Status
Not open for further replies.
sotd%20170225_zpswuxaym8g.jpg

Pre:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, DR Harris Arlington
Brush: P&C LE Platypus 2017
Soap: Mikes Natural Soaps Lime
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat #22/66
Blade: Vintage English Gillette Platinum (2)
Splash: APR bois de santal citron vert verveine

Shave was a bit rough tonight. Close enough, but lots of blade feel and I felt I couldn't go too close without irritation.
Three passes still produced a DFS, but wasn't entirely happy, despite using one of my favourite soaps.
I've noticed such behaviour previously with vintage blades - they often smooth out and are at their best from shaves 3 to 8. Was discussing this recently with @eggbert, who has had similar experience.

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (1)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: P&B Spitfire shaving soap
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu
Cologne: P&B Spitfire solid cologne

Up, up and away this morning on a 'Deluxe Air Experience' with the Canberra Gliding club - a birthday present from last year I'm only now getting around to using. So an aeronautical theme in the shave this morning (even the Bren gun was used as an AA weapon at times)

The shave? Oh, that was great as usual. The NEW goes well on the great handle from @shavetheman and the P&B soap and cologne is great, well done @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau, lather shot here for those into that - Lather Shots

If I don't post again you will know why - I loves youse all ...

WqkjcxX.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Boots Manchurian
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
APR Soap Testing
APR General Ledger Aftershave Balm
APR General Ledger Aftershave
APR General Ledger EDP

A very relaxed and laid back start to Sunday with plenty of good coffee.

Have a good day chaps and enjoy your shaves (y)

Brush: Maggards synthetic
Soap: TTF, Spring Fern
Razor: Rockwell 6s (6,6,2)
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Post Shave: Thayers, Nivea

After one week of using the 6s I have been really impressed. It feels smooth on any plate, just one small weeper XTG on 6 under the nose today, probably 4,4,2 would be the ideal for me.

Following an early morning swim and a fine shave I feel almost ready to face the grocery shopping this morning.

Enjoy your Sunday

Pre: Cold water splash
Blade: Parker 567 5/8 Full
Brush: Chubby 2 Best

Lovely shave for a lazy Sunday morning. Lather was poorly built (see above re lazy) so a little irritation. Result was excellent though with a top shelf face feel.

Coming back to the forum the last few weeks and reading through the SOTD thread in particular has really re invigorated my thoughts on shaving.
All the great new and old products out there I want to try.
I had been stuck in the rut of the same razor, same blade same brush same soap till it's finished routine, despite the full cupboard of goods.
Well done lads keep the SOTDs coming!!!

Razor: Rockwell 6S (3)
Blade: Permasharp (3)
Brush: TF Custom Omega 49
Soap: Squadron Shave Soap Spitfire
Aftershave: Fine Italian Citrus
Balm: Nivea Sensitive

Great holiday shave this morning:
Thanks @Tony Forsyth Custom handle on the Omega 49 is fantastic the photo does not do the colours in the handle justice.
Thanks to @SchoolForAnts Andy from Squadron shave soaps excellent performance from the soap highly recommend top tier soap.

IMG_2789 by cranky, on Flickr

IMG_2790 by cranky, on Flickr

Full_Size_Render_5.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6S - 3
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Boar
Soap: B&M Cheshire

Just a nice one-pass today and a more relaxing day at home after a very busy Saturday.
A new puck of Cheshire soap and a new batch of coffee.
Ah, Sunday…… :happy:

WqkjcxX.jpg

Musgo Glyce
Boots Manchurian
ATT Colossus R1
Feather
APR Soap Testing
APR General Ledger Aftershave Balm
APR General Ledger Aftershave
APR General Ledger EDP

A very relaxed and laid back start to Sunday with plenty of good coffee.

Have a good day chaps and enjoy your shaves (y)

Nice pic and nice label in the background ...

Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW 'Bren' handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette Super Stainless 'M4' 1967 (1)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch Simpson '46' reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: P&B Spitfire shaving soap
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu
Cologne: P&B Spitfire solid cologne

Up, up and away this morning on a 'Deluxe Air Experience' with the Canberra Gliding club - a birthday present from last year I'm only now getting around to using. So an aeronautical theme in the shave this morning (even the Bren gun was used as an AA weapon at times)

The shave? Oh, that was great as usual. The NEW goes well on the great handle from @shavetheman and the P&B soap and cologne is great, well done @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau, lather shot here for those into that - Lather Shots

If I don't post again you will know why - I loves youse all ...

What goes up ...

Must go back down there ...

Don't touch anything red or yellow I was told and it will all be fine, and I'm back posting so it must have been.

Now, I did get to do a couple of turns myself, and I was wearing the P&B Spitfire cologne - does that make me a Spitfire pilot? ;)

20170226_SOTD_S_GraphNov_zpssiyklqu4.jpg

Pre-Shave: Cypriotian Olive/Argan Oil soap, cold water
Razor: ATT S-1 Colossus
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mike's Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Post-shave: Alum, Barrister & Man Kyovu Original, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wonderful Sunday luxury shave a some stellar Mike's lather (picture here). Hope you all enjoy your Sunday (y)

09wXzn5.jpg

February 26th, 2017

Muhle R41
Voskhod
Semogue Owners Club 2 Band Badger
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements "Gondolier"

First go with the Muhle R41 which was generously PIFed to me by @Cris. I have heard a lot about this razor (hasn't everyone?) and I have to admit that when I first looked at it I became a little scared. It looks like a scarily aggressive razor without a blade loaded. On top of that I had only a days growth and was therefore concerned that I had not enough for such an aggressive looking razor. Having decided that I needed a great quality lather that I knew would be nice and protective I went for the PAA which has the added benefit of having a sensational scent to it. Whether you are a PAA fan or not you must admit that Douglas is exceptional at making scents that work. Having created a great lather I apprehensively loaded the blade and as soon as I did the razor suddenly looked very tame. There was very little blade showing and the blade gap did not appear to be that much. I had already been warned that this was the case however and therefore I proceeded with great caution. On the face this razor does feel aggressive. This is not one of those amazingly efficient razors that hardly let you know that there is a blade loaded, quite the opposite in fact, this is an exceptionally efficient razor that makes sure that you know that there is a blade loaded. I was constantly conscious of applying good technique and no pressure throughout the shave. 3 passes and the smallest of touch ups and I was rewarded with a very close BBS shave and no weepers, cuts, nicks or trips to the emergency ward. On top of that no irritation and minimal sting from the alum areas that are generally prone to such feedback.

The razor strikes me as being a very good way of ensuring your technique is spot on. You can tell when using it that the razor is going to well and truly let you know about it if you mess about. The razor would definitely suit those with thick and coarse beards that need that extra level of aggressiveness to tame them.

Members participating in the "P&C Travelling Box" are going to be lucky enough to find out for themselves as the razor will be making it's way to @Mark1966 this week for inclusion in the box. I am very much looking forward to hearing some reviews and also seeing who is brave enough to give it a go!

Status
Not open for further replies.