Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at the end of the day, I have to admit, that it must have been user error - I guess we all have our bad days from time to time...

I tend to think that when these things happen to me it's just my "time of the month" ~ everything else can be consistent (hardware/software/technique) but your body/skin/environment you have little control over.

No, I won't get stroppy, hormonal, grumpy, teary, blah, blah during my "period".... but maybe my body is doing some self maintenance and expelling toxins through the skin creating micro acne or something similar. Maybe you've not had enough vitamins in the last few days and patches of skin are dried out as a consequence. Maybe the changing weather or humidity are bringing less natural oil to the surface of your skin, or maybe more (sebum).

Could be a microscopic small inconsistent rough surface on the blade too....

Maybe many things but at the end of the day it's all good, better getting a nick and a weeper than looking lazy and unkempt :)

Razor: Vintage British NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Feather (3)
Brush: Simpson LE 19/150 Jubilee shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All splash

Where has this combination been all my life?

Amazing

Date: 21 November 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bay Lime Twist 5x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Professional Super #1
Post: - Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Bulldog Original Moisturiser
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

https://flic.kr/p/21Dq7NG
Pre-shave: Hot shower/homebrew oils
Brush: Vintage @Reyes_Restored Certifyd brush
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (#4)
Blade: Personna Blue
Lather: B & M Cheshire
Post-shave: Thayer's Witch Hazel Peach/Speick AS
Fragrance: Davidoff Cool Water Summer Fizz

A really close shave with no nicks, cuts or weepers...I think am getting the hang of this (y)

HVJngHp.jpg

La Toja Pre Shave
H.L. Thater - Fünf
Wolfman Guerilla/UFO GOLiATH
Gillette Nacet
Stone Cottage Soapworks Fougère shaving Cream
AP Reserve Coeur de Vert Aftershave
AP Reserve Coeur de Vert EDP

e7cyEMk.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
ASYLUM EVOLUTION XL BRASS
PERMA-SHARP
YAQI 26MM TUXEDO FAN
MYSTIC WATER BARBERSHOP
FINE AMERICAN BLEND SPLASH

I really should use/buy synths more often. I'd forgotten how good they really are. @SpeedyPC the performance of this brush during the shave was outstanding. I think the 26mm knot is the perfect size. Its got plenty of backbone, splays easy if you want it to and is so incredibly soft. Fantastic brush.
@nsavage i shall keep a very close eye on it today and keep you updated on how it performs in between shaves. :)

Have a nice day guys.

e7cyEMk.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
PERMA-SHARP
YAQI 26MM TUXEDO FAN
MYSTIC WATER BARBERSHOP

I really should use/buy synths more often. I'd forgotten how good they really are. @SpeedyPC the performance of this brush during the shave was outstanding. I think the 26mm knot is the perfect size. Its got plenty of backbone, splays easy if you want it to and is so incredibly soft. Fantastic brush.
@nsavage i shall keep a very close eye on it today and keep you updated on how it performs in between shaves. :)

Have a nice day guys.

@Bozley82 I've already got the Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm bulb knot and the only Tuxedo fan knot I got in my den was the Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf, about a week ago I've already ordered another brush above you've been currently using the Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm fan knot. Because I'm going to compare both Tuxedo fan knot performance the Envy Shave '8 Ball' 25/53mm Black Wolf vs Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm fan knot very soon, I can tell straight away the Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo fan knot is going to be a winner against the Envy Shave '8 Ball' because the 53mm loft was a bit too strong for the fan knot which doesn't splay too well I'm still keeping the Envy Shave '8 Ball' Black Wolf in my den.

e7cyEMk.jpg

PAA PRE SHAVE SOAP
PERMA-SHARP
YAQI 26MM TUXEDO FAN
MYSTIC WATER BARBERSHOP

Have a nice day guys.

WOW, that Evolution XL does look great polished up ...

Go on @Mark1966 I can tell you want to buy a Evolution XL Gold Darwin Razor look alike in your den.

What, and make my real one jealous? :sneaky:

[shameless attempt to justify expenditure on a vintage Darwin standard]

20171121_070855.jpg

Been psycho busy but here's a picture of my first shave post the great General assassination. Face finally all healed and my beloved aluminium head is laid to rest. Today's shave was delightful. Tim's Soap is a damn fine bit of unobtainium and I thought I'd do Floid if only because it doesn't smell like urinal cake at all :)

Razor: Vintage British NEW head on TSW Bren handle
Blade: Feather (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Bristle & Badger shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve / Squadron Soap Australians All splash

At the risk of being boring (accountant) this is just so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.