Status
Not open for further replies.
HcmByjl.jpg

Pre: Warm water
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (4)
Brush: Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic
Soap: Squadron The Warden

Woah that was the closest shave I've had in some while, a little too close for comfort actually.

Enjoy the week ahead everyone.

1. 1. Preshave: Cyril R Salter - Lavender
  2. Blade: Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: ATT, S2, Bamboo handle
  4. Soap: Stubble Trouble Summer Passion
  5. Brush: Sam and Son silvertip
  6. Postshave: Jojoba oil
  7. Earworm: Float On - Modest Mouse
Another great lather from the Stubble Trouble. However, very disappointed in the scent from this one. Very one dimensional and overly sweet for my liking. But, like all the others I haev, a wonderful and slick soap. Absolutely great results from the S2 plate. Of all my DEs I think that this gives me the best results.

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Bowl: Avalon Pottery Otter bowl
Soap: Abbie and Grace Lavender
Razor: Rockwell 6s (5,4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet

First shave since Friday morning and much needed. With my face swollen like a balloon, it was tough to lather properly so could only use painting strokes (carefully).

With so much growth, probably the most since forever, the first pass was tricky. Wasn’t sure if the blade was on the way out but kept it for the duration anyway.

Next pass was ok but for the final pass, swapped to plate 4 to avoid any knicks from lack of concentration, which I was rapidly losing!

All in all, with my face how it looks and how I feel, I’m happy with the result. Looking forward to the next one being much sooner than this one.

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Bowl: Avalon Pottery Otter bowl
Soap: Abbie and Grace Lavender
Razor: Rockwell 6s (5,4)
Blade: Gillette Nacet

First shave since Friday morning and much needed. With my face swollen like a balloon, it was tough to lather properly so could only use painting strokes (carefully).

With so much growth, probably the most since forever, the first pass was tricky. Wasn’t sure if the blade was on the way out but kept it for the duration anyway.

Next pass was ok but for the final pass, swapped to plate 4 to avoid any knicks from lack of concentration, which I was rapidly losing!

All in all, with my face how it looks and how I feel, I’m happy with the result. Looking forward to the next one being much sooner than this one.

Hey @tim33z....Hope all went according to plan with the extraction mate and you're not in to much pain....

Hey @tim33z....Hope all went according to plan with the extraction mate and you're not in to much pain....
Thanks @fruityasu yeah it went well but I’m just shattered. Slowly coming off the top notch pain killers and pain is bearable. Looking forward to chewing normal food again too!

Date: 10 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Omega 011842 27/52mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve 'D' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

Pre: Warm water, Pb Emulsion
Razor: Karve C plate
Blade: Astra Green
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Pb MnM

Nice relaxing shave. Sorry no photo’s this week.

Pre-shave: Proraso white, Lather, 5min Warm towel
Brush: Razorock 24mm Silvertip Synthetic
Soap/Cream: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Rockwell 6c (R3)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword- India (1)
Post-shave: Cold water splash, Styptic, Alum,Thayers Witch Hazel- Cucumber with Tea Tree Oil, Nivea sensitive balm

Nice 2.5 pass shave, first time with this blade I found it very similar to the WS classic maybe a little smoother. Made a rookie move in one spot and pressed to hard, overall not too bad a little irritation.

Wednesday - 9.10.18
Razor // CB Karve (D)
Blade // NOS Personna 74 Tungsten DE Razor Blade
Brush // Grizzly Bay - Titan Max Ltd. Edition
Bowl // Crazy Badger custom wood shave bowl
Soap // AP Reserve Suitably Attired Summer
Finale // Cold Water Rinse/Alum/Witch Hazel/ AP Reserve Suitably Attired Splash

HRGIYob.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
DnuO1OB.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Shave Oil....
Razor: Blackland Dart....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Tony Forsyth Custom Imperial Red....
Soap: Declaration Grooming Gratiot League Square....
Post: Thayers, Chatillon Lux Gratiot League Square Aftershave, Salve & EDT....

Status
Not open for further replies.