Not open for further replies.
NPRl1u0.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Razorock Mamba SS
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mike's Hungarian Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Stirling Bay Laurel Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Very easy and smooth shave with some fantastic Mike's lather.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
Razor: UFO Goliath handle - ATT S1 Head
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (3)
EdT: Knize Forest

First shave using the UFO handle. As well as looking spectacular, it worked beautifully with the ATT S1 Head. Three passes and clean-up for BBS.
The handle feels great in the hand. It is slightly shorter than I am used to, but no complaints in either comfort or performance.
I also had my best lather yet with the SV soap - bowl-lathering and long slow hydration seems to be the key for me.
Finished with my first use of Knize Forest. Knize Ten is my favourite leather fragrance, so I was pumped to get hold of its fougère stablemate. It has a sharper pine notes that Creed GIT or APR Suitably Attired Australian, but there are many similarities to both in the first hour, including a beautiful balance of green herbs and citrus. The dry down has hints of wood and musk, but unlike some others, it retains its original green fougère character, with unmistakable oakmoss coming through to beautifully cap off the "Forest" theme. What an interesting fragrance!

The SAS sample is a winner for me @todras - Green Irish Tweed style scent with a good dosing of menthol. Perfect. Loved it so much I added a full sized bottle to my order from Con today !

I wore both the splash and the EDP today, despite my reservations of it being a little to boisterous for my personality I found it very enjoyable, I think it will see a lot of use over the warmer months. The re-design to dampen the brighter notes of GIT with other things for more depth I am thinking was a very good idea - particularly the wood notes and I found them really nice.

In haven't bought a modern razorin 5 years, I might give a try to this Mingshi Futur. I read that they are nearly impossible to differenciate from the original and that the quality is as good.

Brush: Proraso
Razor: PAA Alpha Ecliptic / Mingshi 2000s
Blade: Super Max
Lather: Shaving Factory mystery soap
Post: Suavecito Menthol Vanishing Cream / Baber Shoppe Aftershave Balm
Fragrance: Playboy VIP

Swapped the PAA Alpha Ecliptic after first pass as it's way too aggressive for my liking :( Finished off using the Mingshi 2000s for the first time and could see why it was so popular

----------------

Gillette Slim 1967
Schick Super Stainless 60's
Arko Shave Stick
Alum Bloc
Aqua Velva Musk

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock 'Black' (1)
Brush: P&C (Tony Forsyth) LE 2017 24mm bulb Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Nice to be home after a trip across the country and back which ended up being a lot busier than planned - one more day trip to Sydney and then I'm done for the year!

I've said it before and I will say it again, with @SchoolForAnts at Squadron Soap, @Tony Forsyth with his fine brush work, @todras and his APR range and the possibility of @Anthony coming back with a limited range of Shaver Heaven we are well catered for with local products...

24004057387_deab414753_c.jpg

Pre: Coconut Oil
Soap: Pb Black Spruce
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super
AS: Pb The Black Spruce
I don't think I've had a bad shave off the Black Hawk yet. Always in the travel kit. Only reason I don't pull it out at home is because the General and Asylum Rx fill the SE role there.

xEHa8JL.jpg

La Toja Pre Shave
Paladin
WolfmanG/UFO GOLiATH
Feather
Eurfros Cítricos Shaving Soap
Eurfros Cítricos Aftershave Balm
Chatillon Lux Fourth & Pine Aftershave
AP Reserve Fresca EDP

In haven't bought a modern razorin 5 years, I might give a try to this Mingshi Futur. I read that they are nearly impossible to differenciate from the original and that the quality is as good.

----------------

Gillette Slim 1967
Schick Super Stainless 60's
Arko Shave Stick
Alum Bloc
Aqua Velva Musk
@ Maxime D Having never used the Merkur Futur I was sceptical getting the Mingshi as I was expecting to receive a large, heavy piece of junk but to my surprise the razor was light and had none of the quality control issues that some other buyers have had. For what you pay it's good value so here's hoping your copy comes without any issues. Happy shaves!

Fatip Grande Nickel
Gillette "Aussie Spoiler" blade (7)
Cella
Omega 48
Re-lather and rinse

Another 3 pass BBS but this blade still feels a little harsh for me when going ATG. But my face is not as raw as yesterday so I'm concluding Cella is a step up over Razorock P.160 for my use. Blade is starting to tug earlier than I am used to so that might be the end of this one.

Brush: Proraso
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Super Max
Lather: Shaving Factory mystery soap
Post: Suavecito Menthol Vanishing Cream / Rockwell Aftershave Balm

Date: 07 December 2017 "SOTN"

Pre: - Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush: - RazoRock Plissoft "BEEHIVE" Synth. 28/63mm knot
Lather: - Route 66 ~ Bourbon Jungle 6x
Bowl: - Captain's Choice
Razor: - Colonial Razors ~ General SS
Blade: - Feather Professional Super #5
Post: - Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'clock 'Black' (2)
Brush: P&C (Tony Forsyth) LE 2017 24mm bulb Platypus shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

I will admit that on first use I had a question mark over this scent. Performance was great as usual but the scent I was not sure about. Obviously it is very subjective and personal but the passion fruit was a little out of the box for me. It has grown on me :)

VFtYzBF.jpg

Chatillon Lux Pre Shave
TSW 2B
WolfmanG/UFO GOLiATH
Feather
WK+CL Yuzu Rose Patchouli
Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Salve
Chatillon Lux Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli Aftershave
AP Reserve Junos Royale EDP

Status
Not open for further replies.