Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soap: Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Friodur Henckels
Mourning/burial day for one of our German Shepherds. Presumably died from snake bite. She was an integral part of the family. :(
I’m so sorry to hear this :(
Non animal folk don’t get it at all but there’s a special bond there.

IMG_20180123_083441-01.jpg

Superb. Lots of favs here. And @TomG , the Schick P30s are brilliant in the General. Smoother than the Feather Pros and just as good as the Kai pinks. Three pass BBS and not one weeper despite a rushed shave and 2 day growth.
Cheers, @Greenpike - sounds like I need to buy some.

Soap: Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime
Brush: Omega Boar
Razor: Friodur Henckels
Mourning/burial day for one of our German Shepherds. Presumably died from snake bite. She was an integral part of the family. :(
Ahhh - that is very sad @Pbgoose. My Staffie was bitten about a year back, but she pulled through with some antivenin. Please accept my condolences.

How can a man who’s shave taste is so impeccable have such a bad taste in music?

Because he is younger than you. All 30 to 40 y.o. have bad taste in music as grunge /alt moved on to pop r&b and bad try hard hip-hop in that era. My ears bled for years. Yet he pulls out a few that redeem him :ROFLMAO:

Because he is younger than you. All 30 to 40 y.o. have bad taste in music as grunge /alt moved on to pop r&b and bad try hard hip-hop in that era. My ears bled for years. Yet he pulls out a few that redeem him :ROFLMAO:
I don’t think he is younger than me..

When I was at tafe for music the teacher chucked a the chords for Clearwater revival song on the board and said everyone knows the feel of this one right?
I being 15 years the junior of anyone there had no idea and had to google it later..

I like a lot of stuff from Bob Dylan to Rise Against.
Currently I’m working on Swing life away which if you look at the music is great fun and actually quite clever, the solo especially.
I’m also working on stray cat strut.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse 'Red Ring'
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Premium Chromium blade (3)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Suitably Attired Australian Shave Soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Suitably Attired Australian Aftershave

Oh you CAN get a decent lather with a smaller brush - Lather Shots

First day back in a suit this year (apart from the funeral) and the same tomorrow. I can usually make it to after Australia Day without doing so most years!

IMG_0110.jpg

Date: 24 January 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Bowl:- Captain's Choice
Frankenrazor:– Muhle R41 v2013 head with Bulldog Handle
Blade:- Astra Superior Platinum #1
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

I don't normally take photo's of my SOTD very often too much bloody hassle.

Time to bring out the Tabac because it's been nearly 6 months or more untouched in my den, when I open the lid the poor bastard has been stone dry with cracks all over the puck, and has strunk about 10mm smaller inside the ceramic dish just like in a hot desert screaming for water.

OMG!! I keep forgetting how much I love the smell of Tabac just like an old swag, and you can't keep up with this old girl smoking cuban cigars every day but you gotta love Tabac in your den.

cigarr.jpg

Pre: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Castle Forbes pre-shave gel
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Boar
Soap: Acqua di Parma
Razor: UFO Goliath / Colonial General
Blade: Kai Captain Titan (2)
EdT: Knize Forest

Got a great lather from the ADP soap this morning. It is quite thirsty - slow hydration was rewarded with loads of quality lather.
Three passes for a DFS+. The Knize Forest proved a very good match for the ADP scent.

Status
Not open for further replies.