AP Reserve Winterfall Soap/Splash/EDP

1. Preshave: Shiner Gold
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Phoenix Accoutrements, Ox Blood Bakelite, Open Comb Slant
  4. Soap: RazoRock, Razorocktober
  5. Brush: Omega boar
  6. Postshave: RazoRock Don Marco aftershave Milk
  7. Earworm: Hello Sunshine, The Super Furry Animals
A bit rushed this morning due my son throwing his porridge all over the floor. Lesson learned do not trust a 2 year old to feed themselves porridge that is hotter than lava. Decent shave though, although I do find this razor to be too light. I am okay with the small handle, but for me I find it slipping out of my hand.

Date: 18 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- La Toja (3 shave sticks grated into a 150ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #7
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Do not misunderstand, it's not that the guy just does not like the smell, it actually sends him into a bit of a hay fever spin. Sniffing, sneezing and blowing his nose. It would be a bit of a dick move to pretend to not know what was going on and continue to wear it every day.

You're a good guy for caring!!
As an allergy sufferer, I can't begin to explain how miserable it is when someone's perfume sets me off!

Coconut oil pre-shave
Progress XL w/Polsilver
Omega boar
MWF
Anherb balm

I'm finding more and more the condition of my skin, namely dryness, determines how my shave will go.

I used to think it was just about lather and blade but after lots of testing of variables, I have concluded that skin dryness will give a sub-par shave...not only the end result but also the level of comfort reduces during the shave.

Today I rubbed in a few drops of coconut oil before my shower and found the shave to be more comfortable and closer, and that too on the 7th shave on the Polsilver!

Can't say I enjoyed the boar much. I think I'll stick to my synthetics.

QeoRR9yl.jpg

Semogue 1800, Mondial Florence, Parker 34R, Polsilver, Witch Hazel, Nivea, Viet Cheapie Fougere
For the last couple of months I have noticed the word "cushion" used in reference to soaps and I didn't really understand until today what it meant.Using the Parker I noticed the lack of something with the Mondial.It is a great soap,yet it is not a great straight razor soap.Yeah the Parker isn't a "real" straight,but the basics are there and I could feel the difference between this soap and the MWF and Haslinger.It was a good shave,two passes and a close result,there was a little irritation on my chin,but I could tell that there was something not there.Just not enough cushion and if not enough for the Parker,then definitely not for the traditional straights.Will relegate this for DE specific use.

dX8mrvJ.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Fantastic first shave back home - the BBS-1 took off four days of growth with ease. The shave experience was definitely enhanced by some stellar Mike's lather and it does feel great to finally feel some lovely Paladin badger hair on my face again!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday - great to be back (y)

dX8mrvJ.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Sumo Lapis
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

Fantastic first shave back home - the BBS-1 took off four days of growth with ease. The shave experience was definitely enhanced by some stellar Mike's lather and it does feel great to finally feel some lovely Paladin badger hair on my face again!

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday - great to be back (y)
Great to have you back mate. A few in the lather thread have been lonely :)

April 18, 2018

5yGa2gel.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Brad Sears Magistrate in Passionate Pink - 30mm 2-band 1801A2B Select Badger
Razor: Razorock Aluminum "Black Hawk"
Blade: Feather Pro (1)
Lather: Chatillon Lux/Tallow + Steel - Vide Poche - Soap
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche - Aftershave
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux - Vide Poche - Eau De Parfum

Status
Not open for further replies.