Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will send you out a new bottle with sticker. Try and seal the bottle with some glad-wrap and an elastic band until the replacement arrives - I will send it to you Express post free of charge :)

You need to make sure there is no glass in the bottom of the bottle either!!

Man you legend!!!
I covered it up thismorning but I couldn't get to good a seal, had no glad wrap, band or tape lol.

3009xqw.jpg

Rockwell 6S R3 w/ Polsilver (4)
Semouge 830
AP Reserve SkyeFall Soap and Splash

Damn fine shave untill..........

2agp0yp.jpg

So lucky! I did not lose much of it. I swear I broke the sound barrier moving to get it off the floor.

Anyone got ideas of what I can transfer it to?
#nightmarescenario :nailbiting:

3009xqw.jpg

Semouge 830

2agp0yp.jpg

So lucky! I did not lose much of it. I swear I broke the sound barrier moving to get it off the floor.

When you transfer it to the new bottle, use a paper coffee filter with a funnel just to make sure you get all the glass out

I will send you out a new bottle with sticker. Try and seal the bottle with some glad-wrap and an elastic band until the replacement arrives - I will send it to you Express post free of charge :)

You need to make sure there is no glass in the bottom of the bottle either!!

You are a good man @todras

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Personna 'Lab Blue' blade (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch balm
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

I really am liking this Fenchurch, might be one of my all time favourites

Just gets colder after you get up here -

Heating bill this year will be a shocker!

I work at foothills of the Brindabellas. I can tell you its fresh out here.

Date: 26 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Unconditional Surrender
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / ASCO Super Stainless (orange) #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

The pergola is fully repaired and the carpet too.

The new kitchen top bench needs replacing while the new top gas stove and fan forced oven will be installed very soon, I won't be getting the new furniture until mid-July because is coming from Melbourne.

Still bloody waiting to move into my new home sweet home and peace a quiet.
jCViNAF.gif

Last edited:
Preshave - toasty warm shower

Brush - Razorock Big Bruce

Soap - Dr Jon’s Classic

Razor - Rockwell 6s (3)

Blade - Gillette Black (2)

Aftershave - Stirling Benjamin Franklin

Had a nice shave this morning with this lot. The Rockwell has only been passed over once since I bought it from @nsavage earlier this year! That was only due to it being a very early morning before a flight and my gear was packed in my luggage. I can’t find enough praise for the razor.

Soap today was a sample that has now had half a dozen uses after being smooshed into a Tupperware container. Still more shaves left in it but will use daily until finished just ‘because’. Then more samples to be enjoyed. The joys of Maggards huh?

Have also placed an order for a couple of Yaqi synthetic brushes. A mysterious space Tuxedo and a Timber Wolf. If they’re even close to the Big Bruce I’ll be happy!

I have both those brushes from yaqi and I think you'll be very happy with your new brushes.

The mysterious space handle is gorgeous and very ergonomic. The knot is dense and holds a ton of lather.

The timber wolf is a much softer knot...I refer to this one as the "gel tips" of synthetic brushes. It's a very enjoyable knot to use!

Pre Shave: Warm water. Crew shave oil.
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley Razor C
Blade: Astra green (4)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1.
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic.
Soap: APR Skye Fall.

Wow

IMAG0162.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Karve (D plate) + WCS brass handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Soap: APR Winterfall

C'mon you Socceroos! - Play Timmy Cahill for f#@ksake :rage:

Idoru was the fragrance commissioned for Tim by one of his close friends before he passed, I deeply hope you enjoy it and the notes of the Japanese Hinoki oil:)

Hummm... that was it, a cypress, very different to other splashes I have :) . I actually used it this early morning as my only scent (no EdP)and was quite evolving. That coinferous (Hinoki) remains after other notes vanished (some non standard citrus there?)

So I went back this evening for it, now using a soap that could make a good match:
Pre: ghot water
razor: SSSeygus extrem 2016 open comb
blade: Astra green
soap: B&M Reserve lavander
splash: APR Idoru

No picture today, I just forgot (but I take one of the lather, I have to check in the laptop if it is worth posting as my phone screen is broken al looks like a spider web xD)
That razor with this blade works really well, I never felt the blade!. Soap helped and at the end the scents weren't a completely mismatch

3009xqw.jpg

Semouge 830

2agp0yp.jpg

Ohh mate, thats an ugly picture :( . At least you save most of it from the leak. You could buy an empty bottle probably in a chemhouse or in a pharmacy, but I already read that you have a new container on its way. Top notch service @todras !!

PS. If you need still something to cover it, just cut a small piece of plastic from a plastic bag and rub the mouth and use some tape. I always have parafilm at home but this is not a staple product to get anywhere(and it is not cheap at all). Parafilm is amazing for sealing and should be used by retailers to prevent leaks of bottles that sometimes happen. I reckon for a company that should not be a big cost

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.