Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor of the week
Wade & Butcher 15/16”
Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Custom silver tip brush
Truefitt & Hill Freshman aftershave & cologne
iUvla1p.jpg
So when you say 'Razor of the week', do you shave with the one razor all week? Do you subscribe to the 'razor benefits from rest theory'? Of course you can shave with the same razor daily but have you noticed it's better if you come back to it after 2 days? I haven't done it enough to really know (I'm still enjoying the daily rotation) but occasionally I've used the same straight a couple of days running but thought maybe the shave was better two days apart. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yesterday:

Pre: face lathering
machine: Weber/UFO
blade: PolSilver Super iridium
brush: BSB2 silvertip
soap: SMG Pasion
splash: APR Coolabah
u9HZI5v.jpg

Today:

Pre: face lathering
machine: Weber/UFO
blade: PolSilver Super iridium
brush: BSB2 silvertip
soap: Bufflehead Fletcher
splash: APR Frenchurch
7Y5pIx2.jpg

Third use of these soaps. I'll need another one to make sure how I rate them, but Talbot is the first, as there is nothing negative. the same applies for SMG, but I reckon I lather Talbot easily. Bufflehead cames with the problem of leaving my face a bit dry. I didn't notice it so strongly when I lathered in bowl. The scent could be similarly rated, all good. SMG reminds me of some king of dessert, sweet pantry. Bufflehead has a nice scent too, it remains a bit to ByLuna Foroafeitado, but is lighter and less penetrant.

So when you say 'Razor of the week', do you shave with the one razor all week? Do you subscribe to the 'razor benefits from rest theory'? Of course you can shave with the same razor daily but have you noticed it's better if you come back to it after 2 days? I haven't done it enough to really know (I'm still enjoying the daily rotation) but occasionally I've used the same straight a couple of days running but thought maybe the shave was better two days apart. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey @Pbgoose, yeh razor of the week mate, I decided last year odd to run with the same str8 from my rotation for about a week (external honing work gets priority skin time though), to get a better feel for each razor, rather than changing str8s for each shave, but I,m not a daily shaver & only shave 2-3 times a week normally unless a special occasion on weekends.
So yes I follow the rest day rule

IMAG0215.jpg

SOTN 19/08/18
Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Blackland Dart
Blade: Perma Sharp (3)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Shaver Hevan Noir
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil + Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser

Comfortable DFS with 3 days growth = No challenge for the Dart! Have a great Monday gents...

Date: 19 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 26mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Le Grand Chypre
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- British Ever Ready Streamline SE / GEM Personna SS PTFE Coated #3
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

My son has finally given up on trying to get me to buy him new Mach 3 cartridges now his stockpile from 2 years ago has run out :)

It was a monster 1 hour session in the bathroom with me giving out all the hot tips on shaving angles, lathering, cleaning brushes, etc etc..... Not going to let him loose with all my good gear (for free!) if he's not going to do it properly :)

We both used Haslinger Sage, Maseto beehive, Voskhod blades and Dickinson's... he was on the Rockwell plate 2, I was on the bronze Timeless. 2pass XTG, no nicks/cuts one small lower neck weeper.

sSivFJyl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R5)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (2)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Barrister's Reserve Cool

Really bad lather today, think I added too much water too early. But the slickness was such that I got a very nice shave regardless.

Have a good week everyone.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream:
Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Razor:
Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (8)
Post-shave: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire post-shave lotion
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Ahhh, lovely.

It was an easy choice, I figured that @Kerry@Phoenix&Beau being a Pom would know something about the cold -

"Rumours of my death are greatly exaggerated" = Winter

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Razor: Hart Steel 5/8
  3. Soap: Castle Forbes, lavender
  4. Brush: Sam and Son 30 mm silvertip
  5. Postshave: RazoRock Lavender aftershave wax
  6. Earworm: Vlad The Impaler - Kasabian
Lovely lavender shave this morning. Two passes and damn near BBS. Hart cleaned up the weekend stubble no trouble.

m69Gng0.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Gillette Fatboy #6....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Tony Forsyth Custom Imperial Red....
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougére Parfaite....
Post: Thayers, Wholly Kaw La Fougére Parfaite Aftershave & EDT....

I'm loving the Dart but it was nice going back to 'Old Faithfull' the Fatboy....

Pre: Warm water, Crew Oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Mike's Barber Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.