two days ago...

Pre: nothing
machine: merkur 42c
blade: Polsilver Super Iridium
brush: yaqi sagrada familia
soap: APR Ozymandias
splash: APR Frenchurch

K5XObXh.jpg

Wonderful shave with wonderful scents with zero issues. Frenchurch is waaayy so nice scent. 7 points out of five :)

Today:

Pre: nothing, face lathered soap
machine: Weber/UFO
blade: PolSilver Super iridium
Brush: BSB-2 Silvertip
soap: Talbot Iliahi Ridge
splash: B&M Adumbrare.
EdP: APR Winterfall

iLQwfKY.jpg

Another fantastic shave. This artisan deserves having an eye to his soaps releases. The scent looks like is pure sandalwood. I have no others sandalwood to compare with, but it was nice enough for a rainy day like today. It perform like a champ. I dialed straight away for face lathering, and I like more that way than with a bowl.

the lather was just great!!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream:
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor:
Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (6)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (4)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire botanically inspired post-shave lotion
Fragrance:
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

AHHHH, finally a shave a home - and so, so, good!

Very impressed with the out of the box approach from @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau in the no-alcohol post shave lotion and the solid cologne. I don't think anybody is doing these and they are actually useful in these forms - not a quirky aberration with no real purpose! Well executed to make a meaningful difference

Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (6)
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Very impressed with the out of the box approach from @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau in the no-alcohol post shave lotion and the solid cologne. I don't think anybody is doing these and they are actually useful in these forms - not a quirky aberration with no real purpose! Well executed to make a meaningful difference

@todras you never answered that question :) food for thought.

@todras you never answered that question :) food for thought.

You are talking in riddles man! I honestly don't remember...aside from being fairly sure there will not be a P&C Christmas Aftershave called 'Rusty Blade' :D

This artisan deserves having an eye to his soaps releases. The scent looks like is pure sandalwood

Chad's soaps sell out in <10mins at most, that one is Hawaiian Sandalwood - quite mild in terms of Sandalwood varietals but lovely none the less. I'm glad you are digging on it :)

You are talking in riddles man! I honestly don't remember...aside from being fairly sure there will not be a P&C Christmas Aftershave called 'Rusty Blade' :D

Chad's soaps sell out in <10mins at most, that one is Hawaiian Sandalwood - quite mild in terms of Sandalwood varietals but lovely none the less. I'm glad you are digging on it :)

Playing coy with me, so you :giggle:
And yes I can imagine my Xmas splash would be reddy brown in colour and once applied would burn and irritate like my alias. :LOL:

The Hawaiian sandalwood in the Talbots was the nice and creamiest I've ever used. Lather and slickness tier one when you dial it in which I couldn't do very well as an exclusive face latherer.

Best PIF ever so far! (y)

Another smooth comfortable straight razor shave.

My boar-ing badger saga continues :)

Instead of loading the brush on the puck I took a small amount of soap from the puck and applied it directly to my face, much like a shave stick. I kept the badger brush damp and worked the lather directly on the face, I used a badger and got very good results. This pleased me :) The last soap I made is soft enough to work into my beard with my fingers. I can't offer a valid reason the badger works better for me using this method or with cream soaps but it does. I actually find this is the only method that will give me a comparable lather to a Boar. I certainly don't mind if I have to use this method as the results are very good. I am never satisfied with a badger loaded on a puck because even when the brush is fully loaded and an excellent lather is produced the badger seems to hold more lather than it releases. Squeezing the brush will release a very large amount of lather but only by squeezing, probably more than an equivalent boar however for me my boar is happy to give all the lather it holds without squeezing. I am neither frugal with soap, progressively adding water or time needed to build a lather.

I would probably say that the badger is the equal of the boar for me using cream, stick or direct on the face soap. I will now admit to being happy to keep the badgers I have as I have found a successful method that gives excellent results. Direct loading on the puck though goes to the boar every time.

The badgers I have are good quality silver tips above 24mm knot size but certainly not in the stratospheric price range of some on this forum.

Really, I have no issues with the lather I get from either brush but I would be interest to hear if anyone else has similar or different experiences with brush types.

Steve

Progress @4 w/Polsilver
Yaqi Chianti 24mm silksmoke
Washpool Farm lemongrass/lime/lemon Myrtle
Anherb balm

Awesome lather, awesome shave!
The progress was so comfy and smooth even on the higher setting.

Synthetics really do excel at lather generation, but I do get the love of tradition with a badger, even I have that feeling but from a purely performance angle,I definitely favor synthetics.

Another smooth comfortable straight razor shave.

My boar-ing badger saga continues :)

Instead of loading the brush on the puck I took a small amount of soap from the puck and applied it directly to my face, much like a shave stick. I kept the badger brush damp and worked the lather directly on the face, I used a badger and got very good results. This pleased me :) The last soap I made is soft enough to work into my beard with my fingers. I can't offer a valid reason the badger works better for me using this method or with cream soaps but it does. I actually find this is the only method that will give me a comparable lather to a Boar. I certainly don't mind if I have to use this method as the results are very good. I am never satisfied with a badger loaded on a puck because even when the brush is fully loaded and an excellent lather is produced the badger seems to hold more lather than it releases. Squeezing the brush will release a very large amount of lather but only by squeezing, probably more than an equivalent boar however for me my boar is happy to give all the lather it holds without squeezing. I am neither frugal with soap, progressively adding water or time needed to build a lather.

I would probably say that the badger is the equal of the boar for me using cream, stick or direct on the face soap. I will now admit to being happy to keep the badgers I have as I have found a successful method that gives excellent results. Direct loading on the puck though goes to the boar every time.

The badgers I have are good quality silver tips above 24mm knot size but certainly not in the stratospheric price range of some on this forum.

Really, I have no issues with the lather I get from either brush but I would be interest to hear if anyone else has similar or different experiences with brush types.

Steve
If your knot is large enough, even if it gives up a very small amount of lather, it is enough for 4 passes ;)

Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (6)
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Now that looks like a hell of a welcome back home shave, Agent 66!

Status
Not open for further replies.