Blade: Merkur (1)
Soap: Valobra Menthol
A/S: Aqua Velva

Pre-shave: Proraso White
Brush: Edwin Jagger EJ28 Synthetic
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven- Fig & Brown Sugar
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Ikon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Astra SP (5)
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel- Cucumber with Tea Tree Oil, Somersets Face Balm

It's a 24mm but the bloom is quite large.
It's a dense brush and feels like a soft wall of badger hair but with good scrub (no scratch now that it's been used about a dozen times so the tips are soft).

http://s.aliexpress.com/VZVbMBnm?fromSns=Keep
Nice (y) I'm thinking about getting a Yaqi 26mm Moka Express Two Band Badger, I have 18 badger brushes in my den, still not sure about this one :cautious:

HTB1K9m.nbSYBuNjSspfq6AZCpXar.jpg
HTB1g48ee2iSBuNkSnhJq6zDcpXa6.jpg
HTB16HwtdQomBKNjSZFqq6xtqVXai.jpg
HTB1fV28nmtYBeNjSspaq6yOOFXal.jpg

IMAG0218.jpg

Brush: Omega
Razor: RR Mamba
Blade: Perma Sharp (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: Wholly Kaw La Fougére Parfaite

2 x pass DFS with great post shave results... Happy shaves!

nJKjr0dl.jpg

Another very good shave with the R5 plate but probably a bit of overkill since my shave yesterday was so close!

Thanks to @LukehGee my Indian Old Spice arrived yesterday. I like it! I think the last time I smelled it I would have been 10 or 12 years old so had no idea what it would smell like. I was impressed and can see this getting a very regular run.

Latherwise, some may remember I had issues getting a great lather from the Reserve Cool, but this was leagues better and I guess easier to get to where I wanted it. The tips and trials from the Cool no doubt helped however.

Dumb schmuck here didn't think about the fact that he was DRIVING to this venue and could have taken his whole shave kit, instead he grabbed the travel kit as usual -

ao165z.jpg

Karve C plate w/ Polsilver (1)
Yaqi Tuxedo
AP Reserve Ozymandias Soap / Splash / EdP

I feel like I got a shave about the same as a plate 5 on the Rockwell.

Man did this shave different from the Rockwell though. There was definite blade feel. I feel like the Rockwell was a razor with training wheels compared to this mornings shave. Had a few nicks on my neck as well. There is definitely going to be a bit of a learning curve on this.

That said, mybface feels smooth now. It was still a good shave. Looking forward to more

Date: 21 August 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Platypus P&C LE 2017 24mm Manchurian White
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Leviathan
Razor/Blade:- Karve 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

Nice (y) I'm thinking about getting a Yaqi 26mm Moka Express Two Band Badger, I have 18 badger brushes in my den, still not sure about this one :cautious:

HTB1K9m.nbSYBuNjSspfq6AZCpXar.jpg
HTB1g48ee2iSBuNkSnhJq6zDcpXa6.jpg
HTB16HwtdQomBKNjSZFqq6xtqVXai.jpg
HTB1fV28nmtYBeNjSspaq6yOOFXal.jpg

I wish I could help you with this but I ordered the above model, along with a silvertip, and accidentally had it sent to my parent's place.

If you wait a few more days, I should receive my Yaqi high mountain white and a silvertip soon and I can post my thoughts about those.

ao165z.jpg

Karve C plate w/ Polsilver (1)
Yaqi Tuxedo
AP Reserve Ozymandias Soap / Splash / EdP

I feel like I got a shave about the same as a plate 5 on the Rockwell.

Man did this shave different from the Rockwell though. There was definite blade feel. I feel like the Rockwell was a razor with training wheels compared to this mornings shave. Had a few nicks on my neck as well. There is definitely going to be a bit of a learning curve on this.

That said, mybface feels smooth now. It was still a good shave. Looking forward to more

Did the karve feel "bitey" or as if it was removing too many layers of skin?

Or just a "comfortable" blade feel?

Status
Not open for further replies.