Blade: - Gillette Nacet #5
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Rockwell 6S (6)
Gillette "Aussie Spoiler" (5)
DRH Eucalyptus cream
Proraso brush
Re-lather and rinse

A rather quick DFS today. The trouble with cream in a tub is knowing how much to load for a face lather. Needed more today. I'm finding this brush requires considerably more effort on my part to get a lather going than my higher lofted boars, which seem to generate lather by themselves in comparison...

This is a one off, it will not ever return. I'm glad you like it, I would enjoy it for what it is :)

Come on Dan, everything has a price, it has more to do whether our pockets are deep enough for a second run. (y)

Date: 05 December 2017 "SOTD"
Fragrance: - L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Awesome, that one is a 'always in collection' list member.

Thanks @Monsta_AU is my most favourite scent for Spring and Summer season, you might like Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme EdT which is pretty good click here

And for Autumn and Winter season you'll like Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men click here

Thanks @Monsta_AU is my most favourite scent for Spring and Summer season, you might like Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme EdT which is pretty good click here

And for Autumn and Winter season you'll like Dolce&Gabbana The One for Men click here

I am already pretty full up on EdT but they are good recommendations. Issey stands as a really good twist on the aquatics without being AdG and everyone knowing what it is..... the usual comment is "it's a bit like Aqua di Gio but not the same...."

Come on Dan, everything has a price, it has more to do whether our pockets are deep enough for a second run. (y)

No, it's about the source materials varying in this case. I did not buy enough of them, so I can't ensure it would be the same if I reproduced it in the future, I usually buy large amounts but with the costs involved I did not as the intention was to make only one batch.

Indeed, I would sell vintage Polsilvers if need be to buy some :)

L'Eau Bleue d'Issey Pour Homme is a variant of it that most are not even aware of :)

YrZS78k.jpg

Musgo Glyce
M&F L7
WolfmanG/UFO GOLiATH
Feather
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer Aftershave
AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer EDP

Brush: Edwin Jagger Best
Razor: Mamba
Blade: Minx
Soap: TFS
A/S: Masters Lilac Vegetal

With exception of the vintage Minx blade every item used today could be described as budget or low end. Wouldn't know it from the shave, absolutely perfect BBS with no irritation at all and a great, long lasting scent from the Lilac Vegetal.

Fatip Grande Nickel
Gillette "Aussie Spoiler" (6)
P&C Platypus 26mm fan
Razorock P.160
Re-lather and rinse

A 3 pass, very efficient BBS but my skin feels irritated although it appears to be fine. I'm not sure if I was too early in transitioning this blade to an aggressive razor or more likely it's just the combination of aggressive shave with this soap. I did notice I needed a very low angle when going ATG to avoid dragging.

Brush: Proraso
Razor: PAA Alpha Ecliptic / Mingshi 2000s
Blade: Super Max
Lather: Shaving Factory mystery soap
Post: Suavecito Menthol Vanishing Cream / Baber Shoppe Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Playboy VIP

Swapped the PAA Alpha Ecliptic after first pass as it's way too aggressive for my liking :( Finished off using the Mingshi 2000s for the first time and could see why it was so popular. Had no major difficulties shaving under the nose and kept it around setting #1 as this felt most comfortable. It won't make me buy a Merkur Futur that's for sure but can't complain with the price/quality and had no issues regarding blade alignment/exposure. I was expecting a bigger and heavy razor but the weight felt good and the handle wasn't as slippery as I had feared it would be. Happy shaving!

Status
Not open for further replies.