Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre: Warm water
Razor: Timeless with 0.68 gap plate
Blade: Astra Green SP
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Coolabah

Well, got the replacement plate today and gave it a test run. The shave was simply sensational.

QprVRUn.jpg

Pre-Shave: @nsavage pre-shave, cold water
Razor: Razorock Baby Smooth Ti
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Nathan Clark Envy White
Lather: Mike's Lemongrass & Eucalyptus
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wonderful mid-week shave with some stellar Mike's lather.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Last edited:
QprVRUn.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Guerrilla
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (2)
Brush: Shavemac ATG 2017 LE
Lather: Stirling Bergamot Lavender
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Wonderful mid-week shave with some stellar Mike's lather.

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday (y)

Why are you storing a puck of Stirling in a Mike's Tub? :cool:

No worries @alfredus , I surprised at first then I thougth that you just love so much old Mike's tins and keep all your soaps in them :angelic:

But going for today's routine, first I have to mention that I did shave at night, so the EdP was choseen for the morning, not for the shave. Winterfall as EdP, ended up with a smallish chat with a girl at the office... as it smells awesome according to her nose (nice nose, of course), and this chat ended up with a date for Friday. That puts APR scents in a completely dimension, so far. Let's see what happen, but I will be happy to write a testimonial About how APR changed my life if the date end up happily :rolleyes:

So, for today, a day that started so great but ended up so bad, these were my tools:

Pre: nothing
machine: SSSeyguss extreme open comb 2016
blade: Polsiver stainless
brush: yaqui sagrada familia
soap APR FBR
splash: APR FBR
EdP: APR Winterfall (in the morning)

jgmBFD3.jpg

A really chaotic day. Started in a great mood, then went better after chatting with the chick and getting a date, but it was also my long time awaited payday, several months overdue to be payed and now, already next day, It has not happen. I am certainly considering go for legal advise to a layer, even if don't like to reach that level, for more than a month ago they told me that I would be payed last Thursday. Then I got nothing and when I asked, they came back telling that they misplace the actual date, it wasn't last Thursday, it was today (with huge problem generated there). So today was the day, and still, I have my so cared 67 dollars in my account and as the month advances, bills will catch up and will have to struggle again to make then honored, and that's why I'll wrote them again tomorrow. I can support myself still, as I have savings, but if for the 1st of September I have not been payed, the problem will grow as I will seek for legal advise. It is not just about money, my performance on my research has been largely go down lately, as my life in general, and I know they won't be merciful If I delay my submission beyond the deadline and they will request from me almost 100 bucks per day if I do not submit before deadline
As a cool thing to mention, Today the Spanish largest enabler and soap 'guru' tried his first APR soap (he got several from maggards a few days ago). It was lixiviant, and that's what he said in his SOTD, he also was using a razor for the first time... "Awesome shaving (talks regarding the razor, not included)..... regarding the soap, I've liked it a lot too, in lather properties and shaving quality it is at a good level, but the best is the scent. Very tasty and by no means similar to anything I have smell before.l . For truth, I don't know what is the scent, but it is fresh, a bit acid, and floral. Excelent"
That folk is a massive reviewer and enabler in Spain, and I agree Lixiviant is nothing to copare with. Frenchurch is also this breed of scents!!!
Cheers
and some lather!!

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Brush: Razorock BC Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum

Thankful I've discovered this hobby, else I'd have probably slipped back into my warm bed on mornings like this!

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Perma Sharp (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Squadron's Sweetheart
Post: Thayers Lemon & Aloe Vera Witch Hazel ? Jovan Musk splash + Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser Cream

Mmm musk, musk musk... :shame: Have a great 'hump' day gents!

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'H2' boar
Soap/Cream:
Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor:
Vintage Gillette L 1 (1966) Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Super Stainless (9)
Post-shave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch EDP

Ahhh, home

RsX3lKtl.jpg

Okay shave today with the R3 plate but a little patchy. Top notch soap gave plenty of slickness and finished off with some old spice. Maybe I got a little razor burn right under my nose as the old spice gave a bit of sting in this area.

No worries @alfredus , I surprised at first then I thougth that you just love so much old Mike's tins and keep all your soaps in them :angelic:

But going for today's routine, first I have to mention that I did shave at night, so the EdP was choseen for the morning, not for the shave. Winterfall as EdP, ended up with a smallish chat with a girl at the office... as it smells awesome according to her nose (nice nose, of course), and this chat ended up with a date for Friday. That puts APR scents in a completely dimension, so far. Let's see what happen, but I will be happy to write a testimonial About how APR changed my life if the date end up happily :rolleyes:

So, for today, a day that started so great but ended up so bad, these were my tools:

Pre: nothing
machine: SSSeyguss extreme open comb 2016
blade: Polsiver stainless
brush: yaqui sagrada familia
soap APR FBR
splash: APR FBR
EdP: APR Winterfall (in the morning)

jgmBFD3.jpg

A really chaotic day. Started in a great mood, then went better after chatting with the chick and getting a date, but it was also my long time awaited payday, several months overdue to be payed and now, already next day, It has not happen. I am certainly considering go for legal advise to a layer, even if don't like to reach that level, for more than a month ago they told me that I would be payed last Thursday. Then I got nothing and when I asked, they came back telling that they misplace the actual date, it wasn't last Thursday, it was today (with huge problem generated there). So today was the day, and still, I have my so cared 67 dollars in my account and as the month advances, bills will catch up and will have to struggle again to make then honored, and that's why I'll wrote them again tomorrow. I can support myself still, as I have savings, but if for the 1st of September I have not been payed, the problem will grow as I will seek for legal advise. It is not just about money, my performance on my research has been largely go down lately, as my life in general, and I know they won't be merciful If I delay my submission beyond the deadline and they will request from me almost 100 bucks per day if I do not submit before deadline
As a cool thing to mention, Today the Spanish largest enabler and soap 'guru' tried his first APR soap (he got several from maggards a few days ago). It was lixiviant, and that's what he said in his SOTD, he also was using a razor for the first time... "Awesome shaving (talks regarding the razor, not included)..... regarding the soap, I've liked it a lot too, in lather properties and shaving quality it is at a good level, but the best is the scent. Very tasty and by no means similar to anything I have smell before.l . For truth, I don't know what is the scent, but it is fresh, a bit acid, and floral. Excelent"
That folk is a massive reviewer and enabler in Spain, and I agree Lixiviant is nothing to copare with. Frenchurch is also this breed of scents!!!
Cheers
and some lather!!
Ahh @sealer I feel for you. Having to use your savings and being delayed your due payment is frustrating. Maybe a lawyer mate could make a query on your behalf to scare them into some timely action and resolve this for you.

I admire scientists and researchers as it a job usually without a lot of financial reward for the hours and distance you put in. You get to do wonderful things and discover. All to benefit the fellow man. Old friend of mine is an archeologist and lived in Antarctica for three summer seasons. Pay was average, found some amazing discoveries (there were forests) and distroyed her marriage. Just wasn't meant to be. She has found love again since. But she wouldn't change a thing as that is her passion as she knows she is making a difference.

Love my APR scents and wear them every second day. Don't get the compliments you do and in my case with my partner she sometimes objects. Also not alot of fanfare from my work colleagues except from gentile man who likes me physically so will say anything to get closer.
So it probably isn't your APR juice doing the talking but your own rugged good looks and the APR is only the icing on the cake.

Awesome APR has a Spanish Shaving aficionado fan. Excellent work @todras.
Totally going world stage!(y):love:
Now we are going to have the European influx of new recruits vying for the LE too.
All good, we welcome everyone especially when they contribute :whistle:

Winterfall and Coeur de vert are my to favourite this winter. The Lixiviant doesn't get enough love from me. Need to apply less of it as a strong juice. :)

MFoIs1Qh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Carronoki
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Blackbird
Blade: Perma-Sharp (1)
AS: Pb The Black Spruce
I think I might have this razor just about dialled in by the time I send it back to Snooze and of course once the relationships established it's going to be a 'need' not a 'want' right? Perma-Sharp went well with a couple of inconsequential weepers. The Carronoki performed well with this razor as well. Plenty of slickness without water additions.

Brush: RR 400
Blade: Perma Sharp (5)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Squadron's Sweetheart
Post: Thayers Lemon & Aloe Vera Witch Hazel ? Jovan Musk splash + Vaseline Aloe Vera Moisturiser Cream

Mmm musk, musk musk... :shame: Have a great 'hump' day gents!

Love a bit of musk, but how musk is musk? Haven't tired the Jovan, as never heard anything good about it which dose not mean it is bad.
Is it a sweet, dry, animalistic or lolly type scent please?
If it is powdery then I'm not going to like it.

1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: Charcoal Goods Magnum, LVL 3
  4. Soap: APR Skye Fall
  5. Brush: Simpsons, Tulip 3, Manchurian
  6. Postshave: APR Skye Fall Splash
  7. Earworm: Available - The National
Great two pass shave with my daughter's favourite combination of soap and splash.

Status
Not open for further replies.