC
TABEX SPLASH
@nsavage I can happily report that the Yaqi performed very well in between shaves. I kept an eye on it all day yesterday and not once did i catch it doing anything it shouldn't have. Sat perfectly still on the shelf the whole time. :)

MeLKCZh.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
PERMA-SHARP
YAQI 26MM TUXEDO FAN
TABAC
TABEX SPLASH
@nsavage I can happily report that the Yaqi performed very well in between shaves. I kept an eye on it all day yesterday and not once did i catch it doing anything it shouldn't have. Sat perfectly still on the shelf the whole time. :)
Great news! So far so good I guess :)

Rockwell 6S (4)
Lord Racer blade (3)
GFT Rose Cream
Omega 48
Re-lather, cold rinse, Gillette AS Gel

The extra efficiency of plate 4 was noticeable today. A very nice BBS. My favourite brush gave a gorgeous lather now I have a better feeling for the amount of product I should be using with this cream...

VS57ZYW.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Doug Korn D7V
Lather: Mike's Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

A much better shave today with the Guerrilla after my ordinary last shave and the Mike's lather was just again superb.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

MeLKCZh.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
PERMA-SHARP
YAQI 26MM TUXEDO FAN
TABAC
TABEX SPLASH

@Bozley82 where did you get your Tabex (Tabaco) After Shave from, because I can't stop staring at your after shave bottle and does this bottle contains alcohol??

MeLKCZh.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
PERMA-SHARP
YAQI 26MM TUXEDO FAN
TABAC
TABEX SPLASH
How much is one of those asylum fellows

Pre: Hot wash
Brush: Omega 48
Soap/Cream: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Razor: Schick Krona
Blade: Nacet (1)
Post-shave: St James Of London Post Shave Gel - Cedarwood & Clarysage

Schick Krona is a lovely efficient shaver. Wouldn't like to have more than four days growth with it as I'd think it would struggle.
Smooth and very fun shaver, balanced well and yet mild rated.
Aftershave was a sample from Stray Whiskers and was quite impressed with the matte finish on my skin and it's light calming effects. Very moisturising though a little tacky if too much is applied.

Enjoy your shaves and day.

Status
Not open for further replies.