Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: iKon X3 + OSS handle
Blade: Perma Sharp (1)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: APR Fenchurch
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / APR Fenchurch splash + APR balm

Bloody marvellous x2 - Have a great 'hump' day! :cigar:

h5bMYWMl.jpg

Hard to go wrong with this soap. Constantly getting very nice shaves and today went with the cold water shave. The 5th use of the Voskhod blade with the R3 plate.

Off topic, had the builder of our house come out yesterday to look at some cracks we have. One goes across the entire hallway ceiling and down over a metre! Plus other areas where the cornice is pulling away. Turns out the previous owner didn’t concrete around the foundation and on one side of the house, you can push a steel rod a good two feet into the soil. It’s wet as anything meaning the water then finds a place to pool which of course is trouble! Bit of work to get this sorted but hopefully the house will move back to position once sorted and with careful monitoring. Then the inside can be repaired. Bloody houses!!!

cqIoxdth.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: P&B Baskerville
Brush: Shavemac
Razor: Blackbird
Blade: Feather (1)
Managed a couple of weepers this morning despite telling myself go conservatively. I find DE's that are less aggressive frustrating as they don't have the efficiency but my skin is happier with straight razors so I'm better off integrating DE's into a rotation.

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Razor: Thiers Issard 6/8, full hollow
  3. Soap: P&B - Albion
  4. Brush: Simpsons, Tulip 3 Manchurian
  5. Postshave: Jojoba oil
  6. Earworm: Voodoo Chile - Jimi Hendrix
I whipped up a seriously thick lather with the Phoenix and Beau this morning, but it turned out that I didn't add enough water. When it came to my lips the soap was drying out and going flaky. This stuff really is a "thirsty beast" as Kerry puts it. As for the soap, I must admit that I am not a massive fan of the fragrance. The performance is well up there (even with my dry lather), but I prefer the Spitfire scent. Decent shave with no nicks, which taking into account my still developing technique, I am happy. Not BBS, but good enough for the boss.

bbY9I4U.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

I was so excited to try out this new Mike's soap, that I even forgot to take a lather shot. The scent does not disappoint - very clean, as is the case with all Mike's soaps I have tried so far, and for me Ylang-Ylang is dominant part of the mix.

I hope you all have a wonderful Wednesday (y)

DCVAjo3l.jpg

Semogue Boar, Mondial Florence, Mingshi, Feather, Witch Hazel, Old Spice Musk
First use of the Mingshi for a couple of months,loaded a new Feather and set on 1.5. I had forgotten just how aggressive/efficient this thing is but after the first few strokes my muscle memory kicked in and achieved a DFS after two passes.Nice and cool in the bathroom as well on a 31 degree very dry winter's day.

Progress@3 w/Polsilver
Yaqi two band finest
Shaver Heaven - Sensuous Sandalwood
Anherb balm

Left a tad too much water in the brush and didn't get the lather I'm used to but still pretty good stuff with the SH soap.

The tips are just lovely on this brush now, after a total of about a dozen shaves on it.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Forbes Finest Badger
Soap: OSP Fougère
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (7)
Scent: Christian Dior Oud Ispahan

Very nice shave again. Got a bit cocky when buffing towards the end, and the sharpness of the Personna blade made me pay, via a small nick on the chin.
Nice lather and post-shave from the OSP soap.

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Gillette Slim (5)
Blade: Astra green (5)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah
Very nice comfortable shave. Two passes and a touch up for a DFS.

Last edited:
Date: 15 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Stirling Finest Badger 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Cologne Russe
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- British Ever Ready Streamline SE / GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

Status
Not open for further replies.