Feather
AP Reserve Ozymandias Soap/Splash/EDP

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus High Mountain White Badger
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trimegistus
Razor: Wilkinson Sword "Sticky"
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (2)
Scent: Acqua di Parma Colonia

No photo, as a quick shave prior to heading off for a work assignment. Was impressed again with the Declaration soap - very thick, slick and persistent, with excellent residual slickness, which makes touch-ups a breeze. Three passes plus touch-ups for a BBS result. The post-shave was so good that I felt no need for a balm after the Thayers.

Pre Shave: Warm water, Proraso Green
Razor: Fatboy D-4 (6)
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Bowl: The wife's prototype. :)
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mikes Barber Shop
Fatboy was a tad aggressive on 6. First use of the Perma Sharp blade, overall a nice shave.(y)

image upload no registration

IMAG0121.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Personna Blue (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Bloom shaving bowl
Soap: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose

Have a great Tuesday!

It's no secret that I react to a LOT of soaps (and aftershave, cologne etc etc) and today, I am very upset that I had a nasty skin reaction to an awesome soap...B&M Latha Oceana :(

The scent on this is amazing! Such a fresh, ozone, beach type scent.

I'm so bummed...in fact, double bummed that I'll have to skip my shave tomorrow :(

It's no secret that I react to a LOT of soaps (and aftershave, cologne etc etc) and today, I am very upset that I had a nasty skin reaction to an awesome soap...B&M Latha Oceana :(

The scent on this is amazing! Such a fresh, ozone, beach type scent.

I'm so bummed...in fact, double bummed that I'll have to skip my shave tomorrow :(

It is never nice to have bad results from a soap, specially if you like the scent. Have you ever try to "monitor" scents and/or compositions to pick up what works wrong with you?
I have only experienced bad feeling with two soaps, and both had an scent some kind of citrousy (I had similar soap bases with no issues, and even, one of the manufacturer didnt make me issues with other scent, the late wolfpac) so I am a bit picky with scent composition and origin....

They both were in theory vegan, and both were my first vegans, so the first thing to my mind was the lack of tallow. Afterwards I have tried more vegan or vegetarian soaps like ByLuna, MdC or Extro with zero issues, and then I knew that one of them was actually tallow based.

I am so happy to have a kind of good skin that can accept most stuff (and also makes me look younger xD)

cheers

Semogue 1305
Proraso Red
Tech
Derby
Witch Hazel
Nivea
Old Spice Musk

Trying a Derby for the first time and not overly impressed.First pass was ok on cheeks and neck area but left a bit of growth on the chin,second pass it was dragging a bit and needed more strokes than I usually use for the chin.Needed a third pass which I don't often do,was nowhere near a clean enough result off the first two.Passable but still feel a bit prickly and will leave the Derby blades for my daughter.Next DE shave I will try one out of the Elios sample tuck.

It is never nice to have bad results from a soap, specially if you like the scent. Have you ever try to "monitor" scents and/or compositions to pick up what works wrong with you?
I have only experienced bad feeling with two soaps, and both had an scent some kind of citrousy (I had similar soap bases with no issues, and even, one of the manufacturer didnt make me issues with other scent, the late wolfpac) so I am a bit picky with scent composition and origin....

They both were in theory vegan, and both were my first vegans, so the first thing to my mind was the lack of tallow. Afterwards I have tried more vegan or vegetarian soaps like ByLuna, MdC or Extro with zero issues, and then I knew that one of them was actually tallow based.

I am so happy to have a kind of good skin that can accept most stuff (and also makes me look younger xD)

cheers

The things I react to are strong fragrance oils (subtle ones are OK), alcohol scents, spices (esp cinnamon), and many others are just a mystery as I couldn't figure out any common thread.

Some brands offend more than others, latha wasn't one, only the oceana caused the reaction.

It wasn't an easy shave today....

I was all day in a rush, cleaning, picking up, travelling back.... and of course, thinking what should I use for shaving once at home :)

Just like a couple of hundred meters from home I got a phone call, as I should attend an informal meeting-dinner because someone that has been around may be interested in hiring me, and that sounds great for someone with no income lately ....

Si I just wanted to attend, enjoy and maybe got some collaboration (and money xD)

I didn't want to go straight to F2 APR @todras 'kid', but, well, I thought that could be one of the most appropriate scent for looking (or pretending...) as a serios person etc.... I have many scents, several parfums, but i either didn't want to start the Winterfall soap yet.

I bleed in this shave today, as I have probably never bleed before, but mates, it was so great, and I reckon i will spam you in the future about my future xD

Pre: just some water
razor: UFO goliath prototype + weber head
blade: Astra green
Brush: BSB2 silvertip (I had to go with badger to this soap and dhave)
soap: APR Ozymandias
Splash: no need today
EdP: APR Ozymandias

iqdhcog.jpg

Yeah, call it "The shave of success!!"

I shall update because today I have use some music on the shave....

I ma not sure if it can be viewed (is youtube) but lets say something from the song....
You feel so strong that think nobody can't touch you!!

Nice song, probbaloy half responsible with the next regarding my bloody cut!

Last edited:
It wasn't an easy shave today....

I was all day in a rush, cleaning, picking up, travelling back.... and of course, thinking what should I use for shaving once at home :)

Just like a couple of hundred meters from home I got a phone call, as I should attend an informal meeting-dinner because someone that has been around may be interested in hiring me, and that sounds great for someone with no income lately ....

Si I just wanted to attend, enjoy and maybe got some collaboration (and money xD)

I didn't want to go straight to F2 APR @todras 'kid', but, well, I thought that could be one of the most appropriate scent for looking (or pretending...) as a serios person etc.... I have many scents, several parfums, but i either didn't want to start the Winterfall soap yet.

I bleed in this shave today, as I have probably never bleed before, but mates, it was so great, and I reckon i will spam you in the future about my future xD

Pre: just some water
razor: UFO goliath prototype + weber head
blade: Astra green
Brush: BSB2 silvertip (I had to go with badger to this soap and dhave)
soap: APR Ozymandias
Splash: no need today
EdP: APR Ozymandias

iqdhcog.jpg

Yeah, call it "The shave of success!!"
What are your thoughts on the scent @sealer....

Simple shave this time. But, I wanted to try out my new 28mm Badger brush.

It's my first time using a badger and I am surprised how different it is from my synthetics.
Not better. Not worse. Just very different.

I decided to let it soak in some warm water while I showered. It seemed clean, but I thought 'better safe than sorry'.
When my shower was done, I checked the mug and the water was a sandy yellow/brown colour. Ewwwwwww.
So, I did a few bowl lathers to get the thing clean and everything came up ok.
It didn't smell great (as I had been warned). But, it wasn't a particularly strong smell.

My synths tend to keep the lather on their outside.
The badger however, seems to keep a lot of the water for itself and hides much of the lather on the INSIDE making me wonder where it went.

This is a massive brush. once it is properly hydrated it dwarfs my 452 synth. In fact, I'd say it's probably a bit TOO big. 26mm might be better. But, it's still fun.
It is also incredibly soft. It is like rubbing a pillow all over my face.

In summary:
I like it. It has a place in my den. It won't replace my synths but has instead carved a niche of its own.

Anyone thinking of getting a large brush however, be warned: It likely won't fit your existing brush holders... Mine doesn't. "First World problems"

Edit: A pic of the brush. When hydrated, the fan is roughly the size of my fist.
nuTPMwil.png

What are your thoughts on the scent @sealer....

M thoughts? that;s funny. I can hear just a couple of voices (2 seconds) of some birds and tell you if the bird is most likely comming from UK< Scandinavia, wet rusia, central asia, or spain....

I can tell you I l ike it, as a winter "stapple" it is a winning scent. I can get the oud, the darkness, but some other stuff is not yet to my nose.

If you like and enjoy Winterfall, I'll say go for it, Ozymandias will something you love. Scents, and of course soaps, when they are made with scent thinking, are really seasonal, and the opinion abouth anything depends even on where you are....

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Aftershave: The Stray Whisker (TSW) After Balm balm
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Now that is a REAL shave right there. Vintage Gillette hardware all around, leather, tobacco and courage from the P&B Spitfire, classic lubrication and protection from the TSW After Balm.

Not a cock well in sight with its prissy interchangable heads, could you imagine trying to win a war while wondering where you had put your R1 plate ...

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter lavender
  2. Razor: Hart Steel 5/8 barbers notch straight
  3. Soap: D.R.Harris Marlborough cream
  4. Brush: Floris, pure badger 22mm
  5. Postshave: Blades Grim, Smolder
  6. Earworm: L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N - Noah and the Whale
First nick with a straight this morning, just below the ear lobe. This razor came with professional hone and I could tell the difference. DFS after 1 pass which is all that I am doing at the moment. To do a single pass with a straight is taking me about the same amount of time that it would take me to do 3 passes with a DE. Slow and steady is the way to go for me whilst I'm learning I think. The Blades Grim Smolder has quite a bit of menthol, more than I was anticipating, but a nice scent that is lingering well. I like how the Hart razor comes with a hex nut, so that it is easy to change the scales if I want to. No pic today as my phone was dead. Will post later as it can also go into the May acquisition thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.