Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
AEhVVBT.jpg

GyfoshEl.jpg

First time using the Stirling Soap and it was very chilly! Not completely sure I nailed the lather but it certainly left my skin feeling nice post shave.
Had the R3 and R1 plates in today after a bit of razor burn yesterday.

GyfoshEl.jpg

First time using the Stirling Soap and it was very chilly! Not completely sure I nailed the lather but it certainly left my skin feeling nice post shave.
Had the R3 and R1 plates in today after a bit of razor burn yesterday.
@tim33z if you just ride the top cap you won't any razor burn and you won't have any issue with the Rockwell.......okie dokie (y)

Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
EJ silvertip fibre V1 23mm
Speick soap
Anherb balm

Fantastic shave once again on the R4 plate. No discomfort, just smoothness!!

Speick is my old faithful. Top tier performance, wonderful scent and just plain awesome!!

@tim33z if you just ride the top cap you won't any razor burn and you won't have any issue with the Rockwell.......okie dokie (y)
Sorry but this advice regarding “riding the top cap” that keeps getting bandied about here is absolute nonsense IMO. In my experience it will not work well for most and certainly not the Rockwell 6s. The key is the angle of attack relative to how the blade is held by the razor. I have generally found that less of an angle (handle closer to the face) works well with most modern DE’s which is quite the opposite to what is being suggested above.

Sorry but this advice regarding “riding the top cap” that keeps getting bandied about here is absolute nonsense IMO. In my experience, it will not work well for most and certainly not the Rockwell 6s. The key is the angle of attack relative to how the blade is held by the razor. I have generally found that less of an angle (handle closer to the face) works well with most modern DE’s which is quite the opposite to what is being suggested above.
I understand what you're saying @nsavage I do own both Rockwell razors 6S and 6C (White Chrome and Gunmetal), I don't have any issue riding the top cap during my shaves using all my safety razors as YMMV as everybody is different. I was just being helpful with @tim33z that all.

Thanks @SpeedyPC but I had an embarrassing blunder yesterday where I reversed the plate and failed to tighten the handle. This resulted in a bad shave on my neck until realising what I’d done! :confused:

I wasn’t going to even shave this morning until the Maggards order was waiting for me yesterday afternoon!

Sorry but this advice regarding “riding the top cap” that keeps getting bandied about here is absolute nonsense IMO. In my experience it will not work well for most and certainly not the Rockwell 6s. The key is the angle of attack relative to how the blade is held by the razor. I have generally found that less of an angle (handle closer to the face) works well with most modern DE’s which is quite the opposite to what is being suggested above.

Strongly Agree.

Riding the top cap is complete nonsense with any modern DE, you do that with any serious razor and you are in for a world of hurt and irritation.

Date: 14 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Derby (3 shave sticks grated into a 150ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

My mother has a buyer if they sign the contract sooner before Auction day on the 5th May (fingers cross) as told by the Real Estate agent so they don't have to wait until Auction day, my mother told me she had 12 contracts who are interested buying the house, 10 contracts are below the market value on the house and 2 contracts are break-even market value on the house so far.

Good luck. it looks good, specially with two potential ones are right enough (is what break-even market? I don't fully understood these words, but looks that means ok). whenever something can be reasonably fixed out of public auctions, or trials, courts, is better, but you need a good legal agent or laywer.
i don't know Australian way, but is tipycal in other countries I know that people try to invest the less on defending their rigths, while the other part will go to a high investment (ie. a big company) and that does not normally work.
Best of luck for you and your mum, and the best for rehabilitation of your father, he has suffer as much as you on those years, though he is not an innocent like your mom or you!
Best
Fer

I also find that riding the cap gives me better shaves on the neck. Not so much on the cheeks or chin, however.
I understand as riding the cap works for me throughout my whole shaves, I never get any razor burns or irritation or bloodbath, as I said before YMMV because everybody head shape is different and also there map layout stubble profile on their faces is also completely different.

IMAG0080.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Parker Variant (2, 1, 1)
Blade: Personna Blue (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Squadron Soap Warden
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil & PAA Atomic travel aftershave

A super smooth, slick, delightful SOTD :woot: Have a greater Sunday with many happy shaves!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All splash
Fragrance: Qantas codeshare on China Eastern economy class to PVG

I will not have time in the morning to post - so in advance my last shave in Australia for a little while so it had to be this one. With the Commonwealth Games in full swing - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in 'pure'
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) & Squadron Soap LE Australians All splash
Fragrance: Qantas codeshare on China Eastern economy class to PVG

I will not have time in the morning to post - so in advance my last shave in Australia for a little while so it had to be this one. With the Commonwealth Games in full swing - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

This is not dissimilar to ball tampering! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.