Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
My aftershave formulation has more than sufficient Witch Hazel in it, if you skip the thayers you will get longer duration from the fragrance in my splash :)

Thanks for the heads up on that mate.. this could well be why the fragrance isnt lasting as long as i would like... today i just used witch hazel but the other shave (with the la violetta) i used both witch hazel AND alum block

will give it a crack tomorrow (no witch hazel or alum)

just to clarify though.. i automatically used alum and witch hazel when starting out in DE shaving only because i read good things about both on the forums. what are the benefits of using or not using witch hazel and alum (apart from what you have mentioned) and when are they best to be used?

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Razorock Big Bruce
Soap: Abbie and Grace Lavender
Razor: Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson sword (1)

Nice close shave with zero irritation. Bit sensitive on the cheeks with my now obvious bruises lol!

umIxyJR.jpg

Pre: Bluebeard's Revenge Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock yellow (5)
Brush: TSW Silvertip
Soap: APR Fenchurch

The pre-shave is something I got at Shaver Shop when I first started this way of shaving. Got a decent shave in the end but not sure how much it actually contributed. Probably not worth applying in the future given how greasy it makes your hands.

Enjoy your day everyone.

Date: 12 September 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Squadron ~ Group Captain's Blend
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #4
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic / Lucky Tiger Face Moisturizer
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

IMAG0260.jpg

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Head:
Headblade Ghost
Face: iKon X3 + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: RR xXx

A quick head/face shave this morning and overall efficient with minor drag from the Nacet blade. Left the brush wet during loading allowing for some super slick lather for the noggin. Not so great for the face but still managed a SAS with minimum fuss :) Have a great evening!

Once again an off topic post from me rather than a boring one about my shave kit.

In Amsterdam there is some great food - 'Zeeuwse' clams with white wine, thyme, garlic and olive oil

Followed by - Roasted duck with Beluga lentils, grilled little gem, roasted peach, panchetta and mirin

Notice the nice placement of the restaurant name for this Insta age!

Being Amsterdam you must have a canal photo -

and a last evening photo from my hotel window -

Not quite the same as shaving pics but ...
Great pics, Agent 66!

IMAG0260.jpg

Brush: Proraso (Omega)
Head: Headblade Ghost
Face: iKon X3 + OSS handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (6)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine lather bowl
Soap: RR xXx

A quick head/face shave this morning and overall efficient with minor drag from the Nacet blade. Left the brush wet during loading allowing for some super slick lather for the noggin. Not so great for the face but still managed a SAS with minimum fuss :) Have a great evening!
This is close to an amazing shave I'll forgive you with the Ikon

Status
Not open for further replies.