Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the cold and wet weather is here so I've switched from my lighter soaps to tabac, and I'm giving the 1305 a break and switched to a synthetic brush. Not switching out the SE though.

Razor: British ever-ready 1912
Blade: GEM SE (3)
Brush: men-u synthetic
Soap: Tabac

I hate this weather but there's no fault with the equipment so I'm almost wishing I switched earlier.
Also switched beer to wine/port :D

Pre-shave: Trumpers Lime
Brush: Elite Razor 2-Band Badger
Bowl: Captains Choice Lather Bowl
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino 70th
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: KAI
Post-shave: Wickhams Club Cola Balm

I've spent the last few shaves going through 16+ different blades and getting poor to average shaves (quite a lot of blades didn't work as well as my 'average' so I replaced them mid-shave). I decided to compare my Grand Society purchase against them while the experiences were still in my mind.

A smooth and sharp blade with very minor/light resistance on the passes has reconfirmed KAIs are my go to blade. I added too much water to the SV soap, so it wasn't as creamy as I like. Normally I'd just load more to fix it, but as I've imposed the rule of not using any of my recent purchases until I've finished something, I'm actually using my sample of SV and not the pictured tub ;).

I love the Club Cola scent, but I prefer the ingredients of the Wholly Kaw balm. If I could have that, this would have been my perfect shave, but it's darn close anyway (y).

HccLxkIl.jpg

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (9)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Wholly Kaw Merchant of Tobacco shaving soap
Aftershave: The Stray Whisker After Balm balm
Fragrance: Miller Harris feuille de tabac EDP

Only one more sleep guys till - June Meet Up - Saturday 9 June! Dress code is tactical apparel of course, this could get dangerous!

In other news, great shave to end the week :)

On a cold and windy Canberra winter's day!?
Oh well. At least we are all into grooming, I suppose...

I’m looking to you to be my wing man mate!

7tryiTpl.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Chiseled Face Panda (sample compliments of @FluffyGroodle)
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: RazoRock Tech
Blade: Feather (3)
It's been ages since I've used this razor, mainly due to it's mildness. Very nice shave this morning coupled with the Chiseled Face Panda.

The reflection of the bristles on the head shows just how highly polished it is.I have seen stated many times that the Wolfman finish is second to none,and this surely proves it.

His workmanship and the shave from his razors is just superb, I love both my WR1's above all the other high end razors I own :)

1. Preshave: Cyril R. Salter
  2. Razor: Hart Steel, 5/8
  3. Soap: D.R. Harris - Arlington
  4. Brush: Sam and Son 30mm Silvertip
  5. Postshave: RazoRock 888 wax
  6. Earworm: Fix Up, Look Sharp - Dizzee Rascal
Another great shave with the straight today. Two passes and BBS. Don't want too sound cocky, but I think I'm getting the hang of this.

ZVYVNeJ_d.jpg

Cold wet day in Melbourne and home alone....
Pre: Very hot shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy #5....
Blade: Gillette Super Stainless Spoiler #3....
Brush: Turn N Shave....
Soap: Declaration Gratiot League Square....
Post: Thayers, Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Aftershave....

Beautiful....

Date: 08 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming - Gratiot League Square
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Stainless #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

Got up very early this morning the cleanup has been done today, it wasn't too bad and I'm pleased with that I'm very lucky the 3 rooms haven't suffered too much rainwater (phew) but the carpet need replacing, all the glass windows along the courtyard have been replaced today, I'm glad the sliding glass door hasn't suffered any further damage so that's good news and replaced 3 flies screen sheeting mesh which is very easy. The gutter will be replaced on Monday followed by on Tuesday the pergola will be repaired depending on the bloody weather throughout the whole week, hopefully, either Thursday or Friday or even next week the new carpet will be replaced.

I'll be checking the walls again tomorrow morning for repainting, lucky today the concrete walls haven't suffered any crack or any structural damage and that's is fantastic news. I haven't had any breakfast all morning as I'm tired, cold and I'm bloody hungry....... Chow! Hopefully tonight I might have a few belts of Scotch Whisky to settle my nerves and my temper.

Semogue Boar
Haslinger Ringelblumen
Parker 34R
Polsilver
Witch Hazel
Nivea Men
Viet Fougere
Oud Attar

I like using my Bengall but this shavette always delivers.With the Polsilver I can guarantee a smooth close result on first pass and use the second as a finisher.Also as I "cut my teeth" with it for straight shaves there is a sense of familiarity and accomplishment whenever I use it.
Focused and ready for training tonight.

special shave this morning on 2 counts. today was my pops funeral after we lost him last week and i helped my 15 yo old son along for his first real shave now the bumfluff is turning into something more serious. the young bloke used the rockwell on 3 with declaration bandwagon soap and got through with no nicks or weepers. told him he could go through all my aftershaves and pick his favourite and it appears that @todras has another fan with grapefruit injunction being his immediate favourite and baycity also making the cut with everything else getting a hard no or meh at best.
my shave was straight forward 3 passes with the rockwell on 6 for a bbs finish. soap/splash/edp all velours noir that worked in the cold rainy weather perfectly.

special shave this morning on 2 counts. today was my pops funeral after we lost him last week and i helped my 15 yo old son along for his first real shave now the bumfluff is turning into something more serious. the young bloke used the rockwell on 3 with declaration bandwagon soap and got through with no nicks or weepers. told him he could go through all my aftershaves and pick his favourite and it appears that @todras has another fan with grapefruit injunction being his immediate favourite and baycity also making the cut with everything else getting a hard no or meh at best.
my shave was straight forward 3 passes with the rockwell on 6 for a bbs finish. soap/splash/edp all velours noir that worked in the cold rainy weather perfectly.
Sorry for your loss @beerhog

Shaver Heaven Citrus Garden Tallow WOW! WOW! WOW!
Rockwell 6c
Gillette Spoiler
Floid Orange
Mondial Pre Shave
Semogue 1305

Just got the Shaver Heaven Citrus Garden in today's mail it brilliant if you by chance interested I came out of retirement & done a SOTD review on it

Status
Not open for further replies.