Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Date: 06 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mitchell's Wool Fat (rub my face like a shaving stick)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

New furniture is on hold until further notice, because there were a major damage and issue at my unit because of the extreme heavier rain downpour last night, the whole length of the gutter along my courtyard was about three floors up came crashing down. Has completely damage my entire roof pergola along the full length of my courtyard, has completely damage all 3 sliding door windows along the full length of my courtyard, and a massive rainwater has damaged my new carpet in all 3 rooms.

The Body Corp Strata is going to pay all the damage in my courtyard and completely replace my new carpet, all the sliding door windows, and the entire pergola and some minor painting repairs inside my unit and replace the whole bloody gutter. I will be living with my brother for a while until all the issue have been repaired by the Body Corp Strata.

04h3IqC.gif

Thanks for the heads up. I was tempted to go E plate and now I think I will.
As @Greenpike wrote - E plate might just be the step up from the 6S without the blade feel of say an R41 or similar??? Looking forwar to your thoughts once you get some more shaves @Korbz (y)

Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

New furniture is on hold until further notice, because there were a major damage and issue at my unit because of the extreme heavier rain downpour last night, the whole length of the gutter along my courtyard was about three floors up came crashing down. Has completely damage my entire roof pergola along the full length of my courtyard, has completely damage all 3 sliding door windows along the full length of my courtyard, and a massive rainwater has damaged my new carpet in all 3 rooms.

The Body Corp Strata is going to pay all the damage in my courtyard and completely replace my new carpet, all the sliding door windows, and the entire pergola and some minor painting repairs inside my unit and replace the whole bloody gutter. I will be living with my brother for a while until all the issue have been repaired by the Body Corp Strata.

04h3IqC.gif
Sorry to read this @SpeedyPC :( Here's hoping your back in the new place quick smart :)

04h3IqC.gif

Yeah man that blows. Bad luck, hope it all moves quick.

04h3IqC.gif
Hope all pans out for you @SpeedyPC....

04h3IqC.gif
Sorry to hear that @SpeedyPC , hope it all gets resolved satisfactorily.

Sorry to read this @SpeedyPC :( Here's hoping your back in the new place quick smart :)
Yeah man that blows. Bad luck, hope it all moves quick.
@SpeedyPC that is a major pain in the arse for you.As mentioned,I hope it gets sorted quickly.
Hope all pans out for you @SpeedyPC....
Sorry to hear that @SpeedyPC , hope it all gets resolved satisfactorily.

Pain in the arse weather :banghead: I had to clean up all the broken glass before Body Corp Strata has to take every photo shot first :shifty: I'm bloody cold and wet :rage: and place the massive floor board to keep the rain out

Edit:- And more cleaning to do until the weather settles down.

Last edited:
Pain in the arse weather :banghead: I had to clean up all the broken glass before Body Corp Strata has to take every photo shot first :shifty: I'm bloody cold and wet :rage: and place the massive floor board to keep the rain out

Really crap news mate. This was going to be such a good 'fresh start' - now it seems a little delayed :(

Will be good once sorted

Really crap news mate. This was going to be such a good 'fresh start' - now it seems a little delayed :(

Will be good once sorted

Grrrrrrrrrr :shifty: I have so much packing to do around the house and clean out the garage, best of all thank bloody goodness for the Council clean-up day on the 11th June on Monday which is perfect timing to clean out the house and garage.

Pre: my lemon Myrtle pre shave oil
Rockwell R4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Timberwolf
B&M Latha Lavenda
Anherb balm

Beautifully scented lavender soap! very natural, very pleasing!

I'm a fan of lavender soaps and really liked the OSP also but that irritated my skin unfortunately.

20180606_104824_01.jpg

Sorry to hear about your place getting damaged. Hope it gets sorted really quickly!

Yesterday's

Pre: Shower + Myrsol emulsion
razor: merkur 42c + Feather
brush: yaqi sagrada framilia
APR Coolabah soap/splash
TSW balm
hUxW2hT.jpg

I am starting to think I could get used to (not so) mentolated products

Today's
Pre: face lathering:
razor: Weber/UFO + feather
brush: BSB2 silvertip
APR Fougere Bourbon Rose Soap/Splash/EdP

VVyLlLA.jpg

Really nice to shave again with this awesome scent, arguably the best for these days. Seamless really close shave. face lather of course may help to prapare the skin.

Lather proofs.... :D

Hey mate that's a terrible situation.

Look if you want to shoot me a PM I can give you some advice as to claiming from the Strata Corporation's insurance and how to maximize what you can rightfully claim :)

First shave with the , and can certainly understand the hype. Initial thoughts were is this thing even cutting (fearing the C plate might be too mild), but after the xtg pass a lot of those concerns were alleviated.

This was only my first shave, so all comments are fluid and subject to change as I learn it more. Blade feel was equivalent to a #2 on the Rockwell. Honestly "felt" like it was too mild (e.g. blade feel not performance). Trouble spots on my neck however are closer than the rockwell #4 (lots closer), yet my cheeks aren't as close as my really efficient razors (Rex on #4 for example). I think my angle was wrong for the cheeks on the last pass though.

Even after 1 shave, tempted to grab a D plate. I will certainly be getting Stainless or Titanium version when they are released, and going C & D equivalent plates with my limited experience so far.

tOD0L9kl.jpg
Thanks @Korbz for sharing your initial impression of the Karve. I also have the Karve with C plate on its way.
Glad to hear its similar to the Rocky R4 which is my go-to plate.

04h3IqC.gif
Hang in there mate.

Yesterday's

Pre: Shower + Myrsol emulsion
razor: merkur 42c + Feather
brush: yaqi sagrada framilia
APR Coolabah soap/splash
TSW balm
hUxW2hT.jpg

I am starting to think I could get used to (not so) mentolated products

Today's
Pre: face lathering:
razor: Weber/UFO + feather
brush: BSB2 silvertip
APR Fougere Bourbon Rose Soap/Splash/EdP

VVyLlLA.jpg

Really nice to shave again with this awesome scent, arguably the best for these days. Seamless really close shave. face lather of course may help to prapare the skin.

Lather proofs.... :D

I enjoy using the Coolabah soap & splash. Look forward to the SkyeFall when its released

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (7)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'H2' boar
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Madison Avenue shaving soap
Aftershave: Wholly Kaw Madison Avenue splash

A long time ago, January, before there was any talk of TSW importing Wholly Kaw a lot came up on an overseas forum from a seller in Canada. Through the joys of surface mail that lot is mine, including this soap and splash.

Of course, I could have just ordered through TSW it seems, although this one is a LE ...

Nice work, Agent 66!

04h3IqC.gif
Hang in there, Speedster. Hope things come good for you rapidly.

Status
Not open for further replies.