Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
24302069_1760935023918928_6107019306488722870_o.jpg

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: APR, Lixiviant
Razor: PAA, DOC
Blade: Silver Star

I've always liked the look of the DOC so watched it go round a couple of times on eBay and eventually had to give in. A very good shave! The open comb on the cap really works, leaving the soap behind and the reduced surface area lets it glide really well. A medium aggression and residual soap makes buffing and pick ups simple. The handle is a little short but grip is good. This could be a great daily driver.
Loving the Lixiviant and a really excellent finish/ face feel with the splash, as ever.
Have a great weekend

38772096951_619a54c0f8_c.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: P&B Imperial Rum
Brush: Omega Boar 21762
Bowl: Nicole Pangas Ceramics Bronze Warrior
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Mild (2)
AS: Pb Pimento Silk
First run with the 'Bronze Warrior'. Great shaving bowl. Nice size for lathering with plenty of patterned indentations to assist lathering. I was over generous with the scoop of soap and ended up with enough lather for at least 3 shaves and if I had to be critical maybe the indentations are a little too deep as when I rinsed the bowl out I was able to relather with the soap left in the indentations. I know from a test lather yesterday that this is not a problem if you judge the soap quantity correctly to start with. The skewed handle makes for a comfortable grip on the bowl while lathering.
Nice performance from both the Imperial Rum and the Asylum Rx. I'll have to be in the right mood to use the Imperial Rum as it contains Ylang Ylang which I only tolerate in small doses but P&B scent their soaps on the mild side so the Imperial Rum was very pleasant to use.

Full_Size_Render_3.jpg

Happy days!

I have my shave-billabong back after a series of house guests.

Also, I finally got a lovely glossy (almost Adelaide-style) lather out of the badger brush (lather shot here). I can’t believe how long I struggled with it, but now I think I’ve got my technique dialed. You are right @bald as , the ticket is to just keep loading and gradually keep feeding in plenty of water.

Have great weekend all!

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Razor: ATT Kronos S1
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (1)
EdC: Speick

A shave on a hot summer's night - the Stirling mentholated soap was just the ticket, and a very nice post shave feel to boot.
Popped one of my sharpest vintage blades - the Gillette Super Silver - into the S1 head for a test. Marginally more blade feel that the Personna Super Iridium, but still very smooth and a DFS+ after three passes and a few buffs.
Still getting the hang of the Slant - my shaves continue to improve.
The simple, fresh herbal scent of the Speick cologne was a nice match - feeling refreshed and soothed.

kyD2poe.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave Butter
Declaration Franklin
Wolfman Guerilla/UFO GOLiATH
Feather
Soap By Luna Azahar LE
Chatillon Lux Y/R/P Salve
Chatillon Lux I Love St Louis Aftershave
AP Reserve Junos Royale EDP

24130086_1762028567142907_5125428693736749663_o.jpg

Brush: Simpson PJ2
Soap: Stirling, MITA
Razor: PAA, DOC
Blade: Personna Super Stainless ( British vintage)

Another nice shave with the DOC. I thought I would try one of these hospital blades,that came with my Black Beauty from Canada, they turned out to be a British Personna SS. I'm no blade expert but they were noticeably smoother than yesterday's Silver Star and cut well. I will have to see how long they last.
I love the scent and performance of the MITA but just can't convince myself that menthol is a good sensation.
Have a great Sunday​

Date: 03 December 2017 "SOTM"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - Yaqi Mysterious Space Tuxedo Synth. 26/57mm bulb knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bourbon Jungle 4x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Professional Super #4
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel /Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance: - Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

1WvJ9yB.jpg

Apologies for the huge photo, I'm still getting the hang of this!

Soap: Shaver Heaven Citrus Garden
Brush : Omega S Brush
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Vostock Teflon Coated

A bit rushed this morning as I had to head out. I'd call it a socially acceptable shave, fine for a lazy Sunday. First time with this blade and soap so not really a fair test.

What was unquestionably fantastic was the aftershave. Borked is magic. Love the scent and I'm still able to detect some notes after 7 hours. If it was in regular production I'd be going back for more.

Last edited:
1WvJ9yB.jpg

What was unquestionably fantastic was the aftershave. Borked is magic. Love the scent and I'm still able to detect some notes after 7 hours. If it was in regular production I'd be going back for more.

Holy moley it's name @borked !! :LOL:
That is too grand :ROFLMAO:
Can't wait to try this. Have thoughts of an apropos scent of a gentleman walking out of a speakeasy wearing the Black & whites and scarf while arm in arm with a beautiful flapper. (y)

Am I close? ;)

1WvJ9yB.jpg

Apologies for the huge photo, I'm still getting the hang of this!

Soap: Shaver Heaven Citrus Garden
Brush : Omega S Brush
Razor: Rockwell 6C
Blade: Vostock Teflon Coated

A bit rushed this morning as I had to head out. I'd call it a socially acceptable shave, fine for a lazy Sunday. First time with this blade and soap so not really a fair test.

So that's what it's like to wear me upon your face!
Should I be concerned of disappearing in order to be harvested to produce more?
I'm enjoying the scent straight out of the bottle, can't wait to try it tonight.
@todras has stated it will not return, so we will have to do something special to convince him to change the status from discontinued/retired.

Holy moley it's name @borked !! :LOL:
That is too grand :ROFLMAO:
Can't wait to try this. Have thoughts of an apropos scent of a gentleman walking out of a speakeasy wearing the Black & whites and scarf while arm in arm with a beautiful flapper. (y)

Am I close? ;)
Can imagine my surprise when it was revealed :jawdrop:
I envision this or perhaps this broadcasting itself to the world from the briefly opened doors...

Status
Not open for further replies.