Not open for further replies.
RWvUMhxl.jpg

APR Ozymandias
ABC Boar
Symmetrical Bacon
PILS - Polsilver
APR Ozymandias AS
APR Ozymandias EDP

It’s going to be about 16c today so I’m going to go for an over application of APR Ozymandias

lx0cbnql.jpg

Semogue Boar, MWF, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Old Spice Musk
I know it's Friday and should be using the Faux Futur but school holidays has thrown my internal calendar out,meaning I thought it was Saturday.Had a decent two pass shave though not excellent.Lather was pretty good and noticed the cushion today now that I have finally clicked as to what it is.MWF can get a little dry by the time I have shaved one side of face and neck/throat so just need to dab the brush in water and rehydrate the area to be worked on.Getting quicker with the straights and down to around twenty minutes with cleanup now.
Been an odd week,no training as hall is shut for repairs which has not helped with remembering the day and we usually only have two weeks off a year over Christmas so getting a little "antsy" as are the kids.Did some weapon work for an hour or so but not the same as being with a group.Hopefully have a couple of hours with Sifu in Lismore tomorrow if all goes well.

IMG_20180420_134824-01.jpg

So to today's shave. Decided to do a bit of reading on the Parker so now tried it on "7" with a Feather and this is a different beast altogether. There's a world of aggressiveness that is available and my opinion of it has "bloomed" so to speak. Interested to see how soon the BBS gets stubble with this combo. Lots of weepers this time because I thought I knew the razor. Hahahaha. I needed APR as an aftershave today along with alum.

Also first use with my T&S Maya and what an interesting scent! Coffee and the tropics. I'm a sucker for strong scents and this ticked the boxes. Very good performance besides residual slickness but this is just a sample so I don't think it's a completely fair test in that way. Nice complimentary scent pairing with Borked by @todras .

Date: 20 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- La Toja (3 shave sticks grated into a 150ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C (R4) / Vintage Wilkinson Sword Stainless Super Sword-Edge #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Finally, at last, the house has been sold before Auction day the paperwork has been signed, my mother buys her unit closer to my brother and my father moves to a DVA retirement village somewhere in Narrabeen, until my father is fit enough while he's still in the Sydney Clinic mental hospital for PTSD and other issues until further notices. The bad news is my father has prostate cancer so he's going to have treatment for his cancer which is another heavy blow for all of us he'll be transfer to another hospital soon, I've got a funny feeling he may not want to carry out the treatment for the Prostate cancer, will have to wait and see when he has a private conversation with his brother and my brother together along with his lawyer soon.

My mother has offered me some extra money to cover the cost on the new carpet and new furniture, while I do the painting on my unit with some extra help from my brother after the tenant moves out next Thursday which I'll start painting this Saturday.
Very sorry to hear about your father...

Is it a sweet confectionary type scent or a greener herbaceous aniseed scent?
I would say sweet confectionery. I own 3 aniseed soaps, Dutch Resistance and Stirlings Obsidian and a sample of Black Ice. I just smelled all 3 in that order. I wouldn't call any green/herbaceous, but the Stirling doesn't come across sweet.
I would try to further analyse them, but smelling Obsidian 2nd was likely a mistake as it's a glacial (lots of menthol) and I suspect it has affected my sense of smell.

Is it a sweet confectionary type scent or a greener herbaceous aniseed scent?
Had to check the webiste and yep it's based on black liquorice so I was right :) Not too sweet so I'd probably would've guessed aniseed but not too overpowering which is nice (y)

April 20, 2018 - Friday
LlCFV4kl.jpg

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Declaration Grooming "Unicorn Ivory" Franklin B1 #16
Razor: Antique Bronze Wolfman WR1-DC(0.74) on WRH-2
Blade: Polsilver SI (4)
Lather: Australian Private Reserve - Fresca - Soap
Post Shave: Australian Private Reserve - Fresca - Aftershave
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve - Fresca - Eau de Parfum

Planned on using one of my new Stubble Buster Sets but ended up reaching for Fresca and smelling it and it was a done deal after that. Great shave, little close on the mustache area but all in all a great shave. Hopefully I'm able to start and finish tiling our bathroom this weekend, so I can get started on the floor. The "ball & chain" is starting to become restless...

Coconut oil pre shave
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
TurnNshave tuxedo fan synth
Coates Rose cream
Anherb balm

Coates is the only brand of shaving cream I have (rose, lime and tea tree) as I don't like the lather from creams. Coates OTOH behaves like a soap when lathered up.

The scent is a beautiful rose, very pleasing and natural!!

TS3lPLX.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: BBS-1
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Hucklaration
Lather: Mystic Water Lime
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

On the way back home from Europe I was somehow worried to arrive to a cool Australian autumn - well 30C certainly surprised me and I am very happy to be able to use a summery Lime soap. The fantastic Hucklaration brush whipped up some wonderful Mystic Water lather and the shave itself was just very enjoyable.

I hope you all have a stellar Saturday (y)

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: WCS anodized SB head & handle
Blade: Rapira P/Lux (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: Squadron's Group Captain's Belend
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Proraso white balm & Jovan cologne spray

A satifying 3 pass DFS with the new soap. Enjoyed the hints of vanilla and the lather had a slight caramel colour to it which was nice. Another efficient shave but the blade is fairly sharp and I prefer a smooth shave without the added blade feel. Looking forward to the next SOTD with another new soap. Till then happy shaves!

Semogue 1305
Haslinger, Calendula
Ballend Tech
Polsilver
Witch Hazel
VCS

Took my time for a nice three passes with the old Tech.Worked up a heap of creamy lather easily and am happy with the performance of this soap.Very mild shave and I just relaxed into it,not worrying about nicks or anything and enjoying the process for a bloodless,super close, smooth end result.

Pre: Hot water
razor: Weber+UGO Goliath
blade: Guillete 7'OClock SP
soap/splash: APR Coolabah

NwSPzLI.jpg

A nice shave ruined by the blade. I had better memory of this blades, maybe they just does not work for this head.... I shave quite early today and didn;t went for the bbs, so maybe I can shave again a bit latter today xD

I am happy with the amount of menthol on the soap, the splash, otherwise, will sting my eyes if I generously apply it though my face, still being a nice sensation as it is gentle enough. I tried in the past other soap with menthol The scent was still around at least one hour after its application :)

Pre: Hot water
razor: Weber+UGO Goliath
blade: Guillete 7'OClock SP
soap/splash: APR Coolabah

NwSPzLI.jpg

A nice shave ruined by the blade. I had better memory of this blades, maybe they just does not work for this head.... I shave quite early today and didn;t went for the bbs, so maybe I can shave again a bit latter today xD

I am happy with the amount of menthol on the soap, the splash, otherwise, will sting my eyes if I generously apply it though my face, still being a nice sensation as it is gentle enough. I tried in the past other soap with menthol The scent was still around at least one hour after its application :)

Be sure that the handle actually fits the Weber...I realised after some quiet aggressive shaves, that my UFO neck is actually too wide for the Weber and doesn't tighten it up fully...you get a much more aggressive razor that way.

The 2 bars on the under side of the Weber base plate are not completely flat if that makes sense. There is a small curvature, so the neck of your handle has to have a substantially smaller diameter than you might think...I hope this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.