Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're so dissatisfied with these shaves that you can't even bear to bring the camera up any closer than that! :LOL:
Taken with his very old camera that has no zoom capability perhaps???

Or maybe he’s scared shitless of his cartridge razor to bring the camera closer :p:D

SQKDnI4l.jpg

Semogue 1305, Haslinger Ringelblumen, Bengall 5/8", Witch Hazel, Viet Fougere, Oud Attar
Another of the batch of razors from @SA940 This Bengall arrived in outstanding condition with a little tea staining,minor hone wear,a few little scratches near the spine on the blade face and the scales unmarked.It honed to extremely sharp and the shave was one of the best I have had with a straight.A pleasure to use and smooth from the first stroke,I enjoyed the two passes with this blade.One would be hard pressed to find any Bengall in as good condition as this razor is.

Promised report on the batch will need to wait.I have a very ill,broken footed girl at home.Hospital yesterday,doctors today and looking after her take precedence.Thankfully improving though.

SQKDnI4l.jpg

Semogue 1305, Haslinger Ringelblumen, Bengall 5/8", Witch Hazel, Viet Fougere, Oud Attar
Another of the batch of razors from @SA940 This Bengall arrived in outstanding condition with a little tea staining,minor hone wear,a few little scratches near the spine on the blade face and the scales unmarked.It honed to extremely sharp and the shave was one of the best I have had with a straight.A pleasure to use and smooth from the first stroke,I enjoyed the two passes with this blade.One would be hard pressed to find any Bengall in as good condition as this razor is.

Promised report on the batch will need to wait.I have a very ill,broken footed girl at home.Hospital yesterday,doctors today and looking after her take precedence.Thankfully improving though.

Wow I can't even believe thats a blade I sent. Please enjoy them in your own time.

I hope your daughter gets well soon.

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Astra Green SP
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Group Captain's Blend
A hump day shave using the Rocky. As usual a comfortable smooth shave. :)

screenshot on pc

IMAG0232.jpg

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Crystal (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: RR xXx
Post: Thayers Lemon & Aloe Vera Witch Hazel + Blue Stratos Eau De Mo

A chilly -5.8 pre-work shave this morning... Bloody dedication! Slick, smooth and comfortable :) Have a great day :cold:
Untitled.jpg

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Bowl: Avalon Pottery Otter
Soap:
Tabac cream
Razor: Rockwell 6s (2)
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Black (1)
Can lay claim to finishing a tube of cream now! (y)
It served me well even though I had to use more than first thought to get a good lather.
Would i buy it again - nope. It just doesn't compare to almost every soap I've used, and i doubt i'd be interested in ever buying a puck of Tabac soap either.
Face was feeling a tad raw this morning so tossed the Vidyut blade after 2 uses and threw in a new 7OC Black, but swapped to the 2 plate of the rocky.
End result is better than a SAS, put down to the plate used.

I do have more soaps/creams i want to use up to thin my stash, so i'm thinking i'll move onto a tub of Proraso red which has maybe 30-35% left. Its old, purchased when i first started proper shaving in 2012 i think, but did a test lather the other night and :wideyed: it was good.... Was hard to control myself and not use it before the Tabac went to heaven:angelic:

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Razorock synthetic silvertip badger
Lather: Face
Soap: DG CUIR ET EPICES
Razor: Rockwell 6c Plate 4
Blade: Persona Platinum

awesome shave today, left a days growth yday to really test out the DG.. super smooth BBS with no irritation, couldnt be happier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.