Arko shaving stick
Post hot shower shave.
Aesop post shave balm

Pre-shave:- Hot shower
Brush:- Vulfix Pure Badger
Soap/Cream:- Arko
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 37c Slant / Feather
Post-shave:- Cella Lozione Dopobarba

I kept thinking that I'd forgotten to flush the toilet....but no it was just the glorious scent of Arko

iiJoWlj.jpg

Simpson CH3
BBS-1
Feather
MdC Fougère
Chatillon Lux TSM Fougère/SYLVA

Lovely setup, seriously good looking razor too. Yet to smell Sylva, on paper it seems my gig.

3Ct01dVh.jpg

Soap: Mystic Water - Marrakesh
Brush: 26mm TF HMW
Razor: Boker - King Cutter
Moral of the story is don't strop razors around children or animals. Pup was sitting watching the stropping last night and lunged at the razor. My move to avoid the pup slashed the strop.
Kept the slasher run going this morning drawing blood on my ear and lip (minor with only a trace of blood) and nearly my chin. Moon must be in the wrong position. Otherwise great shave.:)
"Otherwise great shave" lol blood everywhere. If my concentration gave me an ear cut I clearly need to stop because it is only going to get worst. :nailbiting:

Yeah I'm team Veronica all the way (without the goatee). Nice Alpha brush, your knot or his? Thoughts?

That's from Yesterday:

Pre: nothing
machine: Timeless scalloped 0.68 + Astra green
Brush: BSB2 Silvertip
cream: Musgo real Lime Basil
splash: B&M Seville (almost to be finished)
EdP: APR Fresca, not included in the picture

bLHUWIz.jpg

I heard a lot from this brand (being a portuguese brand makes it quite common in spanishs shaves) and it works pretty well, indeed. But the scent I was expecting from the name was a bit different. I got more basil, while I was thinking on a summer scented cream. Nice, too, but I don't know why, I was expecting something menthol-vitamined and more summery :)
Regarding this head, I almost went to doublecheck if there was a blade inside. That's a smooth crafted stuff!!!
The post and EdP were chosen thinking in a more citrus-summerry scented cream, but any way, they made a great job.

BTW, seeing that there will be no Fresca splash release this summer, what could I use in between Fresca Soap and EdP that could be bougth locally? I was wondering maybe fine italian citrus? what about some of the citrus from Chatty&Lux available, maybe still, at The Stray whisker?

cheers

Another sample to try :) SOTN

Ariana & Evans Asian Plum
RW 6c
Mondial 908 Homme
Vulfix 406 Burlington Pure Badger. I have to ad that this baby has been one of my favourite brushes of all times

Now for this A&E Asian Plum. Lathers like so so easy no issues there at all. However, for me personally at that point on it just did not do it for me I kept trying with it but she just left me flat. In scent, performance and post feel just left me dry and flat & I mean dry skin felt dehydrated. It's one time I wish I had a post Balm of White Proraso to hand.

FxtmrcN.jpg

Lovely setup, seriously good looking razor too. Yet to smell Sylva, on paper it seems my gig.

"Otherwise great shave" lol blood everywhere. If my concentration gave me an ear cut I clearly need to stop because it is only going to get worst. :nailbiting:

Yeah I'm team Veronica all the way (without the goatee). Nice Alpha brush, your knot or his? Thoughts?
The badger knot came with the handle, and there’s a spare ferrule for you to put in a knot of your choice. I haven’t decided what to put in that one yet :giggle:

As the Toilet World Tour starts to wind down, my digs in Poole certainly have a toilet -

my kit is safely ensconced -

and it seems that @UKSteve's boat is in town too -

I can smell the inventory of high grade scents from across the other side of the harbour!

Dinner? At the Poole Arms tonight, the oldest pub in Poole. Could not fly home without having Moules Mariniere and some Sea Bass fillets for main, washed down with a Chilean Sauvignon Blanc

Off to The Tank Museum tomorrow...

Yacht dear boy, yacht.

I believe the tank museum has a Challenger 2 MBT in it, which is still the current British Army MBT. I used to inspect and repair those among other armoured vehicles whilst attached to 1 Royal Tank Regiment and the Scots Dragoon Guards.
The Armour Centre Bovington is also the home of British Army training for armoured warfare.
It should be an enjoyable day.

Melbourne’s weather is trying to turn it on so I thought I’d help with some Florian....

LwSSucO.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Karve ‘D’....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Tony Forsythe Imperial Red....
Soap: APR Florian....

Pre - Hot shower
Brush - Yaqi Timberwolf synthetic
Soap - A&G Lavender
Razor - Rockwell 6S (2)
Blade - Astra (2)
Post - Stirling Bergamot Lavender

Less than 24 hours between shaves and dialled the rockwell back to plate 2. Very good 2 pass shave with almost zero feedback from the alum block. As i've been using this soap exclusively of late, i can say that i am averaging around 3-4grams per shave. How does this compare to what others are using?

2a4pl6o.jpg

Karve 'A' w/ Polsilver (1)
Semouge 830
Declaration Grooming Shore Soap and Splash
TSW After Balm

Soap lathered up pretty well but I feel I didn't get it right. I should of went a bowl lather for atleast the first run. I remember it took me a while to get the previous Declaration base right, now it's one of my favourites.

There is definitely a bit of a funky smell (as others have mentioned) to the top of this soap and it comes out as you start to lather but disappears quite quick (or you get used to it).

The scent is great, however on the light side. Nice and fresh. Not exactly what I was after at first, want a real sea salt on the air coastal smell. But an hour or so later I'm am starting to get something along them lines slightly. It's a very light scent though, I can't see it making lunch time.

The splash was nicely mentholated. I struggle a bit with the menthol, but this was fine.

All up a perfect sunny weather set. Will be good when the sun starts getting really up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.