Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN0140.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Rockwell
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee :woot:

A DFS with a Damn Fine Razor! Received the soap and bowl yesterday and I can't recommend them highly enough :joyful: Whipped up a fluffy, soft lather in literally seconds and the scent of this soap brought back lovely memories of enjoying an Irish Coffee in Dublin those many years ago :snaphappy: Truly delictable stuff and not too over whelming (y) Not of APR grade but still a pleasant experience and almost wish I could shave again it was that satisfying :ROFLMAO: Good night and happy shaves amigos!

Same shave as yesterday cause dang I just loved it.
Ball end tech
MWF
Derby (2)
High mountain badger
Witch hazel.

had some Rise Against on in the background.

28091615989_833d59ae3e_z.jpg

Soap: Pb Grapefruit (Menthol)
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super
AS: APR Australians All
Lovely shave with the Black Hawk and Grapefruit this morning. The menthol in the soap had already cooled my face so I was taken by surprise when I applied the Australians All, felt extra cold.
Thank you everyone for your messages and condolences over the last couple of days for the loss of our family pet on Monday. I really appreciated that and passed on your thoughts to my wife. Indie (German Shepherd bitch, aged four) was a family pet but was actually my wife's dog.

Ahhh - that is very sad @Pbgoose. My Staffie was bitten about a year back, but she pulled through with some antivenin. Please accept my condolences.
That's good to hear.:) Did you see your Staffie get bitten? Wondering how soon you were able to get antivenin dosed. We lost my son's border collie to a snake bite two years ago but didn't see the event so by the time we administered the antivenin it was too late.

Razor: Vintage Eclipse 'Red Ring'
Blade: Vintage Wilkinson Sword Premium Chromium blade (4)
Brush: Vintage Butterscotch distressed Culmak reknotted with TGN finest
Soap/Cream:
Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Cologne: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

It has been too long my friend, but you will always be in my life, grand by name and grand by nature.

Wasn't actually playing - except in my head

39170781554_3d30e02249_c.jpg

Soap: APR Alfredus Choice
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Kickuth
AS: Alfredus Choice
Actually not sitting on the fence about this shave at all. Just a damn fine shave. The older straights do make a particular sound when shaving. More mellow with lots of crunch.

28091615989_833d59ae3e_z.jpg

Soap: Pb Grapefruit (Menthol)
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super
AS: APR Australians All
Lovely shave with the Black Hawk and Grapefruit this morning. The menthol in the soap had already cooled my face so I was taken by surprise when I applied the Australians All, felt extra cold.
Thank you everyone for your messages and condolences over the last couple of days for the loss of our family pet on Monday. I really appreciated that and passed on your thoughts to my wife. Indie (German Shepherd bitch, aged four) was a family pet but was actually my wife's dog.

Now this is interesting I have the same Vie Long and it did originally have the Horse Hair in it but personally I hated it so switched it out for a Silvertip

DSCN0140.jpg

Brush: PAA Atomic
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Rockwell
Soap: Caties Bubbles Irish Coffee :woot:

A DFS with a Damn Fine Razor! Received the soap and bowl yesterday and I can't recommend them highly enough :joyful: Whipped up a fluffy, soft lather in literally seconds and the scent of this soap brought back lovely memories of enjoying an Irish Coffee in Dublin those many years ago :snaphappy: Truly delictable stuff and not too over whelming (y) Not of APR grade but still a pleasant experience and almost wish I could shave again it was that satisfying :ROFLMAO: Good night and happy shaves amigos!
That's just frothing nuts :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.