Not open for further replies.
CwYS4Sf.jpg

Valobra
Hucklaration
BBS-1
Feather
Storybook Soapwords Hallwards's Dream
ADP Colonia Intensa

Love my APR scents and wear them every second day........ Also not alot of fanfare from my work colleagues except from gentile man who likes me physically so will say anything to get closer.

I'm hoping you mean genteel otherwise it raises even more questions :LOL:

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Forbes Finest Badger
Soap: Dusy Professional (Kabinett)
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (11)
Scent: APR Fougère Bourbon Rose EdP

First shave using Dusy Professional soap, a clone of the discontinued Klar Kabinett. Both soaps are/were made in Germany, have a mild rose scent, are sold in 500g blocks, and intended for professional Barber use.
I found the Dusy to be a very good soap. As you would expect from a professional product, it lathered very easily and the lather was persistent throughout a three pass shave. Having recently shaved with the Klar soap, I find this soap just a little bit better, on the basis that the scent is more natural, and the post-shave a little better. However, there is not much in it.
The M&F brush is now just about broken in, and is a belter of a brush. It loads very quickly, and works equally well for bowl or face lathering, with soft tips for painting lather.
Three very comfortable passes for a DFS+. The APR EDP was a nice match with the soap scent. I must say that amongst all the excellent APR scents that have come out in the last couple of years, my favourite is Fougère Bourbon Rose.

Earworm: Available - The National

The National? Did you say The National? And a track off one of their least known albums, too.
Nice work, @Rabid Badger. I am a massive fan - seen them live three times. In fact, this arrived in my mailbox today; will need an iron before I wear it:

Progress XL@4 w/Polsilver
Muhle STFv2 23mm
CRSW Fougere Moderne
Anherb balm

CRSW are some of the most beautifully scented soaps ever! It's very soft and pleasing and yet, still very present...even after the shave.

Performance is great but only if I dial it in properly. It's probably my toughest soap to lather up but great once the lather is achieved.

Love a bit of musk, but how musk is musk? Haven't tired the Jovan, as never heard anything good about it which dose not mean it is bad.
Is it a sweet, dry, animalistic or lolly type scent please?
If it is powdery then I'm not going to like it.
I don't mind it actually as it's cheap and more on the spicy/woody side compared with the sweeter pink 'lolly' scent. https://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Jovan/Jovan-Musk-for-Men-7469.html - I prefer the traditional splash cologne as it tends to last longer then the spray :)

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless , S/S 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra SP
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend

Last edited:
Ahh @sealer I feel for you. Having to use your savings and being delayed your due payment is frustrating. Maybe a lawyer mate could make a query on your behalf to scare them into some timely action and resolve this for you.

I admire scientists and researchers as it a job usually without a lot of financial reward for the hours and distance you put in. You get to do wonderful things and discover. All to benefit the fellow man. Old friend of mine is an archeologist and lived in Antarctica for three summer seasons. Pay was average, found some amazing discoveries (there were forests) and distroyed her marriage. Just wasn't meant to be. She has found love again since. But she wouldn't change a thing as that is her passion as she knows she is making a difference.

Love my APR scents and wear them every second day. Don't get the compliments you do and in my case with my partner she sometimes objects. Also not alot of fanfare from my work colleagues except from gentile man who likes me physically so will say anything to get closer.
So it probably isn't your APR juice doing the talking but your own rugged good looks and the APR is only the icing on the cake.

Awesome APR has a Spanish Shaving aficionado fan. Excellent work @todras.
Totally going world stage!(y):love:
Now we are going to have the European influx of new recruits vying for the LE too.
All good, we welcome everyone especially when they contribute :whistle:

Winterfall and Coeur de vert are my to favourite this winter. The Lixiviant doesn't get enough love from me. Need to apply less of it as a strong juice. :)

Thanks for your post. Actually a polite but straight e-mail last night pointing out that I would seek for legal advice if no't being reinstated before the end of the month has fixed it. I got a phone call early in the morning and a few hours afterwards I got last months of payrolls. :) Not sure if just they realized the situation or the legal stuff helped, but certainly my situation is not the rule here. I don't know anyone that has suffered all these unexpected and hard to explain delaying events, but now is over and I can keep focusing in my working stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.