Declaration Theodore
Timeless
Feather
Barrister & Mann Le Grand Chypre

Razor: Rockwell 6S – R1
Blade: Permasharp (3)
Brush: Semogue SOC Badger
Soap: Chiseled Face, Midnight Stag

Cracked open the Midnight Stag today, now the shave-den smells like I’ve been pulling down an engine while smoking a cigar in there or something. :ROFLMAO: Love it!

Date: 22 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Rum Runner 2x
Razor:- GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
Blade:- GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

Just you and @tulfan wait until you see my Rockwell Model T in action - that will not be 'boring' !!!

Wait of course being the operative word ...
Lol! What’s the ETA on the Model T now? I bought so much other stuff in the time spent waiting for that thing to arrive :ROFLMAO:

PS I did order the Model T before I joined this forum of wonderful enablers though :)

Lol! What’s the ETA on the Model T now? ...

No idea. I've switched off caring and will probably just chuck the zamac monstrosity of dashed hopes onto B/S/T when it arrives.

Can't recall when the last update came out [presumably late] indicating yet another unanticipated QC issue where there perfectionist tendencies DEMAND that they adopt a different approach to what they planned resulting in a further delay in production which they are sure we will understand. Again.

Feel somewhat better about life now ...

DSCN0132.jpg

Brush: RazorRock 400
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Muhle
Pre: PAA ATG Prickly Pear
Soap: RazorRock xXx

A somewhat pleasant shave using the R41 with 2 days growth. Definately a razor that lives up to it's reputation because this thing really bites :oops: Felt a bit of resistance during the initial WTG pass but despite the odd nick under the nose and on the adams apple, a very efficient shave with enough soap left over for 5-6 passes. I'm really loving the RazorRock combo :happy: Happy shaves guys!

DSCN0132.jpg

Brush: RazorRock 400
Razor: Muhle R41
Blade: Muhle
Pre: PAA ATG Prickly Pear
Soap: RazorRock xXx

A somewhat pleasant shave using the R41 with 2 days growth. Definately a razor that lives up to it's reputation because this thing really bites :oops: Felt a bit of resistance during the initial WTG pass but despite the odd nick under the nose and on the adams apple, a very efficient shave with enough soap left over for 5-6 passes. I'm really loving the RazorRock combo :happy: Happy shaves guys!
@Razor Burn the R41 is very pleasant to shave with a 2 days growth without any razor burn and irritation, the R41 is mainly for those who have a hard coarse beard or very thick stubble can used the R41 for every day shave.

So if you don't have a hard coarse beard or thick stubble is very pleasant to shave the R41 with a 2 days growth, because is very easy and comfortable to shave with the R41 if you know how to use it properly otherwise you'll get razor burn and irritation if your not careful. Try used a heavy handle for example iKon Bulldog this will give you a very comfortable smooth shave without applying pressure as YMMV.

Last edited:
So save my money you reckon’?
Well for the same money you could find a pretty good vintage SE that would shave much better.
I agree @Sticky - (without even trying the Starling), the loading mechanism on the GEMs is easier and faster also.
Yes, I knew before really but I wanted to be wrong. It is not bad but not a patch on the originals, I had to find out in person.
I'm still glad to have bought one but I would hesitate to recommend it.

Well for the same money you could find a pretty good vintage SE that would shave much better.

Yes, I knew before really but I wanted to be wrong. It is not bad but not a patch on the originals, I had to find out in person.
I'm still glad to have bought one but I would hesitate to recommend it.
Never hurts to try. I was tempted...but the looks just weren't there (n)

Untitled

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch
Razor: UFO Tornado / Colonial General
Blade: Kamisori (2)
Scent: APR Lixiviant

Despite gorgeous lather from the Haslinger, the Kamisori was again unfriendly. Much preferred the Feather Pro. Will try other blades to find best match.
The Emulsion only just managed to calm my skin - I was almost reaching for the Thayer's Topical Pain Reliever.

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Creed Green Irish Tweed
Razor: UFO Tornado / Colonial General
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch (1)
EdT: Dior Eau Sauvage

Still catching up on my SOTD posts. This is the latest. Had to grab the Creed soap - an opportunistic buy at a very good price. It is a very hard soap - probably the hardest I have lathered with. Triple-milled? Seems they put this through the mill five times ;). The scent from the soap was nothing short of spectacular. I was expecting it to be a bit muted (I found this with the Acqua di Parma soap), but it was long. strong, and every inch GIT. I did not have high expectations regarding performance, as I had read less than glowing reviews for Creed soaps in this regard. I was pleasantly surprised. Not as much residual slickness as I like, but nice lather, a comfortable shave and a lovely post-shave feel. The performance of the soap reminded me of SV or Osma. Can it justify its price? Pretty tough from my viewpoint, but it certainly ticked plenty of boxes.
My first shave with the Kai Captain Titan, and it was a welcome relief from the previous Kamisori blade. Three passes and a few buffs and I am BBS and grinning :D.
What better way to finish than a few squirts of Eau Sauvage, a very nice match with the GIT.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse 'Red Ring'
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Premium Chromium blade (2)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Saponificio Varesino - 70th Anniversary "Settantesimo" Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Aqua di Sydney Aftershave
Cologne: Giorgio Armani Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

My 'small brush' escapades continue!

You CAN make great lathers with a smaller brush :)

@Razor Burn the R41 is very pleasant to shave with a 2 days growth without any razor burn and irritation, the R41 is mainly for those who have a hard coarse beard or very thick stubble can used the R41 for every day shave.

So if you don't have a hard coarse beard or thick stubble is very pleasant to shave the R41 with a 2 days growth, because is very easy and comfortable to shave with the R41 if you know how to use it properly otherwise you'll get razor burn and irritation if your not careful. Try used a heavy handle for example iKon Bulldog this will give you a very comfortable smooth shave without applying pressure as YMMV.

Thanks for the helpful suggestions @SpeedyPC. My first shave went surprisingly well with similar beard growth so I assumed the shave would be more comfortable than it was. I have coarse, thick beard growth so a few days growth is maybe a weeks growth for most, making the razor an ideal choice for the task. With a day's reflection my skin feels fine and I'm starting to suspect the Merkur blade as the reason for my discomfort. I really struggled with the blade feel and might try it with a different (milder) blade next time :bookworm: I hear the iKon Tech is as aggressive so I might give it a try the next time I'm feeling lazy and need a shave (y) Happy shaves mate!

38947454135_8a70ac9ab5_z.jpg

Razor: Vintage Gillette Tech head with Windrose handle
Blade: Personna Blue
Brush: Maseto 26mm silvertip
Soap: Artesano by Luna Fig & Vanilla
Fragrance: YSL Y Pour Homme

The fig & vanilla soap had a stronger fig scent than vanilla, more reminiscent of a newly sliced fresh fig. The lather was excellent as with her other soaps. The APR balms (Mycroft & SAA) that I got from @todras are great performers, which makes me wonder why that range didn't catch on :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.