Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Warm water
Brush: Edwin Jagger EJ28 Synthetic
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89 with Ikon Bamboo Handle
Blade: Derby Extra (3)
Post-shave: Alum,Thayers Witch Hazel- Cucumber with Tea Tree Oil, Somersets face balm.

I didn't plan this shave, was just doing a test lather and decided it was to good to waste. A nice 2 pass really liked this soap.

Merkur 42c + Gillete Silver Blue
Yaqui sagrada familia
Blufflehead Fletcher
Ariana & Evans Khalifa

SoBpfUe.jpg

Prep:
Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: DR Harris H3 Best Badger
Soap: Squadron Spitfire
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat No 22
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Scent: DR Harris Traditional Cologne

Fathers Day shave, and remembering my Dad with this shave. A shout-out to @borked for kindly trading a couple of Wilkie LB's, as these blades have a sentimental link back to my Dad.
Man - the LB blade is sharp sharp. Reminds me of a Gillette Swede or a Platinum Plus, both from the same era. I am seriously BBS :D.

Honi soit qui mal y pense

Prep:

Fathers Day shave, and remembering my Dad with this shave. A shout-out to @borked for kindly trading a couple of Wilkie LB's, as these blades have a sentimental link back to my Dad.
Man - the LB blade is sharp sharp. Reminds me of a Gillette Swede or a Platinum Plus, both from the same era. I am seriously BBS :D.

Now THAT is a classy shave (y)

Prep:

@TomG what's your thoughts on Squadran Spitfire as I am heading for some myself and am eyeing Scramble from Squadran

@TomG what's your thoughts on Squadran Spitfire as I am heading for some myself and am eyeing Scramble from Squadran
G’day @58RW - Spitfire morphed into Scramble not long after release, I believe? Correct me if I’m wrong, @SchoolForAnts. I have 3 Squadron soaps - the other two are The Warden and Group Captain’s Blend. Excellent soap - we’re lucky to have it so readily available locally. I find the scents warm and comforting. Nice post shave, too; no doubt the lanolin helps with this.

Squadron Soap September
Pre-shave: Hot shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Rooney boar/badger combination
Soap/Cream: Squadron Soap Group Captain's Blend shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette Slim Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword 'Frenchie' (3)
Post-shave: Squadron SoapGroup Captain's Blend aftershave splash
Fragrance: None

Rich, dark, tempting, look at this stuff -

You certainly feel like an officer and gentlemen after using the GCB, lovely shave -

Pre - Hot Shower
Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Soap - Proraso Red
Razor - Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Black (4)
Post - AP Reserve Ozymandias (with a tiny smear of Nivea sensitive balm

Not my finest shave with a smallish cut on the Adam's Apple this morning. :hurting: Also a bit of rough razor burn on a small part of my moustache area. The Nivea helped settle this down rather quickly luckily. Maybe my technique was ordinary from a lack of sleep last night, or maybe i should just ditch the Proraso red and use something better. It's almost done and it hasn't been enjoyable to use. I just want it gone, but for what i paid years ago ($10 maybe?) i think i can move it on. The tub might come in handy to put some sample soaps in for loading :)

The Nivea helped settle this down rather quickly luckily.

The nivea sensitive balm is superb, it has compounds in it and a method of delivery that soothes like no other. I always keep a bottle of it in the den for those days where I get a little bit Genghis Khan with an aggressive razor.

Not my finest shave with a smallish cut on the Adam's Apple this morning. :hurting: ...

Yeah, that thing gets in the way - who put it there!

... for those days where I get a little bit Genghis Khan with an aggressive razor.

LOL - love it!

The nivea sensitive balm is superb, it has compounds in it and a method of delivery that soothes like no other. I always keep a bottle of it in the den for those days where I get a little bit Genghis Khan with an aggressive razor.
I agree 100%. Its something that i use rarely, but would never be without.

Thinking about it now, for the last 12 months or so, it has sat beside my sink for easy access, and not where i keep all my soaps and splashes - but a few days ago since it wasn't being used, i put it in the back of the cupboard where my splashes live. It must have been crying to get some love!!

bXIX18Et.jpg

One of the nice problems I have from attending the CBR Meet Up is I have an insane number of soaps to choose from in my travel kit.:)
5zR29EQl.jpg

Soap: Pb Ub63
Brush: Zenith Boar
Razor: Black Hawk
Blade: Feather Pro Super (6)
AS: Pb The Black Spruce
Sweeet combo this morning. The Ub63 is just luxury and the Black Hawk was singing. My daughter even helped me do the SOTD photo.:eek:

Date: 03 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory Beehive 30/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Reserve Cool
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #8
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

1. 1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Razor: eBay - nondescript straight
  3. Soap: Cella
  4. Brush: Floris - pure badger
  5. Postshave: hot shower
  6. Earworm: Epic - Faith No More
Another day, another cheap straight razor used to hone my honing skills. Not bad, no nicks, but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.