Status
Not open for further replies.
20170104_SOTD_S_Sep_zpsdrfvdhho.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm Synthetic
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-shave: Alum, Stirling Coniferous, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Wednesday 4 January 2017

SOTD-04012016.jpg

Mastro Livi Stripes CarboInox Italy, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point

New year, new trip. This time I brought with me a special Mastro Livi razor: a Stripes CarboInox blade with poplar scales having an Italian flag insert made of jade, fossil mammoth ivory and coral. A superb straight razor, a breathtaking beauty, a stellar shaver! Mastro Livi Stripes CarboInox is incredibly beautiful with its alternation of stripes in stainless steel and carbon steel combined together thanks to Mastro Livi's majestic craftsmanship skill. As for the quality of shave, it has been super smooth giving a close shave thanks to the legendary Mastro Livi's honing skill. An incredible straight razor combining beauty and technique for a masterpiece of unparalleled beauty. By the way: this time I also brought with me the exclusive Mastro Livi shave towel, very handy when you travel.​
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Aquagena Shaving Soap
  • Brush: Omega Professional 48
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Travel Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Stripes CarboInox Italy, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Mennen Blue

10d1c90d9345354b23ec6657b11cc9fd.jpg

Pre: Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris Best Badger H3
Soap: Mike's Natural Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Razor: ATT Kronos open comb M2
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Silver (3)
A/S: B&M Reserve Cool

Two shaves with the same set-up whilst on a holiday stay. This soap/razor/blade setup is working really well for me. Very comfortable and close shaves, with lovely post-shave feel. The B&M Reserve aftershaves work great for me straight after the Emulsion, I think due to the lower alcohol strength.

I've had plenty to worry about in the last 36 hours. My beautiful Staffie bitch (who took quite a shine to @Mark1966 when he visited a few months back) tangled with a Tiger Snake and came off second best. A 16kg dog envenomated by some of the Planet's nastiest neurotoxins and haemotoxins does not present a good prognosis.
A rush to the emergency vet, followed by 24 hours of anti-venom infusions and a river of saline, and the brave little girl pulled through. What a warrior! And here she is, looking a bit out of sorts but also out of danger.

4fc0859bf7c3768d704622eaa19a94de.jpg

u3K03bi.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Klenzo b985
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Mystic Water White Tea & Ginger Shave Soap
APR White Tea & Ginger Aftershave Balm
APR White Tea & Ginger Aftershave

It's always like returning to an old friend breaking out the Mystic Water and the White Tea & Ginger is one of my favourites. The usual two passes, the same great lather and fantastic sweet ginger scent and certainly no complaints from me. Took the Klenzo for a canter, it's a nice brush to use having decent backbone and being nice and gentle on the face.

Have a bloody good day you blokes :)

Razor: Darwin Standard Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (8)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak, reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Razor Master Juha Shaving Soap
Post-shave:
N/A

Inspired by @stillshunter I took some Razor Master for a spin. It is pretty good!

Got sidetracked and no post shave - AHHHH!

Glad to hear your Staffie is recovering @TomG - a lovely dog :)

I've had plenty to worry about in the last 36 hours. My beautiful Staffie bitch (who took quite a shine to @Mark1966 when he visited a few months back) tangled with a Tiger Snake and came off second best. A 16kg dog envenomated by some of the Planet's nastiest neurotoxins and haemotoxins does not present a good prognosis.
A rush to the emergency vet, followed by 24 hours of anti-venom infusions and a river of saline, and the brave little girl pulled through. What a warrior! And here she is, looking a bit out of sorts but also out of danger.

4fc0859bf7c3768d704622eaa19a94de.jpg

Good on here. All my best to her hey.
Dogs, they really are the best people.

u3K03bi.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
Klenzo b985
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Mystic Water White Tea & Ginger Shave Soap
APR White Tea & Ginger Aftershave Balm
APR White Tea & Ginger Aftershave

It's always like returning to an old friend breaking out the Mystic Water and the White Tea & Ginger is one of my favourites. The usual two passes, the same great lather and fantastic sweet ginger scent and certainly no complaints from me. Took the Klenzo for a canter, it's a nice brush to use having decent backbone and being nice and gentle on the face.

Have a bloody good day you blokes :)

Agree Mate - the White Tea and Ginger is a beautifully soothing scent and face feel.

iqhVwaj.gif

Date: 05 January 2017

Brush: - Semogue SOC Boar in Cherry Wood 24/55mm
Lather: - Arko Shaving Soap
Razor: - RazoRock Mission
Blade: - Perma-Sharp Super #3
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Nivea Original Aftershave Splash
Fragrance: - YSL L’Homme EDT

And @todras thank you ;)(y):censored:

I had lots of deliveries today and a funeral to go to so it's been pretty hectic. Always time for a proper shave though...

Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (second use)
Soap: Wolfpac Silk Road (first use)
Brush: Wolfpac Finest Badger (first use)
Aftershave: Melizia Uomo
Cologne: Cerruti 1881 (first use)
Bowl: Greenpike Special

20170105_152925.jpg

Thoughts:
- Wolfpac Spice Road is a hard puck that's thirsty but it lathers easily and very well. Excellent slickness and good cushion. Scent is manly and really clovey. It would marry particularly well with Old Spice or the Wahl Finest Barber Bay Rum I have but the scent doesn't linger so any aftershave is fine. For $20 and cheap postage this is a great product. I will be getting the others in the range and I hope lots of people give them a go: http://www.wolfpacshaving.com.au/
- Wolfpac Finest Badger Brush - soft but with good backbone and considering it's a first use I am really happy. I could not believe how much water a badger brush absorbs compared with my Semogue boar. Looking forward to getting acquainted with it.
- I adore the New razor. I do not get any nicks or weepers and this is nimble in my hands.
- Malizia is just a wonderful aftershave. The vetyver scent grows on you after a few applications - don't decide if you like it after the very first splash. The dry down is something I now look forward to. It gets compliments.
- Cerutti 1881 is a great cologne for a hot day where you'll be hugging lots of people. Very people friendly. A bay rum bang didn't seem appropriate today.

Razor: Darwin Standard Razor
Blade: Wilkinson Sword 'Light Brigade' (8)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Culmak, reknotted in TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Razor Master Juha Shaving Soap
Post-shave:
N/A

Inspired by @stillshunter I took some Razor Master for a spin. It is pretty good!

Got sidetracked and no post shave - AHHHH!

Glad to hear your Staffie is recovering @TomG - a lovely dog :)

Cheers @Mark1966 - she is doing well.

- I adore the New razor. I do not get any nicks or weepers and this is nimble in my hands.

The NEW head is a great design, try it on a handle like the Bren from The Stray Whisker - sensational!

I have recently changed up my routine just a bit....

Razor: N1 Slim (5)
Blade: Gillette Platinum, 1970's NOS UK made (probably 8-9 on the clock)
Soap: @Barrister & Mann Le Petit Chypre
Brush: Plissitane

Gotta say I am enjoying the Slim again, and these old English Plats are what are meant to go into the Slims. Amazing shaves, only just starting to feel it on the neck during the semi-XTG pass.

The B&M LPC splash is on hiatus during the sunnier months due to the AHA's in it which increase UV sensitivity of the skin.

I had lots of deliveries today and a funeral to go to so it's been pretty hectic. Always time for a proper shave though...

Razor: Gillette New Long Comb
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (second use)
Soap: Wolfpac Silk Road (first use)
Brush: Wolfpac Finest Badger (first use)
Aftershave: Melizia Uomo
Cologne: Cerruti 1881 (first use)
Bowl: Greenpike Special

20170105_152925.jpg

Thoughts:
- Wolfpac Spice Road is a hard puck that's thirsty but it lathers easily and very well. Excellent slickness and good cushion. Scent is manly and really clovey. It would marry particularly well with Old Spice or the Wahl Finest Barber Bay Rum I have but the scent doesn't linger so any aftershave is fine. For $20 and cheap postage this is a great product. I will be getting the others in the range and I hope lots of people give them a go: http://www.wolfpacshaving.com.au/
- Wolfpac Finest Badger Brush - soft but with good backbone and considering it's a first use I am really happy. I could not believe how much water a badger brush absorbs compared with my Semogue boar. Looking forward to getting acquainted with it.
- Malizia is just a wonderful aftershave. The vetyver scent grows on you after a few applications - don't decide if you like it after the very first splash. The dry down is something I now look forward to. It gets compliments.
- Cerutti 1881 is a great cologne for a hot day where you'll be hugging lots of people. Very people friendly. A bay rum bang didn't seem appropriate today.
Great review @Greenpike. Are you able to share what other soaps you regularly use and enjoy? Perhaps your top 5 or so and indicate where this soap would sit on that list?

uFAztYY.jpg

Pre: Hot Water Splash
Brush: TF Custom Shaving Brush 26mm Silvertip
Soap/Cream: Cosmo
Razor: Rockwell 6S (Plate 3)
Blade: VoskhodTeflon Coated
Post-shave: Hot/Cold Splash, Cosmo Serum, Cosmo Aftershave.​
I have not got the knack yet to best describe the scents for soaps, balms and aftershaves/Cologne's so I am not even going to attempt too. However what I will say is tonight's shave was the most enjoyable shave I have had since starting on the wet shaving path. Everything was just right. The soap was awesome took a little work but the slick & cushioning lather was absolutely awesome. I had a WTG, XTG, and ATG passes and I must say my face felt the best it has ever felt after the three passes. No redness or irritation which is a first and absolutely no sting to the face applying the serum or the aftershave. I am sitting at my office desk now taking in and enjoying the very subtle Cosmo scents.
Definitely products I look forward to obtaining more of and using on a more regular basis :D And as usual the good old Rockwell 6S done an awesome clean job yet again.
Cheers
Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.