Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shower
Rockwell 6S (4) with Lord Racer blade (4)
Omega 49
DR Harris Eucalyptus Cream
Nivea AS

Another fantastic shave. Getting some use out of the eucalyptus before the weather turns too cold. The mild summer has meant this and my Proraso Green haven't seen much use.

Brush: maggard synth
Razor:6s(4)
Blade 6 o'clock yellow(3)
Soap:Stirling grapefruit
Splash: Australians all.
Just a quick shave before work but something just worked for one of the closest and irritation free shaves for a long time

Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Razorock Bruce synth
Bath House - Cuban Cedar & Lime
Anherb balm

One of my all time favorite soap scents. It's bright, tangy, musky and slightly woody...brilliant!!

I've been using the R4 plate with great success. I used to find it a bit harsh on the skin but haven't had any issues lately.

Perhaps the improved condition of my skin has something to do with it as I've been using a hyaluronic acid + vitamin C serum.

Get yourself a 3D printer, knock out a plate 4 head, bung it on any old handle - instant SOTD material!

You need to bore the absolute bastard out of some of those old Simpsons and ream a 40mm FS knot straight into them, now THAT would be SOTD material.

You need to bore the absolute bastard out of some of those old Simpsons and ream a 40mm FS knot straight into them, now THAT would be SOTD material.

Wow, what random use of capitalisation - what has come over you Dan? :whistle:

Friday shave reddish/Spanish one:

razor: Seygus extreme (red and Spanish (y))
blade: Astra green (not spanish, neither red (n))
brush: BSB2 silvertip (Spanish and not red :unsure:)
soap: La toja stick (Use to be Spanish, and red :whistle:)
splash: Floid mentolado suave (Spanish, and mostly red'ish :whistle:)

knN3lcS.jpg

I could have make it a bit more Spanish with some eufros or byLuna soaps, but they are not red (and are samples, not full tubes). La Toja is lately manufactured in eastern Europe, but I have checked some online stores like TSW or Maggard and it is consistently sold as a Spanish made product, so it should qualify for :)

Good shave. I am tempted to give a proper end to Floid. that is, use it till I finish it, but then I will miss it. I think it can give me still a few uses, so it may remain around.

First experience with a Fine soap. It apparently has the same soap base as Tabac, and the lather I generated seemed consistent with this claim. Very creamy and slick.

He made that claim when it first was formulated (his aim was to replicate the tobac formulation) the consensus though at the time was that Tabac was a little better which I would generally agree with although its probably splitting hairs a little tbh. I do like the fine soaps though a great deal, they produce a very good lather that is always consistent.

Semogue 1305
MWF
Mingshi
Polsilver
Witch Hazel
Nivea
Old Spice Musk

Faux Futur Friday: New Polsilver in the Mingshi and set on 5 for the first pass which just mowed through the stubble effortlessly.Great lather and second pass set on two for XTG cheeks and ATG on neck/throat.I only ever go WTG under nose but varied angle attacks on the chin. Small weeper on voice box because Polsilvers insist one pays full attention,otherwise a very nice shave with no irritation.

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney Badger/Boar combination
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lightning Ridge EDP

Nice ...

Date: 14 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Derby (3 shave sticks grated into a 150ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #5
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

My mother has a buyer if they sign the contract sooner before Auction day on the 5th May (fingers cross) as told by the Real Estate agent so they don't have to wait until Auction day, my mother told me she had 12 contracts who are interested buying the house, 10 contracts are below the market value on the house and 2 contracts are break-even market value on the house so far.

Last edited:
O1axWqBh.jpg

Soap: Washpool Bergamot, Cedarwood and Patchouli
Brush: Omega 10019 Boar
Razor: Thiers Issard Bijou de France
Was looking forward to the Washpool as I haven't used it for ages. Different lather to what I've been using, thicker and a little fattier. Worked fine w/ the TI and left good face feel.
Had small amount of rain last night so it was good to feel some moisture underfoot instead of dry crispness.

Status
Not open for further replies.