Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
k89CEe5h.jpg

Soap: Soap by Luna - Vetiver
Brush: Vulfix Travel/Boar
Razor: Gillette Rocket HD
Blade: Dorco ST-301 (3)
Nice combo with Luna's soap and the Rocket this morning, and the Dorco works well in the Rocket though I might pack the R41 next trip. The Rocket isn't quite aggressive enough so requires a bit more work with clean up passes. New bowl worked well especially with the smaller brush.

Still can't figure out how to upload pictures :(

But today, a few hours ago I used my Gillette Red Tip with a Gillette Silver Blue blade, my omega brush (still trying to improve my technique) and with some basic aftershave. And it did BITE. But it was a great bite :)

For images, I find it best to upload the photo on Imgur, copy the link and paste it into the 'Images' button - just to the right of the smiley face as you're typing out a post.

Brush:maggard synth
Soap: crown king the kiss
Razor:6s(4)
Blade: treet platinum
Nice shave leaving maybe enough soap in the tub for one or two more shaves tops.surprised by how good the treet blades are for the first 2 shaves before dying rapidly.the kiss and fbr work together very well I think the powdery scent is what brings them together.

I don't think is going to happen, not for a while, but is possible. I strongly believe Karved is going to kick Rockwell very quickly before they react too quick
IMHO The 6C/6S are still great razor's for the price but the market is always adapting and the Karve is a great alternative, all be it slightly more expensive as you need to purchase plate's seperately. The Karve offers a more efficient shave but I'm still happy with my 6S as a daily driver. Rockwell's problems are the TTO which has failed miserably...

For images, I find it best to upload the photo on Imgur, copy the link and paste it into the 'Images' button - just to the right of the smiley face as you're typing out a post.
Another suggestion is to use http://postimages.org - choose 640x480 (for message boards) and attach the link via the image icon (next the smiley face). Either way works so good luck and look forward to seeing your pic's :)

Date: 28 June 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Declaration Grooming ~ Fourth & Pine
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 38C / ASCO Super Stainless (orange) #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer

thumbnail

Pre-shave: Shower, Bloom water
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: Wolfpac Alpha Male
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Alum, Nivea 2 phase, Gucci Guilty

My first ever DE shave and my birthday to boot! If it's only going to get better from here on in you can count me in. Got a bit of razor burn, no nicks, as good as any shave I've had with cartridge and I found the angle pretty easy to keep though a little tricky going from chin to neck.

thumbnail

Pre-shave: Shower, Bloom water
Brush: Razorock Monster
Soap: Wolfpac Alpha Male
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Derby Extra (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Alum, Nivea 2 phase, Gucci Guilty

My first ever DE shave and my birthday to boot! If it's only going to get better from here on in you can count me in. Got a bit of razor burn, no nicks, as good as any shave I've had with cartridge and I found the angle pretty easy to keep though a little tricky going from chin to neck.

Happy Birthday @gabba32 and congrats on your first DE shave....

Pre Shave: Warm water. Crew shave oil.
Razor: Karve Christopher Bradley Razor D
Blade: Astra green (1)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1.
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic.
Soap: Mikes Barber Shop

The D plate mowed down two day stubble with ease. Two passes and touch up, BBS. However I feel the C plate will be the ideal daily driver.

oswccz.jpg

Rockwell 6S R3 w/ Polsilver (2)
Yaqi Tuxedo
AP Reserve SkyeFall Soap/Splash/EdT

Wow awesome. It's like shaving with a glass of Lagavulin.

The splash I did not find as peaty as the soap and EdT. Which I like.

The misses scrunched her nose up at it, which is a shame but I'm hoping it will grow on her.

A question for the Fenchurch users that got this one. Is the whiskey note in Fenchurch peaty like this?

So Jelly :love::love::love:

Status
Not open for further replies.