Shave of the Day Thread - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
605fbacbf7dd9a9f920957b191c6eea5.jpg

Permasharp (2)
Rockwell (5)

Finding the setting 5 on the Rockwell pretty good as a daily driver surprisingly. Maybe my technique has improved since I first tried this setting. Almost makes me think that a 95 timeless might be ok.

Seriously this is in my top 3 soaps. Love the spicy vanilla oakmoss combo.

On the road again, oh I hate being on the road again ...

Just want a decent shave, just want to have some choice, I can't wait to get off the road again

605fbacbf7dd9a9f920957b191c6eea5.jpg

Permasharp (2)
Rockwell (5)

Finding the setting 5 on the Rockwell pretty good as a daily driver surprisingly. Maybe my technique has improved since I first tried this setting. Almost makes me think that a 95 timeless might be ok.

Seriously this is in my top 3 soaps. Love the spicy vanilla oakmoss combo.

Hahah !! The Timless was still available when I last looked ;)Go on you know you want too !!!!

g20ioV6.jpg

La Toja Pre
SJOL 26mm
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
Truefitt & Hill 1805
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Aftershave Balm
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Aftershave
Truefitt & Hill 1805 Cologne

A thoroughly enjoyable Thursday shave, another glycerin based cream with a very slick lather, top points for the post shave feel too. Two passes then on with the accoutrements, pleasing.

Have a smashing day you chaps :penguin:
Very impressive @todras - a shaving "quadrella" of soap/balm/splash/cologne of the same type - surely some kind of record mate!! Well done :D

lltN9GH.jpg

LEA cream punches above it's price. Great smooth shave from the Bengall I found at a friends. Anyone know what the NAMDAC inscription is from?
Couldn't agree more on the Lea cream. Just bought a tube after being impressed by a sample. It performs really well, and a nice menthol kick to boot.

Preshave: Hot water splash
Razor/Blade: ATT Kronos (0.58) & Voskhod (6th Shave)
Brush: TF Custom 26mm Synthetic
Soap: B&M Dickens
Post shave: Hot water splash, Cold water splash, Bloc d Alun, Witch Hazel,
Aftershave/Cologne: B&M Dickens

Spent 3 1/2 hrs whipper snipping mowing and trimming hedges in the midday heat of the day whats wrong with me !!! Anyway it was a good excuse for a nice shower and a shave as the B&M arrived from @Sxot thanks mate.
Loaded the synthetic wet the face and start lathering it was so good. The ATT and the Voskhod continue to give a nice clean shave and the Synthetic just keeps on performing.
All in all a nice way to finish off the afternoon.

1vOJZqE.jpg

20170216_SOTD_S_Frame_zpsaq3mepc2.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (2)
Brush: Morris & Forndran Tigris
Lather: Squadron Soaps Unscented
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Lovely shave today with the unscented Squadron Soaps sample that @SchoolForAnts generously made of for me (y)

The lather was great (picture here) - the soap is dead easy to lather and very stable. It provides a great cushion and lots of glide. I couldn't get in as much water as I like, but that is just me being extra picky. Were it absolutely shines though is in the post-shave department: FANTASTIC! I assume this is due to the Lanolin in the formula? In any case, I would put this soap in par with the likes of B&M - great product @SchoolForAnts (y)

9f299965d8420ad18b6ef6bb82d164ed.jpg

Brush: M7
Razor: Wilkinson Sticky
Blade: Vintage Personna
Cream: Groomed
A/S: Groomed Balm
Cologne: D.R. Harris Lavender Water

Fantastic shave from the Groomed cream. Lathers quickly and easily with great cushion, glide and post shave feel.

Shower
Gillette Blue 2 (6)
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes
Platypus Brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

One more round with the disposable and it's still a good result - DFS in 2 passes. It's amazing how well these things work when you know how to use them, as well as how to make decent lather. Which this soap did pretty well today - I couldn't complain about the soap or the brush. I do notice however that badger brushes hold more lather in the knot while boars seem to leave more on the face. Could just be my impression though - when I squeeze the knot at the end I get a lot of lather, leaving me wondering where that soap was beforehand when I wanted it on my face! But my reference is a shorter lofted boar (proraso brush) so that probably makes the most difference.

Nice work @Snooze - do I recall you had a Feather SS as well or was that someone else? How do you find the DX vs the SS version?

BTW going XTG or ATG is fine for me with my DX - no more damage than WTG, particularly on a blade that already has a few runs on the board. Super Pro blade, lowest possible angle and a light touch = one great ATG shave - give it a try!

Another day, another hotel ...

Home tonight and they drive back to Sydney tomorrow for a family event! #norestforthewicked

Status
Not open for further replies.